Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Okami .dat files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
bug
ultra-n00b

Okami .dat files

Post by bug »

Hey folks, real new at this sort of stuff so might come off as a bit of a dunce here.

I'm trying to find all the possible .dat files in the Okami HD PC data that I can convert into .dds files, mainly things like the maps and other 2D images. Problem is I honestly have no clue how I'm supposed to do this.

So far I've decrypted everything stored in \Okami\data_pc with quickbms and been trying to view files with Noesis, which like I said before only lets me view certain files.

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong section
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Okami .dat files

Post by Bigchillghost »

How are others supposed to help if you don't upload any samples? (:
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
bug
ultra-n00b

Post by bug »

Bigchillghost wrote:How are others supposed to help if you don't upload any samples? (:
oh sorry!

https://mega.nz/#!cu5SnBYS!GYfOap2rIq5B ... xyR7utR0S0

this first one is what ive already been able to extract as i mentioned in the original post

https://mega.nz/#!Ji4SFQII!KgFrNEoOBDqO ... K5lBci_Hb8

and this is an example of decrypted .dat files that im triyng to convert to .dds
ffgriever
beginner

Post by ffgriever »

What's the problem? I mean, all the files are properly handled by my tools I've posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17404&start=30#p137061

see this map_r10e_0.png
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

ffgriever wrote:all the files are properly handled by my tools I've posted in this thread
Not sure whether he has seen that or not.
bug wrote:this is an example of decrypted .dat files that im triyng to convert to .dds
Anyway here's a BMS script that can dump the images from the dat files you uploaded.
DDSExtractor.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
bug
ultra-n00b

Post by bug »

Bigchillghost wrote:
ffgriever wrote:all the files are properly handled by my tools I've posted in this thread
Not sure whether he has seen that or not.
bug wrote:this is an example of decrypted .dat files that im triyng to convert to .dds
Anyway here's a BMS script that can dump the images from the dat files you uploaded.
DDSExtractor.rar
thanks so much, you're an absolute lifesaver
bug
ultra-n00b

Post by bug »

ffgriever wrote:What's the problem? I mean, all the files are properly handled by my tools I've posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17404&start=30#p137061

see this map_r10e_0.png
i could be doing something wrong, but ive tried those and unfortunately they don't seem to work for me (they close almost immediately after i open them), im not sure if its because im on windows 10 or if im missing something else?
ffgriever
beginner

Post by ffgriever »

These are command line tools. It's just much easier and faster to type things than click through them. Not to mention how much easier these are to use in batch mode (with a simple for-do batch loop). Making GUIs is just too much hassle, comparing the value they add (or detract) to the application.

Code: Select all

okami-pack -u input_file output_dir
But that may be a matter of age.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Bigchillghost wrote:Anyway here's a BMS script that can dump the images from the dat files you uploaded.
DDSExtractor.rar
:eek: man you went all out, nice detective work! :D
this is a generic ripper script that can do the same :D

Code: Select all

# script for QuickBMS http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

findloc OFFSET binary "\x44\x44\x53\x20"
do
    goto OFFSET
    goto -0x14 0 seek_cur
    get NAME string
    string NAME p "OkamiHD_PC\%s.dds" NAME
    goto OFFSET
    goto 0x14 0 seek_cur
    get SIZE long
    log NAME OFFSET SIZE
    findloc OFFSET binary "\x44\x44\x53\x20" 0 "" -1
while OFFSET != ""
kyojindesu
ultra-n00b

Post by kyojindesu »

Hi. I let myself refresh the topic, because I'm trying to extract some images from the Okami dat files, but neither method seems to be working. I tried using the BMS script and okami-pack, but I'm getting errors. It may be that a given dat file doesn't contain an image, but I tried several different files, and it never worked.