Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - lp.wad [x360]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
janglesworthy
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - lp.wad [x360]

Post by janglesworthy »

hello, sorry to necro an old post but I didn't think it would be right to start a new one on the same topic. So using the tfu2 quick bms script it doesn't matter if you remove the rename the files from .wad to .lp. Quickbms and the script will extract the dlc content either way. Just not the anything past what has already been discussed.

here is a few screen shots in hexedit of the different sections in the files with gto/dds files. Anyone ever get around to expanding the script to extract those files?

I know it's been a few years since this has been discussed, but some people still have hopes of converting the dlc to playable pc content and I really want to figure this out. Any ideas?
janglesworthy
ultra-n00b

Post by janglesworthy »

here is a sample .lp with the quickbms script that only extracts the first section of the file if anyone wants to take a look at it. I guess it just needs to keep searching through the file to continue extracting the next sections? the .lp.wad doesn't matter, quickbms still opens and extracts the first part regardless if its .lp or .lp.wad
http://rapidshare.com/share/66252A07249 ... 43D6E4642D
sorry, update the url, first one was to an empty directory.

Quick edit, found some files in the dlc that might help...not sure. I've updated the sample file to include these files along with the partial quickbms script.

this was in a file called list
Packinfo 0x00000003 0x00000002
TFU2_CP1.gameinfo.xml gameinfo 0xFFFFFFFF v1
playerbloodarmour.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerShadow.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerAckbar.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerLando.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerProtector.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerDagobahLuke.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerDarthMalak.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerObiwanCW.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerHanSolo.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerhoth.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
TFU2_CP1.pm.ui.assetset.xml pausemenuassets 0xFFFFFFFF v0
TFU2_CP1_Text.utf8 offerdata 0xFFFFFFFF v0

this was in list(1)
playermaulkiller.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
silver.sabercrystal.dlc.xml sabercrystal 0xFFFFFFFF v0
TFU2_GME.pm.ui.assetset.xml pausemenuassets 0xFFFFFFFF v0

this was in list(0)
Endor.gameinfo.xml gameinfo 0xFFFFFFFF v2
Endor1 level 0xFFFFFFFF v0
Endor2 level 0xFFFFFFFF v0
Endor.mm.ui.assetset.xml mainmenuassets 0xFFFFFFFF v0
Endor.pm.ui.assetset.xml pausemenuassets 0xFFFFFFFF v0
FMV/ENDOR_LOAD fmv 0xFFFFFFFF v0
EndorText.utf8 offerdata 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playersithsk.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerrebelgre.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerrebelsni.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
playerrebelgue.actor.xml costume 0xFFFFFFFF v0
dragbody
veteran

Post by dragbody »

I'm also sorry to bump an old post, but I know there have been a lot of improvements in the talents of people around here since the TFU2 dlc was released. Could these files be extracted from the PS3 files, for example? Or is anyone willing to take another crack at the DLC wads?

Keeping my fingers crossed...
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

Why does no one care to at least look at this and see what they can do?
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

work in progress bms script to try and get everything split from the wad file in the lwad table :D
i also added the apak unpack stuff that we already had even though the apak is one of the files extracted with the lwad table.
SW_TFU2_X360_DLC_wad.zip
the lpmd file has some names in it, just need to figure out how to link it all together :?

looks like there is some mixed info in this thread too and it is spreading to other sites like a bad cold. (:
the normal TFU2 X360 *.wad files might be compressed, but the TFU2 X360 DLC *.wad files are not.
the TFU2 X360 files are likely not identical to the PC version and will not work with existing tools,
because of endianness etc so new tools might have to be made or modified from existing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

hey acewell, been digging into this one myself, and getting nowhere. I think everything hinges on figuring out the first 4 bytes after the LWAD string (you're calling it HASH in your script). It's likely that one or more of these bytes point to the lpmd string table you found.

Never mind, not all of the wads have those tables.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

OK, getting super frustrated with this. I've spent the last three days trying to figure out how to get one model, Jedi Leia, from the Endor DLC. I've tried bms, I've tried hex hacking, I've asked zaramot, apparently the only person in existence to ever figure this DLC out, for help, and nothing. Searching online has been fruitless, as the Xentax and Facepunch forums are the only places that ever come up.

People have successfully ripped models from other Xbox games. What is so different about this game that it seemingly can't be done?
cr4zyw3ld3r
ultra-n00b

Post by cr4zyw3ld3r »

Sorry to necro this.

In this forums they describe how to make the models go from GTO to useable formats, but alas this was written for the original game http://warcraft3ft.clan.su/forum/32-22909-1 you will need to use Google translate on the page since it is in Russian.

Has any more progress been made on a script to read the 360 DLC files?

I have them on my machine and been trying to open them up but get stuck on the lp.wad files and renaming them to just lp or anything else causes the tools to fail.

My guess is someone needs to find the correct offsets so extraction can happen at the very basic level.

I am no good at this stuff. I look at HEX and get googley eyed. It would be a good start, at least we could have some files out.
StrangeUsernames
ultra-n00b

Post by StrangeUsernames »

Has anyone found or made a bms script to get the lp.wad files? The script for starwarslp.bms extracts no files whatsoever. Also the entry data in the hex edit doesnt exist.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

The short answer is, no. The problem is that the model data is scattered around the files, and no one has figured out how to piece them back together. I was able to successfully pull some static meshes from the PS3 version of the files, but I don't think anyone has looked at this dlc since.