Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield 1, Battlefront 1, 2)

Post by daemon1 »

ok the explanation is simple:

bms extracts compressed chunks
python extract decompressed chunks

thats why size is different

if you tell me some chunk that is "missing" i can check that
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:bms extracts compressed chunks
python extract decompressed chunks
Oh, hmmm, who would have thought, makes sense now, thank you.
daemon1 wrote:if you tell me some chunk that is "missing" I can check that
Sorry for delay, attached are some of the missing chunks that are missing.
missing_chunks.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:if you tell me some chunk that is "missing" i can check that
is the text file with missing chunks any good of help to check the script?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

mono24 wrote:
daemon1 wrote:if you tell me some chunk that is "missing" i can check that
is the text file with missing chunks any good of help to check the script?
i had no time to check it yet, but it would be better you if you also tell me which files they are linked from

because they can be just unused chunks
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:which files they are linked from
You mean from what sb/toc pair are from or what resType files they belong to?
Because besides the audio chunks that the script shows them automatically missing while trying to convert them, I added the others manually based on their respective resTypes, I have no clue how to search for the missing ones with the script.
resTypes_with_missing_chunks.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Hey daemon1,

...since your very busy was wondering if I can try your python script that you extracted NFSTheRun?
Want to give it a try, I've even tried for audio for example, both AudioSuperBundle and ChunksAudio in a separate folder, extracted them,
and results are still zero saying no chunks can be found for conversion using the frostbite2 decoder script, makes no sense.
I want to compare the extracted log from the script with your version and see what am I missing from extraction.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ok i checked the meshsets you provided, there are only few as i understand, they have only 1 lod, so i think they are just leftovers not used in game

as or audio, it known that audio chunk IDs were specifically encrypted in some games, so no surprise here we have same probably. The old method is not working, so i think they did something else to encrypt them.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:there are only few as I understand, they have only 1 lod, so I think they are just leftovers not used in game
Only a few because it was insane to manually search each and one of them, but its odd because many more are missing even from game asset map, few from cars, so they must be somewhat linked just as you said, might be encrypted or scrambled in a weird way.

may I please have and use the script you have for the game though? I want to give it swirl.

thank you for looking in to it
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ok but in this case in must be like... only a few unused chunks match, which are kind of leftovers, and VAST majority of chunks will NOT match (encrypted)

heres the script, but i dont think it will help at all
StraightArrow
ultra-n00b

Post by StraightArrow »

@daemon1 Having a lot of trouble with Battlefield 1 mesh work. You still support it? Getting the faceposer error even after the skeleton in working folder and visual unlock tricks. I really just need some weapon models from xpack 2. I cant seem to find the chunks for the 1p gun models in another program so I am trying this one. Now I can't even open any models with this software. Can someone help pretty please. and thank you
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

StraightArrow wrote:@daemon1 Having a lot of trouble with Battlefield 1 mesh work. You still support it? Getting the faceposer error even after the skeleton in working folder and visual unlock tricks. I really just need some weapon models from xpack 2. I cant seem to find the chunks for the 1p gun models in another program so I am trying this one. Now I can't even open any models with this software. Can someone help pretty please. and thank you
yes it still must be supported
probably you're doing something wrong
send me files, i can check them
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

StraightArrow wrote:I really just need some weapon models from xpack 2
I checked the files, they are in a patch, and patch is not yet supported. You can get files with python script and then convert models with my model tool
Nat517
ultra-n00b

Post by Nat517 »

mono24 wrote:
daemon1 wrote:
mono24 wrote:Somewhere around or until Christmas of 2018?
no, but maybe after it. Maybe.
DAMN, so that means well have another unfinished tool like others out there all over internet, all alone an abandoned, lol (unless that was sarcasm hehe)
Hashbandit wrote:How do i extract the audo files from the game?
Well. lets see, a step by step you say, ay?

-make sure you have python 2.7.3 32bit installed,
-get this audio script converter download/file.php?id=13430
-extract it somewhere you like, and right click on fb3decoder.py and select Edit with IDLE
-IDLE window opens showing you what the script is about,
-now modify the following black/green lines with where you dumped the game data such as the ebx/res/chunks
-first line is where you have dumped the whole game data

Code: Select all

dumpDirectory   = r"T:\0research\swbf2"
-second line where you want to dump the audio (make sure its not on same HDD where you dumped the game data to avoid HDD read/write errors and such),

targetDirectory = r"T:\0research\swbf2snd"
-third line is very important as well, make sure to enter the path where you have the ealayer3.exe

ealayer3Path=r"H:\my projects\progs\ealayer3.exe"
-now make sure you have these folder structures where you dumped the game data the same if not make sure to modify them accordingly,

ebxFolder    = r"bundles\ebx" 
chunkFolder  = r"chunks"
chunkFolder2 = r"bundles\chunks"
-last step make sure you have in same folder where fb3decoder.py is both XAS/EASpeex .dll's
-now all you have to do is click F5 on your keyboard, click OK to save script if prompted, another window will open showing you the process, and it should go trough all ebx's to convert what ever has audio in it.

have fun
Thank you so much for the detailed instruction, but I don't have a EASpeedx.dll. This is my log:

Python 2.7 (r27:82525, Jul 4 2010, 09:01:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.
>>> ================================ RESTART ================================
>>>
XAS1 dll detected.
EASpeex dll not detected.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\liyis\Downloads\swbf2_sounds\fb3decoder.py", line 99, in <module>
startupinfo.dwFlags |= subprocess.STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW'
>>>

where can I find one?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Nat517 wrote:where can I find one?
The WHOLE website is full of them in so many attachments, I guess another one wont hurt, yet I wish most of you who join can take some time and do some research, everything is already posted, you name it.
easpeex.zip
Although based on your error, something else might be wrong too, not an expert here anyway, but try it and see what's up.
Nat517
ultra-n00b

Post by Nat517 »

mono24 wrote:
Nat517 wrote:where can I find one?
The WHOLE website is full of them in so many attachments, I guess another one wont hurt, yet I wish most of you who join can take some time and do some research, everything is already posted, you name it.
easpeex.zip
Although based on your error, something else might be wrong too, not an expert here anyway, but try it and see what's up.
Sorry about that, and really thank you for the help, I've been feeling lost the whole day until you showed up. I just figured out I always had them in the same folder with the other two, but the fb3decoder.py won't recognize EASpeex.dll and kept saying it is not found.

And about the other error, yes it kept shows up and I have no idea what to do with it. I have python 2.7, which is recommended in this thread. I also tried a newer version of python (3.6), and it just kept saying "invalid syntax".