Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Most Wanted Games

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
trexjones
veteran

Most Wanted Games

Post by trexjones »

Okay, before we start this, I want to be clear that this is not a "discussion" topic. I don't particularly want to see people arguing or anything else like that. Post links, sure, and a brief reason why if you feel, but this is more of a tally of interest. Preferably games that are possible to get models from (ie: don't list Xbone or PS4 games until we know those things are widely accessible without having hacked consoles). Some may already have tools, some may have incomplete tools. This is more of a wishlist post. The games you are most interested in wanting models from that work the way they're meant to.

My list:

1. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -- scripts exist to extract the models and to create static model imports for 3DS MAX, but most don't work properly. It would be good to see a proper tool that allows for proper model extraction without distortion of models.
2. Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD
3. God of War 3
4. Dante's Inferno
5. Uncharted series
6. Dying Light
7. Mad Max -- I know there was a script for Blender 2.49, but models come out with shrunken parts and pieces wrong if they work.
8. Hitman 6 - See below.
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -- I know Volfin had tools to extract models, but I think that was as far as it went.
10. Assassin's Creed: Black Flag -- I know there are scripts out there, but they're never made available, and need Archive_Next to work in conjunction with those.
11. Alien: Isolation -- Volfin and CRA0 did a great job with how far they got with their tools and scripts in this game, but understandably moved on to other things. There are still a lot of great models that can't be pulled from this game, particularly larger sized ones (they make blender crash). It would be great to see that tool completed, or something like it.
12. Ghostbusters -- daemon1 did a great job with the skeletal models, but there are so many fantastic static models for props in this game (the car!! the equipment in the lab!!)
13. Spider-Man: Edge of Time
14. Robinson: The Journey -- AMAZING dinosaur models! ;D

Again, let's just try and keep it to lists if we can. Certainly repeat ones you see if they are on your list too! :)
SickAlice
advanced

Re: Most Wanted Games

Post by SickAlice »

Nice idea. Top of my head:

- Various Ninja Turtle ones. I'm on a mission to try and collect the assets from all the games related to the franchise. A few I have access to anything but some none at all:
* Danger Of The Ooze: While there is a script to decompress it's archives there's nothing to handle it's models. An awesome person at Zenhax did provide me with a script for the textures. The game runs on EngineBlack and is by Wayforward. The models are in structured files alongside their bones and animations and have the simple extension .model.
* Konami Y2k/FoxKids based games (Ninja Turtles "2003", Battle Nexus, Mutant Nightmare and Mutant Melee). While Konami specific extraction programs exist (mainly for DATS) they do not work with any of these games. The files can completely extracted via Game Extractor. Past this it's hard to say what is what. Files have extension variations of .lpac (.lpac, .lpa, .lp, .l). In a text editor however all read LPAC. Else these game can be captured but not in T-Pose.
* Ninja Turtles In Time Re-Shelled. I know your familiar with this problem. I get the second most requests for these models. Everything is jammed in a .bf file. This can be extracted with more than one bms scripts, however noting that the output is different depending which one is used. The files after the fact appear to be .mdl, however it's notable that the size is perhaps too small to be a 3d model. After the named files there are tons of numbered dats though that are much larger in size and might contain the geometry.
* TMNT Legends: The most requests I get are for this. I've dedicated a lot of time to working this out. The player models sans one of them to date are made available online by a cool ripper via an emulator and ninja ripper. However NPC's come out in static poses rather than T-poses. Also of course the animations aren't had in this manner which sucks because this games animations are fantastic. The native files are .dsb and .dhr. According to the formats creator the former is where the model would be. These can be extracted with the Jurrasic World bms script. Like JW a few PVR textures are spit out, a couple .vap files, an .sbd file and a ton of .dats. Almost all are very small maxing out at 4kb.
* All Nick.com TMNT games. Nick's site hosts a few Turtles games with nice rare 3d models. Should be straightforward however instead of Flash games these are Java. Worse they are not on the games page nor embedded in it rather located somewhere else online and linked to within another active Java container. Screen capture crashes on these or at least has for me.
-
Else:
- Completed Gamebryo BDAE extraction. Many of these can be extracted but not 100% so. Many of the models come out shattered and the animations cannot be retained in most cases. A program called Ultimate Unwrap Pro 3d can fully import these though via 3rd party plugins on their site though the program costs a pretty penny and without purchase can't export any model types nor save. But that does mean the full and proper code for this format is available for anyone with the ambition to recompile it.

- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Steam Edition. Not really on my list persay but the desire overall to be able to work with these models in their native format as VERY desired by the gaming and modding community.

