Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
aspadm
advanced

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by aspadm »

Hi there, iero79!

That animation splitted between texture files and .swf elements (user interface). You can find this files using DEMD Database program:

1. Download and unzip DEMD Database (some posts above)
2. Create file "unpack_ext.txt" in folder where is file "DEMD database.exe" and write this lines to it:

Code: Select all

pc_localized-swf
pc_swf
pc_tex
3. "File"->"Unpack game DB"
4. "File"->"Open unpacked DB"

Now you can see file tree in left side. Look at files in "UI/Flash/swf" folder: there are a lot of .swf files with interest names.
You need to save needed files using "File"->export functions.

After that you need HEX-editor. Just trim first bytes before 47 46 58 0B bytes (GFX)

Next step is to google and read some articles about SWF/GFX game UI editing (Scaleform GFx). As example, http://alloutmodding.wikia.com/wiki/.gfx.

Enjoy ;)

P.S. If you already tryed to use DEMD Database early, you don't need to unpack all game files anew. Just replace step 3 to this: delete file "converted_base.txt" (if exist) in folder where lay "NameMap.txt" (do NOT delete THIS file!)

UPD:

I poked around and write small tool for trimming unused first bytes/change magic and exporting DDS textures from DEMD .swf files. So, you don't need HEX editor to start working with .swf file :)
Link: https://yadi.sk/d/xTps1wLy3Scfcm
iero79
ultra-n00b

Post by iero79 »

aspadm wrote:Hi there, iero79!

That animation splitted between texture files and .swf elements (user interface). You can find this files using DEMD Database program:

2. Create file "unpack_ext.txt" in folder where is file "DEMD database.exe" and write this lines to it:

pc_localized-swf
pc_swf
pc_tex

Now you can see file tree in left side. Look at files in "UI/Flash/swf" folder: there are a lot of .swf files with interest names.

After that you need HEX-editor. Just trim first bytes before 47 46 58 0B bytes (GFX)

Next step is to google and read some articles about SWF/GFX game UI editing (Scaleform GFx). As example, http://alloutmodding.wikia.com/wiki/.gfx.

Enjoy ;)

P.S. If you already tryed to use DEMD Database early, you don't need to unpack all game files anew. Just replace step 3 to this: delete file "converted_base.txt" (if exist) in folder where lay "NameMap.txt" (do NOT delete THIS file!)
Hi, I'm finding it very useful, but I'm stranded.

I get to the point where I have to do the hexadecimal edition, where I've tried many combinations of deleting the first characters, but I can't get "RABCDAsm" to do its job, always throws me error.
In UltraEdit I have tested searches for the digits you mention, and they don't appear in any of the extracted files.

Attached is a screenshot of one of the "swf" open in "UltraEdit", to see if any of you are able to see where the error is.

P.S. I've had enough of Google searches, but I don't think I'm looking good, because the information I find doesn't guide me at all.
Excuse my clumsiness, I'm a rookie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

iero79 wrote: In UltraEdit I have tested searches for the digits you mention, and they don't appear in any of the extracted files.
It's my fault... You need to trim bytes before GFX text (bytes 47 46 58, it's in middle of screen) on the right panel of HEX editor. After that, replace this letters to FWS.

But when you've writing this post, I wrote a tool, that do this operations automatically :) See updated post below.
iero79
ultra-n00b

Post by iero79 »

Thanks to the help of aspadm, I was able to extract all the files I was interested in.
But there's one thing I don't understand, why do I get dds and swf files separately, and I can't see or find the images in the swf?
I mean, I get two files, but the extracted images, you can't see them inside the swf, is there any explanation for this?, is there the possibility of inserting those images into the swf?, because I'm thinking that, you don't see them, or find them because they have been extracted.

Thank you again, and forgive my ignorance.

