Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Nier Automata

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
yarrmateys
ultra-n00b

Re: Nier Automata

Post by yarrmateys »

SirZephy wrote:however, these .wsp files/archives are at least 30MB large and are being converted down to 2-5MB audio files so I'm not sure if these .wsp files contain more than one audio file in them?
yeah, they do. they contain multiple file headers. they probably need to be split first.

edit: a quickbms script to do it.

Code: Select all

findloc OFFSET string "RIFF"
do
    goto OFFSET
    get DUMMY long
    findloc NEXT_OFFSET string "RIFF" 0 ""
    if NEXT_OFFSET == ""
        get SIZE asize
    else
        math SIZE = NEXT_OFFSET
    endif
    math SIZE -= OFFSET
    log "" OFFSET SIZE
    math OFFSET = NEXT_OFFSET
while NEXT_OFFSET != ""
just select every wsp file when it asks you for source, it'll output every file's contents into separate folders.

if you combine all the wem and wsp files into one using copy /b command, it'll be even easier. the single file that'll result from that will output everything inside of it in an ordered way into the same folder without any need for messing with moving, folders, files, filenames and such.

after combining this with your stuff i got over 400 files out of it.
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

The .wsp archives can contain multiple .wem files and so can the .bnk archives.
The .wsp files don't have an index, they are just a stream of files without metadata and with alignment.

All .wem files can be extracted by parsing all the sound files (they start with the RIFF header). But ww2ogg is pretty strict about file sizes. Next to the RIFF header is the 32 bit size of the following sound file, so they can be split properly. I might upload a tool or script to split the files some time later.
I also found some .wem files in the .bnk files that overlap and can't be converted by ww2ogg.

Edit:
I managed to repair one of the corrupt .wem files inside the .bnk archive by fixing the "RIFF" header size and the "data" size. It was the first 15KB of the song "Birth of a Wish". Turns out the full size .wem file was in one of the .wsp archives.

Edit:
Here's the tool I wrote to extract all the .wem files which are not corrupt from the game's sound directory.
14997 total files can be extracted and 14974 of them can be converted to ogg via ww2ogg.

Download:
https://gist.github.com/Atvaark/680d189 ... ractor.zip

Usage example:

nier-sound-extractor.exe extract -out "outdir" "E:\Games\Steam_Library\SteamApps\common\NieRAutomata\data\sound"
delguoqing
beginner

Post by delguoqing »

good work! Thanks for your information, that helps me a lot.
I'm trying to rip models. My script works for most wmb files except pl000.
I'm missing 2B's lower leg. can't find out why. any ideas?
微信截图_20170323114135.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xrb936
ultra-n00b

Post by xrb936 »

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a localization for my language, do you guys know where all texts stored? I don't really know which file is correct.

Thank you!
makcar
veteran

Post by makcar »

xrb936 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a localization for my language, do you guys know where all texts stored? I don't really know which file is correct.

Thank you!
https://yadi.sk/d/3MsyUHRK3G79GN
xrb936
ultra-n00b

Post by xrb936 »

makcar wrote:

Thank you!

Could you please explain me how you extracted? I am a newbie... THX!
xrb936
ultra-n00b

Post by xrb936 »

marcussacana wrote:Okay, i extracted the data009.cpk, extracted the "subtitle\subtitle1270_us.dat" (contains new game cutscene subtitle)
After this, i translated and recreated the .dat without problem... and i patch the .cpk... but
WTF the text don't change.... i confirm if the old text contains in the new data009.cpk but yes, not found... i have sure the tools works and the file has been edited, but the game don't change anything... probabbly have the file in another packget/folder, anyone found the correct file?
How do you recreate the dat file? Is there any tool or script? Thanks.
Voye
ultra-n00b

Post by Voye »

Is it possible to extract each individual character's voice lines?
xrb936
ultra-n00b

Post by xrb936 »

marcussacana wrote:Okay, i extracted the data009.cpk, extracted the "subtitle\subtitle1270_us.dat" (contains new game cutscene subtitle)
After this, i translated and recreated the .dat without problem... and i patch the .cpk... but
WTF the text don't change.... i confirm if the old text contains in the new data009.cpk but yes, not found... i have sure the tools works and the file has been edited, but the game don't change anything... probabbly have the file in another packget/folder, anyone found the correct file?
After I unpack the subtitle1270_us.dat file, I just got a .smd file. Do you have any idea how to edit it?
Eiwo
ultra-n00b

Post by Eiwo »

Voye wrote:Is it possible to extract each individual character's voice lines?
Yes, read above for the tool. And use https://mega.nz/#!qNIXyYhZ!Swj9p_NKNcqh ... PL-2G8Jbh4 which has a .bat file in it, found it over on Steam's Nier forums.
Voye
ultra-n00b

Post by Voye »

Eiwo wrote:Yes, read above for the tool. And use https://mega.nz/#!qNIXyYhZ!Swj9p_NKNcqh ... PL-2G8Jbh4 which has a .bat file in it, found it over on Steam's Nier forums.
Sorry, I'm new to this. Do I extract Audio.zip anywhere? Nothing happens when I run the files
marcussacana
beginner

Post by marcussacana »

xrb936 wrote:
After I unpack the subtitle1270_us.dat file, I just got a .smd file. Do you have any idea how to edit it?
i write a tool to edit this file: https://github.com/marcussacana/AutomataTranslator
but the .smd it's the text only of the cutscene subtitle... i don't have a method to translate the .bin (mruby) script
marcussacana
beginner

Post by marcussacana »

makcar wrote:

Thank you!
Perfect, but and how we can insert the translation?
Eiwo
ultra-n00b

Post by Eiwo »

Voye wrote:
Eiwo wrote:Yes, read above for the tool. And use https://mega.nz/#!qNIXyYhZ!Swj9p_NKNcqh ... PL-2G8Jbh4 which has a .bat file in it, found it over on Steam's Nier forums.
Sorry, I'm new to this. Do I extract Audio.zip anywhere? Nothing happens when I run the files
Drag and drop onto the bat file. Or was it double click on it? I forget :P
Simguy
advanced

Post by Simguy »

I was digging into the animation files and managed to extract 1 frame animations. I mapped out MOT files to the best of my limited ability:

typedef struct BoneArray {
	SHORT	BoneID;
	UBYTE	Channel; 	// "0-POSX 1-POSY 2-POSZ 3-ROTX 4-ROTY 5-ROTZ
	ULONG	FrameThing; 	// "When this is filled Float changes and 8 bytes are added to the bottom of the file"
	UBYTE	Blank0;
	float	Float;
} BoneArray;

struct MOT
{
	char		fourCC[4]; 	// "MOT"
	ULONG		UNK0;
	SHORT		Blank;
	SHORT		UNK1;
	ULONG		Offset1; 	//"Bone List offset"
	ULONG		ListCount;
	ULONG		UNK1;
	char		Name[20];
	BoneArray	BoneStuff[ListCount];

};
As long as the animation is 1 frame long, its easy enough to understand. But longer animations have some nonsense at the bottom of the file that I don't understand.