Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spider-Man: Edge of Time (PS3)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Spider-Man: Edge of Time (PS3)

Post by daemon1 »

Experimental tool. Works on workarounds. Some meshes will fail. If I'll be in a good mood, I can improve it and read buffer information from shaders. Right now I'm too lazy to do that. So here it is, with all skeletons, meshes, and textures.

Usage is simple: after using corrected BMS script on PKZ files, drag extracted file onto the tool.
If UVs will not work (like in this CEO example) - try running it with 2nd command line parameter (which can be any word), it will extract another UV pair.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rutabaga
veteran

Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time (PS3)

Post by Rutabaga »

Amazing,thanks.
i know in first post you said about that,but how i can run that "2nd command line parameter"? i'm asking this because i tried to extract model but it has no UVs and i didn't understand correctly
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

run command line or batch, with something like...

SpidermanEoT.exe some.pkz.ext 2

this "2" is 2nd parameter. It can be anything, doesn't matter what you type there, the tool will try to get 2nd UV pair.
Rutabaga
veteran

Post by Rutabaga »

Thanks a lot!
Is this a possible extract anims too?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I'm not planning this. Animations usually take too much time.
riccochet
advanced

Post by riccochet »

Any chance this tools will support Shattered Dimensions and the 2 Amazing Spider-man games? They seem to have the same pkz files, probably different encryption.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

riccochet wrote:Any chance this tools will support Shattered Dimensions and the 2 Amazing Spider-man games? They seem to have the same pkz files, probably different encryption.
what are you talking about? there is no encryption here
riccochet
advanced

Post by riccochet »

Ok maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. I tried the tool on ps3 files from the amazing Spiderman 2 game, since they also use pkz the bms didn't work. Then I tried it on ps3 shattered dimensions, the bms worked , then I ran the tool on the files and it dumped some textures, however they are not able to be viewed.
So what I meant was maybe those files were packed differently into the pkz for each different game.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

yes, these games must have different formats
Ecelon
advanced

Post by Ecelon »

Hey I 'm just wondering if anyone has the updated PKZ BMS script. I've been looking for an hour now and haven't been able to find it. The only one I've found is Chroxx's. Cheers guys.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Animations tool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBVFaR3QJCI

Usage is the same: drag extracted file onto the tool, or use command line. Just instead of mesh/textures it will export all available animations.

Note that animations need correct skeleton to work, and some skeletons will be in another package (.pkz file). For that reason, tool dumps all skeletons from PKZ to a subfolder. Once you export all skeletons from all files, all animations should be able to export. So probably you will need to process all files twice: 1st to export skeletons, 2nd to export animations.

Also note that i didnt apply any interpolation, so some animations may be shaky or look incorrect. I had no time to test that yet.

Another note is that for some weird reason, some animations point to a mesh instead of skeleton. To handle that, you need to copy skeletons with another name (corresponding to mesh hash). I found 3 most used ones:

Code: Select all

copy 2D225A8F.skel 6E503644.skel
copy 2D225A8F.skel 17CE8E22.skel
copy DD403DC2.skel 5A1C30BA.skel
These are Amazing Spiderman, 2099 Spiderman and Crusher models.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaHaNchickT
beginner

Post by PaHaNchickT »

Hello!

Did you experemented with extracted *ANIM animations from Spider-Man 3 the game? There are lot's of interesting unused animations but I can't understand how to interact with it
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

PaHaNchickT wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:22 pm Did you experemented with extracted *ANIM animations from Spider-Man 3 the game? There are lot's of interesting unused animations but I can't understand how to interact with it
these files are not animations
PaHaNchickT
beginner

Post by PaHaNchickT »

oh thanks.. I know that it's animations that were extracted from PCPACK archive (from SM3 the game) and how tool developer said
.anim is game format, you can't open them. I extract them so maybe someone will like to research them
So maybe do you have any ideas what could I do with this .anim files? Maybe it could be reexported into .fsb format?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

PaHaNchickT wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:30 pm So maybe do you have any ideas what could I do with this .anim files? Maybe it could be reexported into .fsb format?
there is nothing to do or research there. These files are NOT animations.