Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by shakotay2 »

Andrakann wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:It's 0.811206, -0.740454, 0.601394 for the doorHandleLF, works like a charm, then, door position ok.
And you don't have a problem (mentioned here) with RF door parts position in Blender?..
well, from a sideview it looks ok; apart from that frayed edge (caused by the parenting, I guess?).
But yes, for RF the x position is wrong for some weird reason:
doorHandleRF.JPG
The hood values are not EXACT:
import bpy

bpy.data.objects["LS0_hood_a_LODS0_carPaint"].location = (-0.001401,-0.860749,0.800358)
(compare to manual chosen transform values in the pic)

from the dae it's:
0,000000 1.707395 1.263087
-0.001401 -0.907037 -0.402338
adding:
-0.001401 0.800358 0.860749
swapping y,z, then negating y: -0.001401 -0.860749 0.800358
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Doc0
n00b

Post by Doc0 »

First, thank you for all your work!!
shakotay2 wrote: (rmh, seems noone is really interested in automatic positioning any more,
well I leave you alone with this, since I gave the idea how to perform it by python script.)
Second, i totally agree. Honestly, it takes me 15/20 mn for each model to move the parts at the right place, and i take my time. I just hard time for the wipers, and there is sometimes some parts missing in the dashboard (for example impossible to find a part in the dashboard of the camaro zl1 2017, the back or bottom of the thing blowing the air, and the speakers).

But not a big deal.

What would be great is to have the UV maps and the textures associated, at least for the superb engines that we find in these cars! I can do it by scratch but that would be really better.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Doc0 wrote:I just hard time for the wipers, and there is sometimes some parts missing in the dashboard (for example impossible to find a part in the dashboard of the camaro zl1 2017, the back or bottom of the thing blowing the air, and the speakers).
if you sent me the concerning modelbin files I could check the problems.
What would be great is to have the UV maps and the textures associated, at least for the superb engines that we find in these cars! I can do it by scratch but that would be really better.
yeah, but that's a tedious task to do it by code, read here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4256&p=129262&hili ... ng#p129262

(Guess, the problem will be solved more or less as soon as zwrtron's MTC will generate mtl files.)
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

@shakotay2

Dash - https://my.mixtape.moe/cytium.rar
Images - http://imgur.com/a/VQUDH

Infinity Q60 dash made into obj makes it a pain to scale and join or make any sense of, as oppose to other dashboards which are relatively easy ...

Thanks in advance
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

I didn't use the cytium, since I don't have the gr2 skeleton file for it, but the one from the AST DB11_17.
The results should be similar, though.

From the picture you can see the problems. I used the locating script as before:
import bpy
bpy.data.objects["L01_steeringWheel_a_LOD12_Interior_LOD1|steeringWheel_a"].location = (0.383590,0.015409,0.689967)
DB11-dash.JPG
but the wheel position had to be adjusted manually afterwards.

Maybe the original dashStructure position is wrong, too?
(But even if we corrected its y position, it wouldn't compensate the offset to the wheel; looks like it would move away from it then.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

shakotay2 wrote:I didn't use the cytium, since I don't have the gr2 skeleton file for it, but the one from the AST DB11_17.
The results should be similar, though.

From the picture you can see the problems. I used the locating script as before:
import bpy
bpy.data.objects["L01_steeringWheel_a_LOD12_Interior_LOD1|steeringWheel_a"].location = (0.383590,0.015409,0.689967)
DB11-dash.JPG
but the wheel position had to be adjusted manually afterwards.

Maybe the original dashStructure position is wrong, too?
(But even if we corrected its y position, it wouldn't compensate the offset to the wheel; looks like it would move away from it then.)
Excellent, thank you
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

https://youtu.be/ceT65mGln_Q tutorial on how to extract models & convert textures for anyone who doesn't know
MMWsmokey
beginner

Post by MMWsmokey »

excellent progress on the tools, many thanks to everyone involved

will the tool be able to include normals with obj files? i read through the thread but didnt really find whether its on the table to be addressed or not.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

MMWsmokey wrote:excellent progress on the tools, many thanks to everyone involved

will the tool be able to include normals with obj files? i read through the thread but didnt really find whether its on the table to be addressed or not.
It's quite simple to fix in 3ds or Zmod, shouldn't think it needs looking into that much
MMWsmokey
beginner

Post by MMWsmokey »

Frazzlee wrote:
MMWsmokey wrote:excellent progress on the tools, many thanks to everyone involved

It's quite simple to fix in 3ds or Zmod, shouldn't think it needs looking into that much
i was just wondering because it seems the tool is quite powerful already, exporting meshes and even mapping - original normals would be a nice addition towards exporting complete models
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

I check the decompression of the 32 bit normals (11-11-10?) from time to time; were displayed as vertex-per-face-normals in blender but sum-of-squares of the components is not 1.0; texturing is not my main subject, too.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

shakotay2 wrote:I check the decompression of the 32 bit normals (11-11-10?) from time to time; were displayed as vertex-per-face-normals in blender but sum-of-squares of the components is not 1.0; texturing is not my main subject, too.
Yes, i mean whilst it would be great to have this, it's a few minutes to fix, so i think UV's or materials or scaling/positioning take priority
zerozone
n00b

Post by zerozone »

Hi Again guys, someone could give me a hand on the tires and rims?

I can imagine I need to scale them up, but I have no idea of how much, or if there is any standard scale for them
I saw that they are over stretched on X axis (or Y or Z depending on the software) but doesn't look like is scaled up, look more like you have to move some of the vertex down
Also on the tires they are all really fuck up, the thickness of all of them is always the same, so I presume they have some kind of morphing system that I'll try to replicate

At the end what I would love to know is what scale ratio did you use for the rims on other cars, or if someone knows where I can find the dimensions of the standard tires for this kind of cars
Again Thank you!!! :D
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

zerozone wrote:Hi Again guys, someone could give me a hand on the tires and rims?

I can imagine I need to scale them up, but I have no idea of how much, or if there is any standard scale for them
I saw that they are over stretched on X axis (or Y or Z depending on the software) but doesn't look like is scaled up, look more like you have to move some of the vertex down
Also on the tires they are all really fuck up, the thickness of all of them is always the same, so I presume they have some kind of morphing system that I'll try to replicate

At the end what I would love to know is what scale ratio did you use for the rims on other cars, or if someone knows where I can find the dimensions of the standard tires for this kind of cars
Take a fender and platform from appropriate car and scale to match that
zerozone
n00b

Post by zerozone »

Frazzlee wrote:
zerozone wrote:Hi Again guys, someone could give me a hand on the tires and rims?

Take a fender and platform from appropriate car and scale to match that
Thank you Frazzlee, that would work if I don't care about precision and I had the tires with the rims, also that doesn't give me any reference for the tire width :(