Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars Battlefront II Closed Alpha

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Star Wars Battlefront II Closed Alpha

Post by JakeGreen »

So i got into the closed alpha earlier and ever since i got it downloaded i haven't been able to get any of the python scripts to extract anything but the folders and i've tried both the SWBF and battlefield 1 scripts and that's about all i get.

The whole game is 7.25 gigs and the cat/cas files are almost all of that with 6.97gb but if anyone needs anything to modify the python scripts just let me know and i can provide what you need to get it working.
DarthPyro52
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Closed Alpha

Post by DarthPyro52 »

Any way you could post the entire thing? I wanted to try a few things with the .cas files and see what formats there are. I also would like to try something with the .exe file and see if I can modify any of my pre-existing scripts.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

I can pm it to you i don't think it's allowed to post games like that, but i also found a program called FrostyToolSuite and works with the first game fully and is pretty awesome because it works a lot like the tool i posted up during the closed alpha of the first game.

You can find it here with the source https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToolSuite/wiki
DarthPyro52
ultra-n00b

Post by DarthPyro52 »

JakeGreen wrote:I can pm it to you i don't think it's allowed to post games like that, but i also found a program called FrostyToolSuite and works with the first game fully and is pretty awesome because it works a lot like the tool i posted up during the closed alpha of the first game.

You can find it here with the source https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToolSuite/wiki
That's one of the programs I wanted to try. Were you able to get it to work?
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

DarthPyro52 wrote:
JakeGreen wrote:I can pm it to you i don't think it's allowed to post games like that, but i also found a program called FrostyToolSuite and works with the first game fully and is pretty awesome because it works a lot like the tool i posted up during the closed alpha of the first game.

It errors as soon as i select it and it says Attempting to load game with no stored profile and i click ok and the program just exits unlike with Battlefront 2015 it loads it all just fine.
DarthPyro52
ultra-n00b

Post by DarthPyro52 »

JakeGreen wrote:
DarthPyro52 wrote:

It errors as soon as i select it and it says Attempting to load game with no stored profile and i click ok and the program just exits unlike with Battlefront 2015 it loads it all just fine.
Huh. I'll try it out anyway, but I doubt it will work for me if it doesn't work for you.