Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Shutokou Battle Online .mmdl [Model] .MIA [textures]

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
REDZOEU
veteran

Shutokou Battle Online .mmdl [Model] .MIA [textures]

Post by REDZOEU »

I've recently got informed by some online friends that "His friend" was converting Shutokou from this game to GTA San Andreas. But he did not provide me with enough information on how he got the map. More than that, he goes off-topic talking that his friend used 3DRipperDX on PSP on Tokyo Xtreme Racer. Tokyo Xtreme Racer never existed on PSP and 3DRipperDX is FOR PC.

Or just ignore all that above this text. I have a request...
Shutokou Battle Online. Last Active was 2003. Servers of this game was shut down years ago, but downloading the game is still possible (70 MB only) at http://www.4gamer.net/store/demo/sbol101b1.exe .
All model files (CARS, COURSE, etc) uses .mmdl format. Also textures (CARS, COURSE, etc) uses .MIA format.
I don't know if these files uses that kind of zlib thingy or not, since i myself is not a Hex Editor. But all i can do is provide examples and give request. I know that this is just stupid, but i'm not asking this like how a noob did. I just posted my request, so yea.

Here are the example files (If anyone is interested in looking on these files to be able to be imported on programs like 3DSMax or ZModeler 2)

EXAMPLE FILES : * snip *
NOTE : .mmdl = Model | .MIA = Texture | .DPP = This could be useful to identify the course files. MAYBE (This file is included inside COURSE folder of the game)

If anyone suceed on extracting the datas on the files to be loaded in some familiar 3D Modelling Programs, it would be much appreciated for a lot of modding community.
(I just hope that this topic wont be ignored like my previous topics)
Last edited by Mr.Mouse on Fri May 25, 2012 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rules violation
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Shutokou Battle Online .mmdl [Model] .MIA [textures]

Post by finale00 »

Models are not difficult, but I don't know the texture format.
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

Sorry for the late reply. So do you manage to extract 3d model datas out of the .mmdl files?
If i understand a lot of those coding, i might be able to figure out how to extract texture datas out of those .MIA files.
Well, thanks for the reply. :\
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Sort of.
But without the textures they're kind of useless (I mean, these seem to be pretty much generic models of cars).
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

That's right. Without someone who's good with those texture codes, guess it seems it's impossible for this project to finish. Even though we can grab models, no texture means that it needs further editing to make it's own texture, and THAT is going to take a while (Or even UV-Map it with some other games texture which is actually in-accurate).
For now, this had to wait... :\
RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak »

Looking forward this. Once there's way to get the models, textures are simply the easiest thing, because I have ripped tons of them from the PS2 version of the game and UV mapping those models is easy. Because - these models are ported models from the PS2 versions.
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

Does that mean there is a huge possibility of ripping the models from PS2 version like from Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero or 3? I have no idea if they used the same format... Same goes to the DRIFT and DRIFT 2 version...
RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak »

If only model format gets loaded, then yes. We're talking about hundreds of car models in fairly good quality then (range of GT3 - GT4), if just someone does that :)

They seem to care about DOA, Final Fantasy and some fighting game models more than these masterpiece models done by Genki... what a waste :(
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

True... They mostly convert it for games like Skyrim or SA's peds. Only few mods racing games like Need For Speed or SA. Well, another wait then... :\
Argonaut
beginner

Post by Argonaut »

I've decided to bump this instead of creating a new topic about the same game.. pretty much I've got the same request as the author and he provides everything I would provide. Thanks.
Moving Shadow- World Domination!
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

Bump. Sorry for this.
Countless posts i made, asking for help. None is successful. Now here i am asking for help for this game. Now i want map models instead of car models ._.
Someone? Willing to help this noob (me) to extract map models out of this game?
QOTSANINSOADKORN
ultra-n00b

Post by QOTSANINSOADKORN »

REDZOEU wrote:Bump. Sorry for this.
Countless posts i made, asking for help. None is successful. Now here i am asking for help for this game. Now i want map models instead of car models ._.
Someone? Willing to help this noob (me) to extract map models out of this game?
Keen to help if i can somehow :)

You Mentioned MMDL Files for the 3d Models ?

"The MMDL file extension is associated with the SAPPHIRE Structure a structural modeling, editing tool for Microsoft Windows operating system. The *.mmdl file stores model created and used by SAPPHIRE Structure app."

http://www.mitek-us.com/software/SAPPHIRE-Structure/

Downloading "SAPPHIRE Viewer" just in case it's that easy LOL... wish me luck
tofuman
ultra-n00b

Post by tofuman »

Sorry to bump an old post but this thread comes up first when researching this format so thought it would be the best place to put it. I'm working on a private server code for SBOL and although the textures and models were low priority the format was quite simple so thought I'd make a utility to edit and export them. The format essentially stores ARGB pixel data compressed in RLE.

I've uploaded the source to github of a working MIA texture file manager. https://github.com/tofuman0/MIA-Manager
I'm not great with 3D model formats but will take a look to see if I can work out the format at least.

I'm not sure if this format is used in any other games.

(BTW the SBOL code on my github is extremely old so don't bother using it. I plan to upload the latest once I have NPC's and other player packets working)
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

I'm looking forward to that private server for SBOL. Would be nice if we can play the game again.