Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by shakotay2 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shakotay2 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

Thanks that tool for gr2 files works perfect.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

anyone know how to obtain direct textures for the cars? (from modelbins)
zwrtron
beginner

Post by zwrtron »

Frazzlee wrote:anyone know how to obtain direct textures for the cars? (from modelbins)
If you mean those like I do, they are inside certain car archive. (#.\media\cars\fer_laferarri_13.zip\Textures|UI\*.swatchbin).
These textures are mostly 'unique', meaning there are no other cars using the same texture (dials, display, gauges etc.), otherwise they are inside shared library Textures.zip (Ferrari logo for instance, multiple Ferrari's use the same texture or a carbon texture, used by multiple cars).
They can be recognized easily by not containing "cars\_library\Textures*" in modelbin.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

zwrtron wrote:
Frazzlee wrote:anyone know how to obtain direct textures for the cars? (from modelbins)
If you mean those like I do, they are inside certain car archive. (#.\media\cars\fer_laferarri_13.zip\Textures|UI\*.swatchbin).
These textures are mostly 'unique', meaning there are no other cars using the same texture (dials, display, gauges etc.), otherwise they are inside shared library Textures.zip (Ferrari logo for instance, multiple Ferrari's use the same texture or a carbon texture, used by multiple cars).
They can be recognized easily by not containing "cars\_library\Textures*" in modelbin.
haha I just PM'd you on GTA Forums, but there's not txetures for lights, steering wheel etc, unless I'm missing something
zwrtron
beginner

Post by zwrtron »

Frazzlee wrote: haha I just PM'd you on GTA Forums, but there's not txetures for lights, steering wheel etc, unless I'm missing something
There are no engine or light textures in Forza Horizon 3 like we are used from previous Forza versions. Each engine or light is textured with 'materials' (pre-made commonly used references, let's say) instead of standalone texture map (similiar to Forza 4 Autovista).
'Materials' use simple, commonly used textures like normalized plastic, aluminum, leather, carbon, manufacturer logos... or just simple diffuse color (regular plastic).
Instead of single swatchbin map, the modelbin entry may refer to materialbin, which can be considered as commonly used swatchbin container (with shader settings).
Some people may be confused seeing light or engine maps inside AO folder in each car archive. These maps represent ambient occlusion maps, whose are basically 'fake shadows' and some of the UV channels using it somehow, even if they are not listed in materialbin...

Short-answer: There are no light_lod0 or engine_SLOD maps at all.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

zwrtron wrote:
Frazzlee wrote: haha I just PM'd you on GTA Forums, but there's not txetures for lights, steering wheel etc, unless I'm missing something
There are no engine or light textures in Forza Horizon 3 like we are used from previous Forza versions. Each engine or light is textured with 'materials' (pre-made commonly used references, let's say) instead of standalone texture map (similiar to Forza 4 Autovista).
'Materials' use simple, commonly used textures like normalized plastic, aluminum, leather, carbon, manufacturer logos... or just simple diffuse color (regular plastic).
Instead of single swatchbin map, the modelbin entry may refer to materialbin, which can be considered as commonly used swatchbin container (with shader settings).
Some people may be confused seeing light or engine maps inside AO folder in each car archive. These maps represent ambient occlusion maps, whose are basically 'fake shadows' and some of the UV channels using it somehow, even if they are not listed in materialbin...

Short-answer: There are no light_lod0 or engine_SLOD maps at all.
Ah thanks for the explanation, so all the available Textures needed for a car are in the textures folder?
nick22savino
beginner

Post by nick22savino »

could there not be made a script that applies and generates the materials wich are listed at the line where the material name is listed?
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

nick22savino wrote:could there not be made a script that applies and generates the materials wich are listed at the line where the material name is listed?
Where are they listed?
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

I found here secondary lights textures, which are textures for bulbs. Can somebody upload primary lights textures?
I have forza but its encrypted :( no idea how to get files from it.

I was wondering whats wrong with skeleton, names arent the same as the ones in model, many bones are simply missing for placement of some car parts.

BTW its possible to make materials for models. It's ok that 3d models are separated by materials but all are assigned to default material.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

TomWin wrote:I found here secondary lights textures, which are textures for bulbs. Can somebody upload primary lights textures?

I was wondering whats wrong with skeleton, names arent the same as the ones in model, many bones are simply missing for placement of some car parts.

BTW its possible to make materials for models. It's ok that 3d models are separated by materials but all are assigned to default material.

Where are they? (and to dump game you gotta use UWP to decrpyt game files - https://github.com/Wunkolo/UWPDumper)

basic instructions - https://pastebin.com/raw/6JqqrXce
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

Frazzlee wrote:
TomWin wrote:I found here secondary lights textures, which are textures for bulbs. Can somebody upload primary lights textures?

Where are they? (and to dump game you gotta use UWP to decrpyt game files - https://github.com/Wunkolo/UWPDumper)

Thanks,
A question: Doesn't it break the game after that? I mean it's pain download in my slow net all the game, so I hope it doesn't touch any original files just copy them and encrypt them somewhere else isnt it?
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

TomWin wrote:
Frazzlee wrote:

Thanks,
A question: Doesn't it break the game after that? I mean it's pain download in my slow net all the game, so I hope it doesn't touch any original files just copy them and encrypt them somewhere else isnt it?
yeah I know for a fact it breaks the game, though to re download I wouldn't reccomend the Windows Store, I'd reccomend download it using IDM or something similar, it decrypts the files and dumps the in a folder next to the FH3 game directory
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

Google "OpusDev torrent" and download only files you need.
With unreleased Porsche cars.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

Andrakann wrote:Google "OpusDev torrent" and download only files you need.
With unreleased Porsche cars.
will they be decrypted though?