Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy XII TZA (PC)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
zlksmlnu
n00b

Final Fantasy XII TZA (PC)

Post by zlksmlnu »

Has anyone managed to extract the FFXII_TZA.vbf file \Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE\
?

Would like to do some research on cut content from the game and getting inside this file would be a major help.
Thanks.
ssringo
veteran

Re: Final Fantasy XII TZA (PC)

Post by ssringo »

I'd recommend also asking over on zenhax. You also need to upload samples.

Download quickbms and the filecutter script from here. Run quickbms, choose the script and then the file you're looking to get extracted. It'll cut off parts of the main file. Upload those files and post them so people will have samples to work with.
Topher
n00b

Post by Topher »

VBFTool, a command line tool I created for FFX/FFX-2 VBF files, seems to work just fine with FFXII TZA.

https://github.com/topher-au/VBFTool

You might need to compile from source, I'll get a newer release pushed out sometime in the near future.
zlksmlnu
n00b

Post by zlksmlnu »

Topher wrote:VBFTool, a command line tool I created for FFX/FFX-2 VBF files, seems to work just fine with FFXII TZA.

https://github.com/topher-au/VBFTool

You might need to compile from source, I'll get a newer release pushed out sometime in the near future.
Hi, thanks I downloaded one of the older releases, when running it I have to pass a text file with file names? How do I get the file names in the first place if I cannot look inside the archive to get them?

Thanks again.

e;
If I try to just pass it an output directory it throws an error

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Localadmin\Downloads\vbfextract_0.0.3>vbfextract.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE\FFXII_TZA.vbf" -o C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE
VBF File Extractor v0.0.3 by Topher
------------------------------------

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Localadmin\Downloads\vbfextract_0.0.3\AGE'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at VBFTool.VirtuosBigFileReader.LoadBigFileFile(String path)
   at vbfextract.Program.ExtractVBF(String vbfFile)
   at vbfextract.Program.Main(String[] args)