Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

watch dogs 2 .dat .fat archive?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
CobraGamer
advanced

Re: watch dogs 2 .dat .fat archive?

Post by CobraGamer »

Xecutioner wrote:Please i need help to convert dds to xbt properly because in the game i get blanked texture wtf ?

i fixed it!
There you go.
Xecutioner
beginner

Post by Xecutioner »

CobraGamer wrote:
Xecutioner wrote:Please i need help to convert dds to xbt properly because in the game i get blanked texture wtf ?

i fixed it!
There you go.
Yep thanks but is strange,

My first texture working perfectly but others i try to make, i got blanked texture, and off course i do the same thing i do firstly
There you go.[/quote]

Very strange :scaredy:
Xecutioner
beginner

Post by Xecutioner »

Ok I noticed all major signs around the city are .hkx files so is impossible to edit them

so bad :[
Lizzierawr
ultra-n00b

Post by Lizzierawr »

Does the PC version of the game have textures for the CtOS and Bitflip outfits (PS4 Exclusive so far) ?
griffin02
ultra-n00b

Post by griffin02 »

CobraGamer wrote:
griffin02 wrote:Here's the list, it's a double vector, so vector element contains the name and hash, however some of the names are mangled and I didn't bother to fix them but it's still pretty straight forward
Excuse the formatting(And I didn't see a spoiler tag to hide this)
This is like chinese to me. Could you (or someone else) explain how to get the archetype's name out of {5ec60cec-c076-4fcd-86d7-a853faf5851f}?
Saw your visitor thread on UC... I haven't released my work yet, kinda got side-tracked...
That being said I never actually figured out how to they calculated the archtypes.

If you dump the game files you'll find a file "generated\databases\generic\vehiclespawninfo.lib".. If you open it in a hex editor, it has the vehicle names and their archtypes.. I just made a program to read the file and pull the data in a certain format.

ex
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

Thanks for the answer! I thought there was a connection between the archetype IDs and the name (if you extract the vehiclespawninfo.lib and open a vehicle's file, you get the ID as well as the archetype's name).
maury121
ultra-n00b

Post by maury121 »

Hi guys, i want to extract some bik videos, textures and models from the dlc2 folder, is there an updated file list for that folder?
Xecutioner
beginner

Post by Xecutioner »

Update: Finally i found all i need to found!

But i have a problem, i dnt know how Ubisoft make this game but is no like Watch dogs 1.

I edited this billboards "billboard_plainstock_01_c_high" "billboard_plainstock_01_c_med" and i converted with HxD editor etc. Good!

But Now in game i still get vanilla plainstock billboard with strange blurring effect, no mine i edited

Why ? i'm confused with modding of this game !! :[
redcomet
advanced

Post by redcomet »

okay,the latest dlc included 3 special outfits,which comes with 3 new emotions respectively.eg:police outfit can stop people,paramedic can wake ppl up .etc

so i wonder could i use those new emotions even though i don't own the dlc
i checked the items.lib,those 3 new emotion files are exsiting even i don't have the dlc.
i added the item value of the 3 new emotions from items.lib into the Emotes.PlayerEmotes.xml at iteminventorylists.lib,but it doesn't do anything,the emo list remain the same.
i replaced the exsiting emo to the new emo at the list,still nothing has changed.

for your information if you interested in the new emo.
Taner038
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Taner038 »

Txt files can be reached with this?
BrownRecluse
ultra-n00b

Post by BrownRecluse »

CobraGamer wrote:Here is how to change the body of the character:
Open the file for Marcus in graphickit_models.lib (something with avatar). The D935FAD9 field is the file ID of the graphickit_parts.lib files. Copy the value and search for that in the graphickit_parts XMLs. The result's file name shows what part it is (head, arms, torso, ...). Now open the coop character file in graphickit_models.lib with which you want to replace Marcus' body with, search the values again and copy the head and body and replace the original ones with them.
Et voila, now you only have to repack it and have some fun.

Btw you can also delete the entries of the earbuds, glasses and backpack in the models files if you want to.
I tried this and nothing changed in my game. I replaced Marcus' head with Wrench's unmasked head(W2CH_PAR_pois_mul.pers01-thewrenchHeadnomask.xml ID: C3A7C99302000080) on lines 32 and 415 in W2CH_MOD_nar.ava.avatar.xml. After editing the xml I converted it to fcb using
the Gibbed tools and renamed it to .lib and copied it into the extracted patch and then repacked the patch using WD2Pack and copied both patch files into my game directory. Did I do anything wrong? Did I edit the wrong xml file?
crossedfayt
ultra-n00b

Post by crossedfayt »

BrownRecluse wrote:
CobraGamer wrote:Here is how to change the body of the character:
Open the file for Marcus in graphickit_models.lib (something with avatar). The D935FAD9 field is the file ID of the graphickit_parts.lib files. Copy the value and search for that in the graphickit_parts XMLs. The result's file name shows what part it is (head, arms, torso, ...). Now open the coop character file in graphickit_models.lib with which you want to replace Marcus' body with, search the values again and copy the head and body and replace the original ones with them.
Et voila, now you only have to repack it and have some fun.

Btw you can also delete the entries of the earbuds, glasses and backpack in the models files if you want to.
I tried this and nothing changed in my game. I replaced Marcus' head with Wrench's unmasked head(W2CH_PAR_pois_mul.pers01-thewrenchHeadnomask.xml ID: C3A7C99302000080) on lines 32 and 415 in W2CH_MOD_nar.ava.avatar.xml. After editing the xml I converted it to fcb using
the Gibbed tools and renamed it to .lib and copied it into the extracted patch and then repacked the patch using WD2Pack and copied both patch files into my game directory. Did I do anything wrong? Did I edit the wrong xml file?
Have you had any luck making it work? I tried but failed. Also I cannot install that Aiden mod. It loads up fine till main menu. I can move my mouse and the video is working in the background but I am unable to do anything.
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

That's because the patch files of the mod are from a older game version.
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

how do you remove the backpack and sunglasses?
defult06
ultra-n00b

Post by defult06 »

Is there any tutorial video available to this? really ı want to open language file but ı still dont understand that stuff. I unpack path file and a lot of files have been created(like 0xBAFB0E1AED0F0B3E-0xBAFBD08BD77E6A7A) I don't know what ı need to do now ? Please ı want to video.