Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius [Japan] Resource Extraction?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Rhaes
n00b

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius [Japan] Resource Extraction?

Post by Rhaes »

Hello!

First let me say the forum is mighty confusing. I had no idea where to place this. This seemed like the right place, but if it was wrong, I apologize to the staff for my mistake. :blue:

I've been trying to figure out how to extract the contents (sprites or rather "units") of this game. I have found a .cpk tool, but the images come out "broken" via the Japanese version of the game and they also extract with files like "unite_idle_cgs_254000403.csv". I don't think CriPakTools will work with this game anymore. So, are there any tools out there that can help me out? Or anyway I can extract the sprites or resources to this game?

I would provide the rooted DATA folder, but it is way too big. So here's a unit.cpk file for an example of what happens or perhaps it'll help determine what needs to be done:

https://ufile.io/60d74

I'll see if I can upload the rooted DATA folder, but it might be about 500mb.

EDIT

Here is the rooted DATA folder:

https://ufile.io/b2ded

NOTE: It is worth mentioning that I used the above tool on the global release and they extracted images just fine off the same file type. I suspect the Global game to soon adopt whatever it was the Japanese version did to the files, so it'll be of double help to have this ready for when they decide to stop data miners or whatnot.
Rhaes
n00b

Re: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius [Japan] Resource Extraction?

Post by Rhaes »

Anyone know what I need to do? The more I google, the more I think I understand it a little less. Is this problem due to encryption, or compression? I've tried a dozen different cpk extraction tools and two different QuickBMS scripts, but they result in errors (though it dumps "broken" images nonetheless).

If anyone has any idea on how I can fix my issues, I would really appreciate any help. :P