P.S. the images are seen inside the swf as a red square, that's what I mean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sir Kane
veteran

Post by Sir Kane »

It's just an optimization, since images embedded in SWF are either JPEG or zlib compressed. Loading whatever native engine format is typically faster.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Pure Hair research almost complete. Tools will be available soon.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

model/hair tools release here
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18534
TheMaestro55555
ultra-n00b

Post by TheMaestro55555 »

Hi friends! Did anyone can help me with Game.layer.1.all.archive from DXMD.
I using HEX editor, edit some values like stack of items and sizes of items, but i cant find all.
I dont know this:
How edit weapons height? (all weapons have height "2", but i cant find how edit this)
How edit pistols width? (10mm,Revolver and Stun Gun, i cant find them)
How edit wight of ammo from weapons? (9mm,10mm,5,56mm,40mm and other)

All this i think must be inside Game.layer.1.all.archive, but i cant find it( :[
Maybe some one can help?
hydin
ultra-n00b

Post by hydin »

Edit - Bought the game, managed to get the masks found. Big thanks for all the tools and instructions in the thread!
AzothRaven
beginner

Post by AzothRaven »

aspadm wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm Hi there, iero79!

pc_localized-swf
pc_swf
pc_tex

Enjoy ;)

UPD:

I poked around and write small tool for trimming unused first bytes/change magic and exporting DDS textures from DEMD .swf files. So, you don't need HEX editor to start working with .swf file :)
Link: https://yadi.sk/d/xTps1wLy3Scfcm
Hi Espadm!
Frist of all wanted to thank you for the tool for Deus Ex Mankind Divided! I ma noob in this community and i´m using it, but just after unpacking it I get an error and I cannot progress, here are screenshots of what happens, could you please help me a little?
I think that the NameMap.txt. is not getting created but I have no idea why or how to fix it.
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

AzothRaven wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:25 am I think that the NameMap.txt. is not getting created but I have no idea why or how to fix it.
Hi!
It's an old problem in my program. It's a false positive message, i.e. in reality unpacking completed.
You must just open created NameMap.txt (Open unpacked DB).
Goeuff
ultra-n00b

Post by Goeuff »

Hi, sorry if I come off as ret*rded but can someone give me concise instructions on how to get the models and textures from the files?
I've already gotten the huge collection of .dat (and other) files, now what?
Also I don't know if it's my fault but I can't find the "updated versions" of volfin's script.
Thank you in advance!
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

Goeuff wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:34 pm I've already gotten the huge collection of .dat (and other) files, now what?
There is not a big amount of GUI tools, so I can recommend DEMD DB program (latest build: https://yadi.sk/d/qUxdTmJa3MxHEs).
It allows to preview and convert textures, most of models formats, FSB (audio) files.

If you used SirKane's script to unpack files, you have directory with file "NameMap.txt" inside it. In that case simply open this file from DEMD DB ("Open unpacked game").
If not, just read help from program. The only remark is that it give an error after unpacking - just skip that message.

P.S. I'm now writing more stable standalone version from scratch, but it may take a lot of time to finish it.
Goeuff
ultra-n00b

Post by Goeuff »

aspadm wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:50 pm
Goeuff wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:34 pm I've already gotten the huge collection of .dat (and other) files, now what?
There is not a big amount of GUI tools, so I can recommend DEMD DB program (latest build: https://yadi.sk/d/qUxdTmJa3MxHEs).
It allows to preview and convert textures, most of models formats, FSB (audio) files.

If you used SirKane's script to unpack files, you have directory with file "NameMap.txt" inside it. In that case simply open this file from DEMD DB ("Open unpacked game").
If not, just read help from program. The only remark is that it give an error after unpacking - just skip that message.

P.S. I'm now writing more stable standalone version from scratch, but it may take a lot of time to finish it.
Thank you so much for the link and for the quick reply <3
samboychips
ultra-n00b

Post by samboychips »

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but if anyone here still has Sir Kane's DEMDextractor and can repost it here, that would be amazing. The original link isn't valid anymore and I can't seem to find it anywhere else!