Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Hitman / Kane & Lynch series model tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
trexjones
veteran

Re: Hitman / Kane & Lynch series model tools

Post by trexjones »

I hate to sound like a dummy, Tosyk, but how do I use the model sorter?
YourImaginaryFriend
n00b

Post by YourImaginaryFriend »

Is there a chance of adding Sniper Challenge support? It has several models that are missing in main game, like Birdie.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

trexjones wrote:I hate to sound like a dummy, Tosyk, but how do I use the model sorter?
well,
  • first you need to unpack all the game archives with unpacker from the first post;
  • then put 'model_sorter_v0.2.cmd' into <you_hitman_game_root_folder>\runtime\ and run;
  • after that all (actually almost all 'cause I'm still in working on the sorter — atm 87% done) the game assets will be sorted
you can use it in unfinished state or after I finish it, anyway it shouldn't conflict.

>latest version of unpacker scripts here<
Last edited by Tosyk on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

YourImaginaryFriend wrote:Is there a chance of adding Sniper Challenge support? It has several models that are missing in main game, like Birdie.
so you saying that archive unpacker doesn't work with SC?
my blog | my forum
YourImaginaryFriend
n00b

Yes, the tool crashes
trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones »

Thanks Tosyk!

And yeah, it's not completely compatible. I noticed a lot of the female meshes are coming out funny and not alligned properly or distorted, but Daemon's looking into it.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

YourImaginaryFriend wrote:Yes, the tool crashes
if you want SC to be supported you need to pass daemon sample files, don't you think he want to download the game just for you?
trexjones wrote:Thanks Tosyk!
And yeah, it's not completely compatible. I noticed a lot of the female meshes are coming out funny and not alligned properly or distorted, but Daemon's looking into it.
yeah, I know, he already fixed uv distortion, but my sorter-tool is beyond the processes daemon's tools do.
my blog | my forum
YourImaginaryFriend
n00b

My mistake. Here are samples if needed http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/ONrTvlGx/file.html
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Here's final version of filesorter for absolution (PC, tested on final steam version but should work on any) I worked on. It will unpack and sort all the assets of the original game and DLCs.
how to use:
  • unpack all the files from h5_asset_unpacker_and_sorter.zip into <your_hitman_game_root_folder>\runtime\
  • put Hitman5.exe from first post into <your_hitman_game_root_folder>\runtime\
    • on this step you have 3 .cmd files and 1 .exe file in runtime folder;
  • run 01_h5_move_bad_archives.cmd — it will move all the bad (not unpackable and ones with error) .pc_resourcelib files into temp folders:
    • all the neccecary folders will be creaeted at this step;
    • wait till the process is finished;
  • [you should omit this step for now, do it as described here] run 02_h5_unpack_pc_resourcelib.cmd — it will find and unpack all valid .pc_resourcelib files:
    • you'll get a bunch of different nameless files;
  • run 03_h5_asset_sorter.cmd — it will sort all the assets so you can find them in <your_hitman_game_root_folder>\runtime\unp\
  • run 04_h5_move_bad_archives_back.cmd to move bad .pc_resourcelib files back:
    • play the game normaly.
After all the steps you can convert models and textures with the tools from first post of this thread.
Note that this process will work from <your_hitman_game_root_folder>\runtime\ folder only. Also if you moved any of the archives manually filesorter may not find them.

Many of the archives cannot be unpacked due to the Hitman5.exe archive unpacker incompleation (compleation of which is beyond my possibilities), that's why I moved them into temp directories. if they be able to be unpacked someday I will update filesorter. You can also pass not unpackable files to daemon so he can reverse them.

p.s.: Please report me on errors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tosyk on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
my blog | my forum
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I'm currently working on cloth data from Absolution. They have special cloth engine unique only for Absolution. I've seen no other game like this. Even new 2016 hitman has all clothes as usual meshes. But in Absolution, jackets, ties and other cloth meshes no NOT exist in game files. Instead, they're built on the fly with their cloth engine, using special cloth generation tables.

So even to get one, initial geometry shape for it, I will need to reproduce their cloth engine and implement it in my tool. This may take weeks or even months.

ImageImage
trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones »

Hey Tosyk -- I tried your new tools, but ran in to a couple of problems.

I did everything exactly as you stated, but none of the files actually got unpacked or sorted. The first cmd worked -- the move_bad_archives worked fine, but after that, all that happened was the appearance of a "unp" folder, with the animals, characters, foliage, garbage, props, vehicles, weapons folders inside, but none of the archives ended up in those folders... any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

trexjones wrote:Hey Tosyk -- I tried your new tools, but ran in to a couple of problems.

I did everything exactly as you stated, but none of the files actually got unpacked or sorted. The first cmd worked -- the move_bad_archives worked fine, but after that, all that happened was the appearance of a "unp" folder, with the animals, characters, foliage, garbage, props, vehicles, weapons folders inside, but none of the archives ended up in those folders... any idea what I might be doing wrong?
didn't you forgot to put hitman5.exe into runtime folder? can I see a screenshot of your runtime folder?
my blog | my forum
trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones »

Sure thing... Here's what it looks like...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

trexjones wrote:Sure thing... Here's what it looks like...
seems like everything is correct at the screenshot. So you saying "bad" archives (.pc_resourcelib) were moved to the folders, right? Next you run second script and it return... an error or what? Is it doing something?

p.s.: is this PC version, right?
my blog | my forum
trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones »

So, I run the unpack_pc_resoucelib.cmd and this is what comes up in response...
run2.JPG
And correct the bad archives seem to go into their correct places...