Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy XY PC (Benchmark)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Final Fantasy XY PC (Benchmark)

Post by Darko »

Noesis supports models from this game (at least the benchmark):

The textures are not working.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/luwawwi6i ... eimages.7z
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Final Fantasy XY PC (Benchmark)

Post by episoder »

updated: currently should support dxt1, dxt3, dxt5, bc4, bc5, bc6, bc7. i don't have samples, so... dxt3 and bc6 formats are just good guesses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by episoder on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Meguido
beginner

Post by Meguido »

Thanks @episoder !
It worked so far with every texture I tried.

I was wondering if there's any chance to make the materials also compatible with the pc (benchmark) version? Right now you have to export the textures out of noesis and load them in an external 3d app to see them applied to the meshes.
Example of the error noesis throws in the debug log (very basic):

Code: Select all

Reading 'xxx\... \\character\nh\nh00\model_000\\nh00_000_skin_00_mat.gmtl'...Failed.
Some material examples attached.
xvbch_mats.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

ehh. well... ofc you can't read those materials with the texture loader. and you gotta remove the "noesis.logPopup()" line. seems i forgot that. :mrgreen:

and... no... i won't puzzle materials. are they even usable or extractable by noesis? i dunno. i don't care. those files are shader blah. no reproducing that. they got the texture names, but... screw it. the guy who did the model loader should add this parser. i don't even have any of this model data or scripts. i don't need either. seems it works just like that. the models got names? they have underscores and simple file name structure. to port or work with them you need a modelling tool anyway. so... i think i'm done. :)
Meguido
beginner

Post by Meguido »

Haha yeah I know materials can't be read with your texture loader plugin. Was just wondering if it was possible to do the same you did for the textures but with the materials. Abou the log I didn't realize that line was there, I have log enabled by default xD.

As far as I know they're loadable in noesis (at least the ps4 version ofc) dunno about exporting them but I can guess not xD.
To be honest it was just to simplify the work for just seeing models in a more recognizable way. It's not necessary at all apart from that ^^. So thank you anyway you gave us the texture tool which is more than enough with models being readable already.

About your question on model names, nop. They have no names only "nh00" (this should be Noctis' head and one could think nh stand for that but then nh01 is gladios' head so no xD) and stuff like that.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

got the files and noesis upgrade. added a format (seems to be BC7) that might come in handy.

and i still can't tackle the material assignment. closed source. :)

holy sh!t. the rigs are awesome sauce. /sarcasm nice grope bones tho. :D
tone
beginner

Post by tone »

it seems that noesis can't no longer correctly export .earc files. the exported file is less than 1 mb
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

yes. the noesis plugins are for the console data format. only the models work. format was not changed, obviously.

you can extract the earc files with this script -> https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t ... =80#p32136
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

tone wrote:it seems that noesis can't no longer correctly export .earc files. the exported file is less than 1 mb
Noesis does not support pc earc files.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

That stuff was written for PS4 data, it's a small miracle anything from a PC build loads!

I doubt it would be tough to adapt the material/texture support (or the animation support, which hasn't gone public yet), but I don't expect I'll get a chance to look at it any time soon. For the same reasons I haven't made a Noesis build in months.
Tohru Adachi
ultra-n00b

Post by Tohru Adachi »

Who can i extract Models, and view them in Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age? It has the same phyre Engine as Final Fantasy 10 Hd.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

Tohru Adachi wrote:Who can i extract Models, and view them in Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age? It has the same phyre Engine as Final Fantasy 10 Hd.
This is not the correct topic, please start a new topic for questions not related to FFXV.
Tohru Adachi
ultra-n00b

Post by Tohru Adachi »

I Did. But it's like nobody be on this Forum like that.
wetbandaid
ultra-n00b

Post by wetbandaid »

Anyone figure out a way to export the files back into .earc yet? Were older versions of Noesis able to do it?
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

wetbandaid wrote:Anyone figure out a way to export the files back into .earc yet? Were older versions of Noesis able to do it?
done it. viewtopic.php?p=138275#p138275

done the bms script to reimport btex files and the bms earc extractor managed to reimport the earchive. i dunno how the earc files work. i guess it is luck it could compress the file smaller to fit into the fixed chunks. this may need a fix.