Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Nier Automata

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
wunk
advanced

Re: Nier Automata

Post by wunk »

Simguy wrote:

Code: Select all

ULONG		Offset1; 	//"Bone List offset"
	ULONG		ListCount;
Just a note about the file formats in general to anyone writing any readers or max scripts but these "list offset, list count" pairs are littered everywhere among the file formats so I've interpreted them as structures:

template< typename EntryType >
struct TableReference
{
   typedef EntryType ElementType; // For reading functions
   std::uint32_t Offset;
   std::uint32_t Count;
};
in C++ using templates to store the type of the table which allows for some very adaptive code to be written even when tables get very nested(this is probably what Platinum's source code is doing as there has to be some statically available data for it to determine how to read these structures such as the size of each element). If any of you out there are making readers I recommend something something like this so you aren't writing deeply nested table-reference-resolvers when things are actually pretty "flat". You can write one "ReadTable" function that could recursively read in any nested tables and return a vector of the table's ElementType. The offsets seem file-relative but should the file be loaded entirely into memory then you can use these same offsets for pointer arithmetic to avoid having to seek and read all around a file.
With this an entire "Table reference" of 32-bit integers can be declared as

TableReference<std::uint32_t> SomeTable;
I'll release my model-reader code as info gets mapped out and will probably write a converter using the fbxsdk.
c0d3s1ing3r
ultra-n00b

Post by c0d3s1ing3r »

Hello everyone!

I was the one who amassed that Audio.zip file. It works by dragging the bnk files onto the bnkextr.exe . That will turn it into a collection of wems which you can then convert to ogg by running wem2ogg.bat. Windows media player can run those files (but I prefer Winamp).

delwems just deletes the .wem files if you have no use for them anymore.

However a much better solution is to just use the sound extractor someone else made (it's what I used) since that opens the .wsp files no problem.

In addition, anything that I manage to fully extract I post to the Modding and Mining Group that I setup on Steam. I'd love it if you guys joined and posted there too.

It's worth mentioning that one of the posts there has a full download to the output of nier-sound-extractor.
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

Is the interest in reverse engineering this game already dead?
Seems to be a shame seeing that's it's one of best action JRPGs of late and it could really use some texture mods.
wunk
advanced

Post by wunk »

It's not dead I don't think but a lot of people have been keeping to themselves for whatever reason. It seems like a lot of people just wanted to get 2B's model to shove into SFM or GMOD or whatever. There are people that are legitimately interested in the mruby vm to try and get a translation made for their region but without a decompiler or dat+cpk repacker that's looking to be a pretty mute effort.
marcussacana
beginner

Post by marcussacana »

DEElekgolo wrote:It's not dead I don't think but a lot of people have been keeping to themselves for whatever reason. It seems like a lot of people just wanted to get 2B's model to shove into SFM or GMOD or whatever. There are people that are legitimately interested in the mruby vm to try and get a translation made for their region but without a decompiler or dat+cpk repacker that's looking to be a pretty mute effort.
in my case i just need translate this shit to ptbr, but the tool created to a rus project isn't published... i wrote a tool to edit the cutscene subtitle and published the source... but looks the rus devs as wrote your tools to yourself... i hope publish after translate (carefull with stolen credits maybe?), anyway with mruby my position is just wait and see if anyone publish a tool

-eddit
and in the first page i publish my "stuff" of the .cpk and .dat, the tools are stable and i fully extracted and repacked the .cpk/.dat files, and obvious, with modification to confirm, i translate all cutscenes to my language using my tool
c0d3s1ing3r
ultra-n00b

Post by c0d3s1ing3r »

SkacikPL wrote:Is the interest in reverse engineering this game already dead?
Seems to be a shame seeing that's it's one of best action JRPGs of late and it could really use some texture mods.
Not dead, just plenty of the people who would be doing this are busy (myself with college).

I expect that at summer the game will start accruing more interest again.
michalss

Post by michalss »

marcussacana wrote:
DEElekgolo wrote:It's not dead I don't think but a lot of people have been keeping to themselves for whatever reason. It seems like a lot of people just wanted to get 2B's model to shove into SFM or GMOD or whatever. There are people that are legitimately interested in the mruby vm to try and get a translation made for their region but without a decompiler or dat+cpk repacker that's looking to be a pretty mute effort.
in my case i just need translate this shit to ptbr, but the tool created to a rus project isn't published... i wrote a tool to edit the cutscene subtitle and published the source... but looks the rus devs as wrote your tools to yourself... i hope publish after translate (carefull with stolen credits maybe?), anyway with mruby my position is just wait and see if anyone publish a tool

-eddit
and in the first page i publish my "stuff" of the .cpk and .dat, the tools are stable and i fully extracted and repacked the .cpk/.dat files, and obvious, with modification to confirm, i translate all cutscenes to my language using my tool

So there is not public tool for localization yet ? Anyone ? Damn i publish so many tools for most complicated games someone could help out right ? :) I dont want to go and do research again if someone allready did it, that is nonsence...
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
AnonBaiter
veteran

Post by AnonBaiter »

michalss wrote:I dont want to go and do research again if someone allready did it, that is nonsence...
Not if said research disappears for about 10+ years.
marcussacana
beginner

Post by marcussacana »

michalss wrote: So there is not public tool for localization yet ? Anyone ? Damn i publish so many tools for most complicated games someone could help out right ? :) I dont want to go and do research again if someone allready did it, that is nonsence...
Yes... If you have a free time to this, I would be grateful

Screenshot of the russian project:
marcussacana
beginner

Post by marcussacana »

michalss wrote:well thats the problem i dont have a time..
no problem... i wait the russian project finish... i hope after finish he publish the tool, otherwise i can try see the offsets changes comparing the original and translated script, and maybe i can write a tool
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

marcussacana wrote:
michalss wrote:well thats the problem i dont have a time..
no problem... i wait the russian project finish... i hope after finish he publish the tool, otherwise i can try see the offsets changes comparing the original and translated script, and maybe i can write a tool
Have you tried simply contacting the author?
makcar
veteran

Post by makcar »

marcussacana wrote:i wait the russian project finish... i hope after finish he publish the tool
Ok, that's a bargain! +src?
marcussacana
beginner

Post by marcussacana »

makcar wrote:
marcussacana wrote:i wait the russian project finish... i hope after finish he publish the tool
I'd be grateful, but whatever, as long as I can translate it's perfect
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

marcussacana wrote:
makcar wrote:
I'd be grateful, but whatever, as long as I can translate it's perfect
Do you have any contact with the author or some more information?
He might share if someone asks politely?
Slokky
ultra-n00b

Post by Slokky »

SkacikPL wrote: Do you have any contact with the author or some more information?
He might share if someone asks politely?
makcar
is autor of the russian mod XD

PS guys is there some config file in the game archives? We need fix the draw distance and the shadow resolution.