Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Frazzlee
advanced

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Frazzlee »

Doc0 wrote:http://sim-garage.co.uk/3dsimed3-download/

3DSimED seems to work now on the modelbin. Scaling and uv seems mostly O.K. But its only 20 days trial so be fast to use it :(

Don't know if there is a batch script for that, but i had to import each modelbin one by one. Don't forget to use the export plug-in to export. The fbx generated is one single mesh, easy to split with blender but seems to give problem to friends of mine using 3Dmax.

Look like there are issues of normal on some meshes too.

For blender user, import all the fbx (fbx binary is mandatory), scale x100 and rotate 180° and you have the exact same thing that H2O generated obj.

I prefer the MakeH2O way, so i will use this one for the dashboard, wipers, doors and where uv are usefull.
You can export directly in 3ds.

For anyone wanting to import to Zmod3, export as rFactor2 and import with Zmod
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

Just export to kn5 and then import to 3ds max. Seems to work fine for the part i tested, all separated and mapping okay.
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

How to import LOD1 models with 3DsimED anybody knows?
Is just LOD0 models are to high for the game I mod (World Racing 2), so I always use LOD1 + some LOD0 parts.
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

TomWin wrote:How to import LOD1 models with 3DsimED anybody knows?
Is just LOD0 models are to high for the game I mod (World Racing 2), so I always use LOD1 + some LOD0 parts.
I suggest to go to the 3DsimED forum to ask as i'm not sure this is the correct place. http://thepits.us/board/viewforum.php?f=25

I shall still be using shakotay2s' tool as it has the other UV channels And as you point out other LODs.

There seems to be a lot of isolated vertices with 3DsimED, at least with the method i have chosen to get it into 3dsmax.
ultra-n00b

Post by 0355 »

Forza Horizon 3. I have the resources extracted for a car from OpusDev(Ferrari F50). Rear wheels are different from front wheels and I successfully placed everything in place. I was looking for textures, but there's no texture for wheels. I've looked in every single texture folder (and checked every single texture present). Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks guys
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

0355 wrote:Forza Horizon 3. I have the resources extracted for a car from OpusDev(Ferrari F50). Rear wheels are different from front wheels and I successfully placed everything in place. I was looking for textures, but there's no texture for wheels. I've looked in every single texture folder (and checked every single texture present). Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks guys
They don't have textures like before but in stead just use an AO texture and material settings. At least that's how it seems to me, maybe some one will correct me.
ImageImage
ultra-n00b

Post by 0355 »

minime891 wrote:
0355 wrote:Forza Horizon 3. I have the resources extracted for a car from OpusDev(Ferrari F50). Rear wheels are different from front wheels and I successfully placed everything in place. I was looking for textures, but there's no texture for wheels. I've looked in every single texture folder (and checked every single texture present). Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks guys
They don't have textures like before but in stead just use an AO texture and material settings. At least that's how it seems to me, maybe some one will correct me.
ImageImage
Thanks mate, from where did you pull that texture, I wasn't able for the life of me to find it.
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

They're in \Textures\libraryao\wheels.
ultra-n00b

Post by 0355 »

minime891 wrote:They're in \Textures\libraryao\wheels.
Many thanks, very helpful
AMG
advanced

Post by AMG »

I have a simple question about lower LODs. Where are those located? I've tried to import a car package from GameModels in 3DSimED but seems those are not imported. Now, I don't know if the package is missing the lower LODs needed, or if the tool is not able to import them yet.
ultra-n00b

Post by 0355 »

minime891 wrote:
Thanks guys
ImageImage
Sorry again but there's something strange in the UV map... it seems there should be another texture from this map
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

which tool did you use for model extraction?
Can you upload the concerning modelbin file?
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Doc0
n00b

Post by Doc0 »

0355 wrote:
Sorry again but there's something strange in the UV map... it seems there should be another texture from this map
Nothing strange, the UV you are showing are in the UV channel 1 for the front wheel and you try to use it with the picture for the rear wheel.

FBX generated by 3Dsimed are multichannel for UV, if you try the UV channel 3, for the front wheel image, it will be all right.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

if anyone is in need of all textures from FH3 in dds format - intel texture plugin needed , NOT nvidia one
https://mega.nz/#F!pI9HHKYB!OwADA4sgJbkOWcUpdknxeg
ultra-n00b

Post by 0355 »

Doc0 wrote:
0355 wrote:
Nothing strange, the UV you are showing are in the UV channel 1 for the front wheel and you try to use it with the picture for the rear wheel.

FBX generated by 3Dsimed are multichannel for UV, if you try the UV channel 3, for the front wheel image, it will be all right.
But I didn't use 3dsimed. Just the extraction tool from Shakotay2 and imported the obj into max
If I look into the id menu of the UV editor in max there's just a single id (number 1). Can't find other channels