Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
AkenStyle
n00b

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by AkenStyle »

Ferouc wrote:In short, information.
In long:
The mat files contain all information for the textures.
The texture files are stored an other folder, the filepath is in the mat file.
Normaly you use the latest noesis plugin and noesis add all related texturefiles.
If all files are extracted, all works fine.

ok thanks. I want to extract the structures of the planet ord mantell, houses, fort garnik spaceport etc.. etc.., where are these 3D models and textures?
Ferouc
beginner

Post by Ferouc »

AkenStyle wrote: ok thanks. I want to extract the structures of the planet ord mantell, houses, fort garnik spaceport etc.. etc.., where are these 3D models and textures?
I don't know. Try to locate the area.dat for ord mantell (there up to 160 possible files) and open it with an editor. Then you have all used files.
AkenStyle
n00b

Post by AkenStyle »

Ferouc wrote:
AkenStyle wrote: ok thanks. I want to extract the structures of the planet ord mantell, houses, fort garnik spaceport etc.. etc.., where are these 3D models and textures?
I don't know. Try to locate the area.dat for ord mantell (there up to 160 possible files) and open it with an editor. Then you have all used files.

ok, i have another question, in the file .dat how many meshes and textures i can find?

And you can write a format glossary? With this method we can know what a file contains, and then exclude the files they do not interest us

for example

.gr2 = 3d model
.dds = texture
.dat =
.mat = texture filepath
.jba =
.prt =
.stb =
.tex =
.acb =
.epp =
.gfx =
.fxe =
.spt =
.mph.amx =

I have found these, if there are others add them XD
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

AkenStyle wrote:
Ferouc wrote:

ok, i have another question, in the file .dat how many meshes and textures i can find?

And you can write a format glossary? With this method we can know what a file contains, and then exclude the files they do not interest us

for example

.gr2 = 3d model
.dds = texture
.dat =
.mat = texture filepath
.jba = animation data
.prt = particle
.stb = this is the dialog text maybe (it was very long ago, when I last spent time with swtor)
.tex = texture (if i remember correctly)
.acb =
.epp =
.gfx = geometry FX
.fxe = FX emitter
.spt =
.mph.amx =

I have found these, if there are others add them XD
AkenStyle
n00b

Post by AkenStyle »

Ferouc
beginner

Post by Ferouc »

New stuff.
Round about 3400 names. Clothing, weapons and vehicles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AkenStyle
n00b

Post by AkenStyle »

Ferouc wrote:New stuff.

Great Update :D

PS: do you know what is the name of the cannons that you can see in the image? And where i can find them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zuzupel
ultra-n00b

Post by Zuzupel »

Ferouc wrote:New stuff.
Ok so ive downloaded all your hash files and tried to do what the other person suggested : Dictionary-> Test full filename list.. and easyMYP finds like 100-400 new names on each but theyre not added to my hashes filename, instead there are being created 2 new files, a found one and a not found one. I tried copy-paste the new found names on my hashes filename file and now easyMYP crashes again. If i remove them it works again. I really need help to extract from this game, can someone help me and tell me why this programm crashes to new names?? Its not my downloads that are faulty because ive tried it many times! If my easy MYP is wrong then please someone send me their own software ? Thanks again.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

new "found" names are added to your hash file automatically by EasyMYP on exit. :)
Zuzupel
ultra-n00b

Post by Zuzupel »

AceWell wrote:new "found" names are added to your hash file automatically by EasyMYP on exit. :)
Thats weird because when i hit ctrl+H on my existing hashes file and pasted a random entry of the found file it didnt exist at all so i guessed that it doesnt automatically copy them, i mean it wasnt there..??
Also i did re-scan the weapons.tor and sill it extracts for me the same basic weapons, no new stuff at all? :/
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

must be something wrong with your setup, it works here, there should be a new hash file
saved when new names are found and the old hash file is renamed to "oldHashList_blabla" :]
Ferouc
beginner

Post by Ferouc »

Hi,

first. ctrl+h is for replacing, don't use the hotkey only to find something. ctrl+f is for search.

Then, if you only have 400 new files out off 4000, then you have found 3600 files on your own or you don't have the latest filelist. When you pick randomly one line you have a high chance to pick one that wasn't found.

Please perform the following steps.
open easymyp
then click Dictionary->Scan all Tors...
select the asset folder.
The process take some time. Close easymyp after the programm has finished.

Reopen easymyp and read in this file hashes_filename-Kopie.rar

close easymyp again.

now you shoul have a working hashfile.

hashes_filename.rar
This is my latest hashes_filename.txt. It should work too.

easymyp.rar
And this is my whole easymyp program.
Zuzupel
ultra-n00b

Post by Zuzupel »

Ferouc wrote:Hi,

first. ctrl+h is for replacing, don't use the hotkey only to find something. ctrl+f is for search.

Then, if you only have 400 new files out off 4000, then you have found 3600 files on your own or you don't have the latest filelist. When you pick randomly one line you have a high chance to pick one that wasn't found.

open easymyp
select the asset folder.

close easymyp again.

hashes_filename.rar

easymyp.rar

Thanks for your help, unfortunately i cant download the 2 hash files , it seems that the page youve uploaded them on converts them to some virus exe and my antivirus blocks it. It would be easier if you send them to my email address or upload them on rapidshare, or somewhere else? Thanks again ^_^
AkenStyle
n00b

Post by AkenStyle »

Ferouc wrote:Hi,

open easymyp
select the asset folder.

close easymyp again.

hashes_filename.rar

easymyp.rar

hi you can help me to find the cannons that you can see in the previous comment?