Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (PC)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Just4TheModels
ultra-n00b

Re: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (PC)

Post by Just4TheModels »

Sorry I'm a bit of an idiot..
I been trying to figure this all out for a while and managed to extract .DAT & .TMD using
QuickBMS& TamsoftSKEV_CAT then QuickBMS& Tamsoft_GXT on the .DAT but it always says;

'Error: Incomplete input file 0: C:\Users\Just4TheModels\Desktop\NewFolder\pl28_00_L_0\pl28_00_L_0_0.dat
Can't read 4 bytes from offset 0000000c.
Anyway don't worry, it's possible that the BMS script has been written to exit in this way if it's reached the end of the archive so check it or contact its author or verify all the files have been extracted.
Please check the following coverage information to know if it's ok.
Coverage file 0 100% 12 12 .offset 0000000c

Last script line before the error or that produced the error: 9 get FILESIZE long:

And theres nothing there; I've absolutely no idea on what to do
Please help if possible, thanks for reading
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

I'm not on my home PC and haven't messed with these models in a while but I'll try to help. I'm assuming you're doing all this with the Estival Versus models and not the outdated Shinovi Versus models.

First of all, from the error you gave, you seem to be using the low quality models/textures. You should be using the models that have "H" instead of "L" in the filenames. I only messed with the "H" models and had no issues so there could be problems using the "L" models.

Next, make sure you are using the latest (or at least a fairly recent version of) quickbms and the scripts linked earlier in the thread.

Okay, if those aren't the problem lets make sure you're extracting properly. After extracting the initial .cat file you get more .cat files (and so on) until you're in a folder looking at a .TMD and .DAT file right? That .DAT file isn't the textures for the model. The .dat files with textures are extracted into separate folders from the model (but from the same initial .cat file). Run the gtx script on THOSE .dat files for textures.

If this doesn't help you can upload whatever model it is that you're working with and I'll try to help figure out the issue.
Just4TheModels
ultra-n00b

Post by Just4TheModels »

ssringo wrote:I'm not on my home PC and haven't messed with these models in a while but I'll try to help. I'm assuming you're doing all this with the Estival Versus models and not the outdated Shinovi Versus models.

First of all, from the error you gave, you seem to be using the low quality models/textures. You should be using the models that have "H" instead of "L" in the filenames. I only messed with the "H" models and had no issues so there could be problems using the "L" models.

Next, make sure you are using the latest (or at least a fairly recent version of) quickbms and the scripts linked earlier in the thread.

Okay, if those aren't the problem lets make sure you're extracting properly. After extracting the initial .cat file you get more .cat files (and so on) until you're in a folder looking at a .TMD and .DAT file right? That .DAT file isn't the textures for the model. The .dat files with textures are extracted into separate folders from the model (but from the same initial .cat file). Run the gtx script on THOSE .dat files for textures.

If this doesn't help you can upload whatever model it is that you're working with and I'll try to help figure out the issue.
Thank you so much for the fast and helpful response; it is greatly appreciated!
You're right; I'm attempting to extract from Estival Versus & I tried to use the H models (and again just now) and extracted them all until I ended up with only TMD & DAT + DAT&DAT in every other folder ( I tried to extract DAT into a new folder incase it was a naming issue but still didn't work : ( )

The versions I am using are: BMS0.8, TamsoftGXT from the previous page, SKEV_CAT & TPK from Randomtalkingbush's list of scripts (ty for all the models and scripts btw! absolutely love what you've done)

I also just tried to extract all the .DAT at once (was individual and then in 2s at first) but now it says 'impossible to write 0xfffffff0 bytes (total 0xfffffff0) check your disk space (i've 100gb) Last script line before the error or that produced the error 29 log name fileoffset fileend' and leaves me with 1 0byte DDS file 00_00_H_0_0

Thanks again for your wonderful help!

--

Oh wait, i think its working now; I extracted the .DAT with bigger file sizes and got some textures
Lotus06
ultra-n00b

Post by Lotus06 »

RandomTBush wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:33 am Might as well mention that I've updated the script now.
https://mega.nz/#!ulpnmaJS!ffrdVu0T81lK ... 8Ac8hYL6FM

Code: Select all

Added support for Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (both Vita and PC versions).
Changed bone numbers to bone checksums instead.
Added a ton of replacement bone names to replace the checksums, don't expect hair bones (especially SK's) to be named correctly.
Optimized polygon group importing a bit so things will load a bit faster.
Fixed rigging being broken in one way or another for newer 3DS Max versions.
(EDIT: Here's mikulover39's QuickBMS scripts for the .CAT archives in Estival Versus, hope it's alright that I'm sharing them here.)

(EDIT 2: Updated the script again.)

Code: Select all

Fixed models with over 65535 vertex points not importing.
Fixed models with three UV mapping layers not importing correctly.
Hello sorry for necro posting but I’d appreciate your help
We’re currently trying to access the .tpk files for Senran Kagura Estival Versus for PS4 but all the .tpks are compressed. we don’t know what compression was used on it. We cannot edit anything until the tpk files are decompressed. Can you please identify what compression was used and how to decompress it? This is just a portion of the .tpk files for examination. Thank you so much

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TL4Vwv ... p=drivesdk