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Battle Pentagram for Playstation Vita. Easy to say this my most desired as I have a request to make mods for my friends young daughters and that takes priority for me. With help from some brilliant people at these sites the archives have been extracted. That however left me with a form of .mdl that nothing seems to be able to open coupled with animation files (.anm) and textures (.gxt).

- Transformers 2003 for PS2. My personal most desired here, a Japan only game by Takara. The models are carbon copies of the G1 bots as well there animations feature full and correct transformations. Contains .bin files though I haven't an idea of what sort nor what to extract them with.
luxox18
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by luxox18 »

all I know is that is possible extract models from Dying Light using ninja ripper but there are lot of garbage meshes ripped also, which overload the game when is captured.

about God of War 3. Is other game that uses Edge compression in meshes (indices specifically). sincerely is not difficult to extract using noesis and other tools, all manually but is tedious. I think that is better wait for ps4 version that surely doesn't uses edge compression.

Uncharted series. Same as GOW 3. A tool is well recived obviously, but ps4 version can make everything more easy and faster :D

Dante's Inferno Models formats are not difficult, are similar to Dead Space formats, with the only difference that the UVs are not in a separated file

Currently I have my own list too, but is little after all :)

Silent Hill PSX. Is a old game but I want a lot the maps and characters/monsters

Return to Castle Wolfenstein Tides of War. Is the xbox version of the classic pc game from 2001. there is a expansion that was not released on pc so, it would be interesant to extract maps and some different models that could be ported to the pc version, extending the life of that game a bit more.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

My personal list now includes Uncharted 2/3 and Dying Light.
These are next games I'm going to make tools for.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

Nice topic idea.

For me its largely things that tools already exist for.

Existing tools but not having support for:

Sen no Kiseki II - Sen I is supported by Daemons toolset, but Sen II isn't so far sadly
Tokyo Xanadu - Same as above.

Final Fantasy IX - World map, completed with UV's and textures. The World Map for this game is the only thing left unsupported in any viewer anywhere.
Somebody did make a viewer, but it can't be ripped from as its using DX5 so its super old.

Lost Oddysey - I'd love to see the world map from this game too, along with the stage and character models, but none of these are supported in Gildors Viewer, or anyone elses tools, at this point in time.

Metal Gear Solid V - The tools for this game are amazing, almost everythings fully unlocked, but as of yet there aren't any tools for changing the stages terrain, the format seems to be understood for the heightmap and what materials it assigns.

Things nobody has touched yet:

Ys Lacrimosa of Dana - I'd love to get a look at this games stages, but its all inside a giant file and so far nobody's taken a look of it so far as I can find.

Breath of Fire IV
- Nothing from this game is currently supported, it'd be great to go in and get the sprites, or for me I'm interested in making HD versions of some of the areas.
artworkplay
veteran

Post by artworkplay »

I'd chime in Lord of the Rings Conquest. From what I was told the format was messy way back then. Sadly this never got off the ground kind of a shame since Peter Jackson's WETA had provided the developers with the movie's model assets for references (which, I even provided game file samples years ago not even sure if it was looked into).
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

I forgot to add the following

Ni no Kuni - The games textures are extractable and convertable to DDS, but no meshes, or animations, nor the world map (I'm pretty interested in the world map and the environments personally)

The thread with the original tools is here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12758

I imagine with that, it'd be one of the last PS3 exclusives that hasn't been hacked, other than maybe 3D Dot Game Heroes perhaps.
andree
veteran

Post by andree »

Tales of Zestiria, Berseria, Xilla, and Xilla 2; There hasn't been a lot of rips for while, heck! I'm waiting for a tutorial how to rip the models from tales easily.
Rutabaga
veteran

Post by Rutabaga »

Here are my most wanted games (i'm fan of Marvel/DC comics games,so excuse me for such poor and straightforward list,lol)

1)Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Wii & Xbox 360)
There are no script/tool to extract textures/models/anims from .Igb files

2)Spider-Man 2 (Gamecube)
I made a post regarding .pak file extract,but no one answered in that topic so far..
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16492

3)Teen Titans (PS2)
I posted request to extract some contents of .ps2 still no answers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16520

4)Amazing Spider-Man/Amazing Spider-Man 2
Only decompressor exists,it works on both games,but it only decompresses the data,i'm not sure if it extracts the contents of .pkz files
viewtopic.php?p=79746#p79746

5)Spider-Man Web of Shadows (PC)
Currently has only script for splitting PcPack files,daemon tool can extract .36 files but extracted meshes are requires fix
viewtopic.php?p=130786#p130786
zimex25
veteran

Post by zimex25 »

- Project Gotham Racing 2
- Asphalt 8
- Need For Speed No Limits
killercracker
advanced

Post by killercracker »

I have here a maxscript for Dante's Inferno if anybody wants it.