Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Fate Extella PC *.mdl format

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Kotcrab
beginner

Re: Fate Extella PC *.mdl format

Post by Kotcrab »

Took some time but I've figured it out.

Download

ssringo wrote:Speaking of, have you checked out chrrox's maxscript for Nier that I linked to earlier in the thread? He said they're nearly identical so maybe it can give you some direction.
Yeah it helped with some stuff but not everything is similar.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Thank you for the all your work Kotcrab. Ran through a couple models and everything seems to be working fine.

As an aside, Noesis did crash when I tried exporting the model AND textures at the same time but that might be because I'm on my crappy laptop atm and it can't handle that much work :roll: . Exporting the model by itself and the textures through a separate batch process worked fine.
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

What I've checked so far seems to be fine except the DLC Saber's face isn't properly rigged to her face rig. The bones are useless, since all the mesh is attached to the head bone only. Theyre still there, but they dont move any of the mesh. I don't know if shes meant to be that way or not. Her skirt armor plates also aren't attached to her bones.
Last edited by anime663 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Which DLC specifically? I assume you're talking about Nero. I know it'll sound anal but Nero, Artoria and Altera are all "Saber" (their servant class).

Anyways, I did have some issues if I converted the models directly into mesh.ascii but going fbx to mesh.ascii has produced no skeleton issues in my tests.
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

ssringo wrote:Which DLC specifically? I assume you're talking about Nero. I know it'll sound anal but Nero, Artoria and Altera are all "Saber" (their servant class).

Anyways, I did have some issues if I converted the models into mesh.ascii but going fbx to mesh.ascii has produced no skeleton issues in my tests.
Yeah sorry Im not overly familiar with the series. xD I just like some of the designs. I mean Artoria's Fate Stay DLC. The one thats anime-like.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Gave it a quick test and I had the same issues. Noesis gives the following in the debug log

Detected file type: Fate Extella
Model name: SV1560_PS4
WARNING: VXBF count > IXBF count, some data not processed
Reading 'modeling\fate\Artoria\\'...Failed.

Guessing the skeleton issue stems from there.
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

I see I see. I would normally just do a simple face swap, but from what it looks like I'm pretty sure the face from the regular model isn't the same as this DLC's face.
I hope you can fix this Kotcrab. It would be much appreciated! I'm really dumb when it comes to hex so I'm sorry I cannot be of any help.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed is that some characters have full finger bones, like 3 for every finger whereas others do not. They only have 2 bones per 2 fingers. Example Tamamo No Mae has full finger bones and Elizabeth Bathory doesn't. I don't know if that's game intentional or not I just thought it was weird that some have full and others don't so thought I'd mention it! Probably game intentional I'm assuming, depending on the characters weapon?
Kotcrab
beginner

Post by Kotcrab »

Download v1.1

This only fixes issue with loading SV1310.mdl and SV0803.mdl.
Elizabeth skeleton is slightly moved up (and maybe scaled) but that's probably easy to fix after exporting.
anime663 wrote:What I've checked so far seems to be fine except the DLC Saber's face isn't properly rigged to her face rig. The bones are useless, since all the mesh is attached to the head bone only. Theyre still there, but they dont move any of the mesh. I don't know if shes meant to be that way or not. Her skirt armor plates also aren't attached to her bones.
Well I was going to check this but I opened up the game first and her face doesn't move either. She doesn't even blink.
Don't know what's going on with skirt armor plates though. It is clearly using vertex stride of 32 which do not has bone info.
That's only related to textures. If texture is not assigned Noesis tries to load texture based on mesh name (I think). To load DLC models with textures, you can simply copy DLC files into extracted main archive.
WARNING: VXBF count > IXBF count, some data not processed
There are some meshes that has vertex data without indices. I don't know how to parse it but I don't think it's something major. It's not like any big part of model is missing. Anyway, it wouldn't cause skeleton or rig issues.
anime663 wrote:EDIT: Another thing I noticed is that some characters have full finger bones, like 3 for every finger whereas others do not. They only have 2 bones per 2 fingers. Example Tamamo No Mae has full finger bones and Elizabeth Bathory doesn't. I don't know if that's game intentional or not I just thought it was weird that some have full and others don't so thought I'd mention it! Probably game intentional I'm assuming, depending on the characters weapon?
Looks like that's intentional, there are no more bones for fingers in model file.
Kenzato
n00b

Post by Kenzato »

Yeah i imagine the finger stuff might be related to the armor or weapons.

Some weapons are more rough and only needs the fingers to bend in two locations while others need you to grip around it
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Edit: If you read this before I edited, ignore what I said. Further testing revealed that it was happening with all models (even ones I had previously messed with) and it was actually just blender acting up for some reason. Loading the models into XNALara revealed no actual issues.

Also, scaling Elizabeth's skeleton (in blender at least) to .9 lines the skeleton up with the meshes nicely.
takoyaki111
advanced

Post by takoyaki111 »

Any fix for elizabeths skeleton yet?
Shakes
ultra-n00b

Post by Shakes »

While importing the files of the UBW scenery to make a video I found that one of the model files containing the gears in the background gives a "VXBF count < IXBF count" error, and can't be previewed nor exported. Can you please take a quick look and check if it's something quick to fix?
mdl file
Kotcrab
beginner

Post by Kotcrab »

Yeah, use this version 1.1.1.
It's pretty much the same as GIM_SP_SV03_GEAR_01.mdl but the gears are all in single place.
kaiser21
n00b

Post by kaiser21 »

Hello. Can anyone help on this?

I tried to export gae bolg effect, but the exported files isn't poseable even though it has armature.
There is "VXBF count > IXBF count, some data not processed" message when I opened the .mdl file in Noesis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.