Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by lionheartuk »

Awesome update.

As it stands right now, is your tool capable of importing the terrain into Unity even without textures?
Not exporting is fine for me, I'm more interested in taking the terrains elsewhere as obj files honestly.
youarebritish
n00b

Post by youarebritish »

Unfortunately not. I'm very close on the terrain format but there are a couple small things I haven't figured out yet. I've put it down for a while in the hopes of having some fresh perspective when I return to it, and am working on other features of FoxKit at the moment.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Making an update on Fmdl Studio v2 progress. We have successfully gotten custom and modified models into MGSV!

https://i.imgur.com/9Bt4epT.jpg
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/im ... 958256.png

In the image with Quiet, materials weren't properly set up; so textures with alpha look weird. I recently implemented an improved material system though; so it should be possible to fix that now.

The tool is in a nearly ready state now. We're still looking into bones a bit though. I figured out that the bones must be in alphabetical name order to work correctly; but we don't know exactly why yet. You can remove helper bones and the model will still work correctly; but if a helper bone is in the wrong position, it tends to mess up the model's rig in-game.

https://github.com/BobDoleOwndU/FMDL-Studio-v2

Edit: An official beta release of the tool is now available.
Last edited by BobDoleOwndU on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youarebritish
n00b

Post by youarebritish »

FoxLib 1.1.0 has been released, which now supports reading and writing frt (AI route) files.

https://github.com/youarebritish/FoxLib

Example code can be found here:

https://github.com/youarebritish/FoxLibExamples
slayer983
n00b

Post by slayer983 »

We need to edit .fnt file.
atvaark's FoxEngine.TranslationTool is good but missing... .ffnt font files are done, .ftexs files are done, but there isn't any tool for these files. Please fix this, we must edit to iDroid font, and maybe others too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jcba50gix ... tfiles.rar
[C]oopeZz
ultra-n00b

Post by [C]oopeZz »

Hello,

I read guide aboutinjecting .wem files to the .bnk but I don't understand one think. I managed to swap Sortie music (my test) with my own music. What I want is to modify .bnk. I want (another test, swap one file and then Im able to swap what I want) to modify File0714.wem (sound when choose gun in-game). Last step, editing with HexEditor...Last step is to modify sectors, I noticed, my files have data string at 56-59. Sadly, MGS original .wem have data string at 38-3B an then I'm not able to overwrite sectors from guide, it's missing. Also, the JUNK string is there and data string come earlier because of this. When I try to replace anything, I go "spooky" sound or no sound. Someone know what to do? If someone modify file I want and send it back, I learn A LOT from it.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am Quiet... I am... The absence of words.
CreaseInTime
n00b

Post by CreaseInTime »

What tools work consistently on Ground Zeroes? As it stands right now I've tried just about every version of FPK/QAR/whatever tools I can find on the FPKs from GZS, but nothing seems to work. If anyone has any working tools for it, would they mind sending them my way?
BPSxX
ultra-n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

Post by BPSxX »

Has anyone ever been able to extract cutscene dialogue or find their location in the game's files? I've only been able to find some background noises and optional dialogue audio (like Code Talker's singing from the birthday event, but I can't find Kaz/Ocelot/soldiers' singing track).
camaross7
ultra-n00b

Post by camaross7 »

hello dude im newbie in modding mgsv plz a little help

i want to get those throat slit animation from metalgear online to swap with regular chest stabbing in tpp i follow this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkqMLUF5-oQ&t=116s and almost done but little problem that what the .gani code which one that do throat slit animation any idea plz help is that 0182-0197 code for cqc need a little explain or descrebtion man plz help
Stallone
n00b

Post by Stallone »

hi, 'hope someone can help me here: I listened to the thousands of audio sounds for the game, but I can't find the ONE I was looking for, the Bionic Arm sound effect (when hitting / running - comes from Million Dollar Man) please help me find it!!

Thanks
caplagrobin
ultra-n00b

Post by caplagrobin »

Stallone wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:34 pm hi, 'hope someone can help me here: I listened to the thousands of audio sounds for the game, but I can't find the ONE I was looking for, the Bionic Arm sound effect (when hitting / running - comes from Million Dollar Man) please help me find it!!

Thanks
Here it is, it's 29560edc.wem in common_bank_01.sbp, if you extract it with SecaProject's SBP_Tool.
Stallone
n00b

Post by Stallone »

caplagrobin wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:56 am
Stallone wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:34 pm hi, 'hope someone can help me here: I listened to the thousands of audio sounds for the game, but I can't find the ONE I was looking for, the Bionic Arm sound effect (when hitting / running - comes from Million Dollar Man) please help me find it!!

Thanks
Here it is, it's 29560edc.wem in common_bank_01.sbp, if you extract it with SecaProject's SBP_Tool.
You made my day Sir!

With your explanation, I'll try to find it to learn more about extracting, awesome, thanks!!
darkside970
ultra-n00b

Post by darkside970 »

Hello, I'm new at this.
but I would like to know what file is to unlock all metal gear items online? since some are impossible to obtain and some users achieved this but there is not much information on how they do it
here an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l18y3WR ... dex=4&t=0s
GHzGangster
n00b

Post by GHzGangster »

darkside970 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:40 pm Hello, I'm new at this.
but I would like to know what file is to unlock all metal gear items online? since some are impossible to obtain and some users achieved this but there is not much information on how they do it
here an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l18y3WR ... dex=4&t=0s
He's a friend. He used my proxy server for PC which does stuff like unlock all items, dlc maps, etc. I haven't touched it in forever and it probably doesn't work right now. Can't share while the game is still online, sorry.
szczuru
ultra-n00b

Post by szczuru »

Hi does anyone managed to convert PS3 ftex font files to dds and vice versa? It seems that they are encrypted somehow. Random other ftex from PS3 version have bigendian header:

but fonts located at:
\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\data\qar\texture.qar\Assets\tpp\ui\Font

are garbarage in hex:

I've tried to process them via MGSVResDec tool but it seems it's something else. Ftextool with BigEndian support throws out 1kb dds file as output.