Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars

Old posts about game archives and other formats.
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

All I know is that SW Galaxies downloaded a truckload of patches in the few days I used the trial.

Among the SW Galaxies files I attached above, theres a file called "StarWarsUpdate.log" which seems to contain information about what is loaded and when.

If this file could be of any interest though, you probably need the one Byme has since those are the files you've used as reference.

Apologies if I don't make any sense with this (more than likely), I'm just guessing here.

N
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

I believe that all the patches are loaded when the game loads. It goes from oldest to newest, because if you look in the .tre files, all you see are what's updated in the newer version.

Modding goes by creating a folder then the file to replace inside of it. (for instance ui\ui_styles.inc).
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

NinjaMuffin wrote:All I know is that SW Galaxies downloaded a truckload of patches in the few days I used the trial.

Among the SW Galaxies files I attached above, theres a file called "StarWarsUpdate.log" which seems to contain information about what is loaded and when.

If this file could be of any interest though, you probably need the one Byme has since those are the files you've used as reference.

Apologies if I don't make any sense with this (more than likely), I'm just guessing here.

N
Alright, I've got a StarWarsUpdate.log, but I've also got StarWarsUpdate.log.002,.003,.004, all the way up to .009.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

Oh.. and if you need any full patches, http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... 04#M225604
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Right, so the patch_sku2_15_00.tre file can be opened by TRE Archiver already, I tried and it works. Like I said, its a version 0005 TRE. I guess then the problem is with the 0006 files.
Last edited by Mr.Mouse on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

Any other files you need? I've still got an active subscription.. so I can get any of them.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Here's the new TRE Archiver. The Friends of MultiEx (version 4.2) can use the TOC feature. Just opt to open a TOC file and see if the archiver could find the right TREs. Then click to open it.

Interestingly, the number of resources referred to by the TOC file may differ from the actual files in the TRE referred.

Read the readme.txt and the short manual.txt.

NOTE: Don't see a download link? Download requires registration at this forum (free).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mr.Mouse on Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Thank's Mr. Mouse. :)

So if I understand it correctly, if I can't open a .tre using this then and I'm pretty sure it's one of the later versions (i.e. post 0004), then it's safe to say it's not possible to open because it uses compression method 1?

Does this change if one goes via the TOC, or are the criterias of which types of files that can be opened still the same regardless? I would of course try this out and find out by myself, but unfortunately I removed the installation because my trial period ran out...only saving the .tre files. :P

Thanks again

N
Last edited by NinjaMuffin on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

TRE 0006 should be opened via the TOC method, TRE 0005 should be opened using the TRE method. The TOC files refer to 0006 AND 0005 files, so you could also open those 0005 files via the TRE method. Perhaps I should include an option to identify a file ;)

Are there any 0004 files still around?
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Aha...ok I see. Not so smart move of me removing the .toc file then. :roll:

Regarding the 0004 files, I have no clue. I don't know how to identify them and tell them apart and I'm not sure how many of the files in the install are removed or changed when updating.

If I knew how then I could check the .tre files I saved from my install if that would be of interest.

EDIT: Ok I'm gonna come off as a complete noob now (newsflash :P ), but I used a hex editor to open a .tre file and in the the beginning of the file theres this info: "EERT5000". Does this perhaps indicate the version of the file?

N
Last edited by NinjaMuffin on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

YES :P
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Mr.Mouse wrote:YES :P
YAY! :D

Ok, I'll check the .tre files in my old trial install as well as the downloadable patches that Byme posted (I downloaded the lot just for the heck of it) and see which versions they are.

N
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Ok, checked the .tre files from my old trial install and they all are EERT6000.

Will go through the downloadable ones as well, but might take a while as ther are quite a few of them.
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Ok, done.

The versions of the downloadable files are a somehwat even mix between EERT5000 or EERT6000 only...I could find no other.

N
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Cool. Then I shall add a ID option and all TRE files can be extracted again. :) As Byme said, modding can be done by creating the correct folder and the right files, so for now I'm not going through extra trouble and make those TRE0006 adaptable; extraction should suffice.