Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

World of Warships

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Monstrofil
ultra-n00b

Re: World of Warships

Post by Monstrofil »

Is there any progress in reversing assets.bin?
soulbrother73
ultra-n00b

Post by soulbrother73 »

This site has the models , and it works well with ninja ripper.
https://gamemodels3d.com/
Portugalotaku
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Portugalotaku »

Andrakann wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:19 am
ebross67 wrote:What is being used to extract the .pkg file? Thanks.
"wows_unpacker_gui" tool.
But you don't need to unpack pkg's if you want to use WoT Model Editor B30.1.10, you need to download and install World of Warships 0.5.2.4 (optimal for editor) or 0.5.4.3 (0.5.4.2) (more ships, but new ones missing master XMLs for editor) - you can find those versions on torrent trackers like live-rutor.org.
In newer versions all .visual and .model files are compiled to single assets.bin file, which is totally unreversed atm (afaik).
Latest versions of game use newer format of .primitives, which can't be loaded by editor, even if you have all .visual and .model files for them.
I am extremely sorry for the bump, but there is something I am curious about.
Namely, where do you find the information to create the xml files (especially the Gkids ones). I know some of the information is in the visual files, but not all of it.

Furthermore, at what version of the game did the primitives format change exactly?
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

Portugalotaku wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:26 am Namely, where do you find the information to create the xml files (especially the Gkids ones). I know some of the information is in the visual files, but not all of it.
It's in gameparams.data file, you'll need to un-pickle it before use, starting info is here, but later there are some changes in unpickling, due to encoding changes in game.
Latest versions of game gives error if you try to full unpickle gameparams.data - something changed again. (Update: found this and it's ok now)
Furthermore, at what version of the game did the primitives format change exactly?
After 0.5.4.3 (0.5.4.2) (they both have the same set of ship models), 0.5.5.0 and later gives error.
Portugalotaku
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Portugalotaku »

Andrakann wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 am
Portugalotaku wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:26 am Namely, where do you find the information to create the xml files (especially the Gkids ones). I know some of the information is in the visual files, but not all of it.
It's in gameparams.data file, you'll need to un-pickle it before use, starting info is here, but later there are some changes in unpickling, due to encoding changes in game.
Latest versions of game gives error if you try to full unpickle gameparams.data - something changed again. (Update: found this and it's ok now)
After 0.5.4.3 (0.5.4.2) (they both have the same set of ship models), 0.5.5.0 and later gives error.
Thanks for the links, I greatly appreciate it.

Is that true about the version? A friend of mine had an extracted version of 0.6.4.1 that had the models functioning properly on import.
And if it's true, do you know anyone who might have older versions of the client backed up? Older even than 0.5.4.3.

Thanks anyways, the unpickler alone will help me greatly.
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

Portugalotaku wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:15 pm Is that true about the version? A friend of mine had an extracted version of 0.6.4.1 that had the models functioning properly on import.
And if it's true, do you know anyone who might have older versions of the client backed up? Older even than 0.5.4.3.
Hm.. I'm not tested every ship, just couple, maybe got bad luck?..

Years ago i found some working trackers with old versions of WoWS (but not very old ones), make ships lists from them, but didn't keep most of them, because they have the same ships.

List is here, updated with current version.

Also i found wows_30.84772_client.zip (exe version 0.3.0.19236) somewhere, but it doesn't contain any ships (whole folder is missing), but have "locations" folder and GameParams.data.
Portugalotaku
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Portugalotaku »

Andrakann wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:00 am
Portugalotaku wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:15 pm Is that true about the version? A friend of mine had an extracted version of 0.6.4.1 that had the models functioning properly on import.
Hm.. I'm not tested every ship, just couple, maybe got bad luck?..

Years ago i found some working trackers with old versions of WoWS (but not very old ones), make ships lists from them, but didn't keep most of them, because they have the same ships.

List is here, updated with current version.

Also i found wows_30.84772_client.zip (exe version 0.3.0.19236) somewhere, but it doesn't contain any ships (whole folder is missing), but have "locations" folder and GameParams.data.
Thanks for the list and might I ask where you found those trackers? I am looking for a copy of 0.6.4.1 myself, as the one I got from my friend consisted only of Japanese ships and he has since lost the full client.
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

Portugalotaku wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 pmThanks for the list and might I ask where you found those trackers? I am looking for a copy of 0.6.4.1 myself, as the one I got from my friend consisted only of Japanese ships and he has since lost the full client.
Trackers (rutor mirrors) can be found today too, with lots of game versions, but have no seeds...