Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dishonored 2 models and textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dishonored 2 models and textures

Post by volfin »

yeah photoshop doesn't have the best lighting setup. You'd have to set up materials in some other engine to get better results.
rawfish38
ultra-n00b

Post by rawfish38 »

I'm trying to find furniture files specifically, like chairs and tables, Any idea where those may be located?
windswept
ultra-n00b

Post by windswept »

rawfish38 wrote:I'm trying to find furniture files specifically, like chairs and tables, Any idea where those may be located?
I've seen a few, was there a specific one you were looking for? I'd suggest looking at generated/model/models/environment/props if you haven't found them yet.

Has anyone happened to stumble onto the models for the 'outsider origin story' scene? Specifically like the sacrifice stone, the statue cultists (I assume they're a character file somewhere), and most importantly the double bladed cult knife. I've been tearing this game apart and swear I've seen pretty much everything but that chunk of models, and it's driving me up the wall.
Sttmccln
ultra-n00b

Post by Sttmccln »

volfin wrote:Ok, the model importer is functional, so I'll release. but there's a lot of caveats:

A) No skeleton or bone weight support at this time. (I am having trouble working out the weighting part).
B) Solved
C) models are broken up into a lot of parts, and positions aren't stored in the model files (uncertain, more research needed) So you'll have to move all the parts around to fit them together.

The good news is, Multiple models per file and multiple materials per model is supported, as is the two UV maps each model has (some duplicate the UV on both channels, but some, especially the main characters do have different UVs on each channel. I expect this is for effects like texturing and dirt/normal to be on separately laid out maps. But I have not looked into this in depth)
Also, this importer supports two model formats the game uses Bmd6model, and bmodel. should load either with no problem.

Example:

Multiple Material zones as defined in-game

All the parts with textures (I frankly don't know where all the gears go LOL)

The parts were found in these various directories:
Base Model: Pack 1\generated\basemodel\models\characters\mech\clockwork
Wooden Armor parts: Pack 1\generated\model\models\characters\mech\clockwork\breakables
Gears and Guts: Pack 1\generated\model\models\characters\mech\clockwork\wheels
Textures were all in: Pack 1\generated\image\models\characters\mech\clockwork\textures

Edit: Head parts are in the root of the extraction directory, Named like this: "nocloth_f_str_alexi_head_6381dc2474fd3c558dde926c5129fcad.bmd6model" for Alexi model.

Additionally, it seems like a lot of small parts to models are in the 'voidresourcecache' folder.

So that's the basic arrangement for assets.

If you come across any model files that produce an error, let me know the model name and location and I'll see what I can do about fixing.

Oh yeah I should add, importer is for Blender 2.70 and above, and if you need to know how to install, see my previous tutorial here:
viewtopic.php?p=103131#p103131

Enjoy.

Edit: new version below.

Any way you could send that Clockwork Soldier file to me? Huge downside to owning on console is that I cant rip things myself...
Emissaryofwind
n00b

Post by Emissaryofwind »

If you want to get it on PC to rip things yourself, now's a great time, the game is half-off on steam! And there's a free trial with the first 3 missions that you might be able to rip things from as well.
Sttmccln
ultra-n00b

Post by Sttmccln »

Just tried, Steam wont let me because I dont have a 64 bit os.
Stut29
ultra-n00b

Post by Stut29 »

Hello,

Was skeleton support added to the model importer? I see mention of skeletons in the file, but I'm new to this stuff and don't understand it.
Also, is there a simple way I'm missing to batch import the models into Blender? Will that require additional scripting?

Thanks for creating these tools.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Stut29 wrote:Also, is there a simple way I'm missing to batch import the models into Blender? Will that require additional scripting?
the models would overlap each other. You'd to separate them manually. Is that what you really want?

If so it's possible using a rather simple script:
Dishonored2_batch_import.jpg
btw: please ignore/replace the string 'obj'; I was too lazy to adjust that
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
JG123
ultra-n00b

Post by JG123 »

Hi, I'm new here, but I love the games and the models pretty cool, How can't I get Dishonored 2 models?
If someone has it, I'm expecialy looking for, those guard's like saylor type.
minitiv
ultra-n00b

Post by minitiv »

-snip-
Last edited by minitiv on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HooptyHaupt
ultra-n00b

Post by HooptyHaupt »

It still works perfectly for me, I get both textures and models when extracting each package.
minitiv
ultra-n00b

Post by minitiv »

HooptyHaupt wrote:It still works perfectly for me, I get both textures and models when extracting each package.
Which game version you had?
HooptyHaupt
ultra-n00b

Post by HooptyHaupt »

I have the newest version.
windswept
ultra-n00b

Post by windswept »

To resurrect this thread a bit, I was able to extract Death of The Outsider's contents... but for all of the BMD6models that aren't static (character files, animals), Volfin's blender import plugin isn't working. No error, no objects listed, hit import and nothing happens for those files. Any ideas? I'm completely clueless at this part.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

windswept wrote:To resurrect this thread a bit, I was able to extract Death of The Outsider's contents... but for all of the BMD6models that aren't static (character files, animals), Volfin's blender import plugin isn't working. No error, no objects listed, hit import and nothing happens for those files. Any ideas? I'm completely clueless at this part.
I don't have this game, but I'll go out on a limb and say they probably changed the model format a bit, since it's a completely standalone game and not a DLC. With any model format even one byte difference is enough to throw an importer off.

it's also possible whatever method you're using to unpack the files isn't producing the same format of files as the unpacker for Dishonored 2.

If you can provide a few model files, i'll take a quick look and see what I can see.