Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
minime891
advanced

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by minime891 »

I have to agree with SoniKalien it will be very handy as many of us do have all the files required.

And i too have been doing this manually. So i do hope for a release. :)
zimex25
veteran

Post by zimex25 »

I have problem with one of part (Renault Clio Williams)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baba0rum
ultra-n00b

Post by baba0rum »

zimex25 wrote:I have problem with one of part (Renault Clio Williams)
It's not the only problem the williams have. door miscaled, hard part to disasemble from multiple LOD...

But i managed to do it maybe you want the .z3d ?
zerozone
n00b

Post by zerozone »

Hi guys, I was reading this thread for a while but this is my first post, I think you are making an awesome work :D

I'm trying to make a tool through Houdini engine that can automatically process the cars, scaling and placing the parts, assigning materials and textures, fixing UVs, creating and placing wheels, calipers etc..

The end result will be a car configurator that would let you decide what parts you want (hoods, bumpers...) and give you a clean perfect mesh

My problem now is that I can't make anything work :/ probably I'm doing something wrong, I'm getting problems with bones on every car
I would love if someone can tell me how to do it, or direct me to some tutorial :)

Thank you very much guys!!!!
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

zerozone wrote:Hi guys, I was reading this thread for a while but this is my first post, I think you are making an awesome work :D

I'm trying to make a tool through Houdini engine that can automatically process the cars, scaling and placing the parts, assigning materials and textures, fixing UVs, creating and placing wheels, calipers etc..

The end result will be a car configurator that would let you decide what parts you want (hoods, bumpers...) and give you a clean perfect mesh

My problem now is that I can't make anything work :/ probably I'm doing something wrong, I'm getting problems with bones on every car
I would love if someone can tell me how to do it, or direct me to some tutorial :)

Thank you very much guys!!!!
Wow great to hear that. Will it also split mesh in LODs like ForzaStudio ?
zerozone
n00b

Post by zerozone »

Wow great to hear that. Will it also split mesh in LODs like ForzaStudio ?
yep TomWin, actually it already do it, also select what model you want for each part, like hood, bumpers, wings...
now I need the skeleton to place the parts and be able to animate open/close dors and others....
the idea is to have it working exactly like in the game
zwrtron
beginner

Post by zwrtron »

Thanks for feedback on Modelbin Texture Collector guys. We will figure it out how it will work, we could add support for those who have required library (copy support) and those who not (listing).

Anyways, we have been researching and we finally managed to achieve following in Swatchbin Texture Converter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl3nRfizCUA

Many of people have been complaining about dx10 dds format. So we decided to add support for more accessible formats like PNG, BMP and TGA.
We are in touch that it reduce quality of DXGI formats, but it will be user choice to decide which format to use. (maybe we put warning or something about possible quality loss)
I guess that those people who convert Forza cars to GTA, NFS converting those textures to accessible formats like PNG, BMP, TGA so our tool could do a favour.
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

zerozone wrote:Hi guys, I was reading this thread for a while but this is my first post, I think you are making an awesome work :D
Hi and welcome :)
actually it already do it, also select what model you want for each part, like hood, bumpers, wings...
now I need the skeleton to place the parts and be able to animate open/close dors and others....
It's sounds very good, except that you do it silently "in underground", because you can save hours of work for us...

Anyway, for skeleton you'll need to process CAR\scene\CAR_skeleton.gr2 files, most of tools for other games make it through using a granny2.dll directly for import.

Maybe here's another way exist - CAR\CAR.carbin seems to have information for linking of bones inside, but it's not explored atm.

CAR\scene\CAR_skeleton.modelbin looks pretty useless for any case, it's just a copy of skeleton available in every other modelbin for that car.

Btw, do you plan to share your tool?
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

Andrakann wrote:
Hi and welcome :)
actually it already do it, also select what model you want for each part, like hood, bumpers, wings...
It's sounds very good, except that you do it silently "in underground", because you can save hours of work for us...

Anyway, for skeleton you'll need to process CAR\scene\CAR_skeleton.gr2 files, most of tools for other games make it through using a granny2.dll directly for import.

Maybe here's another way exist - CAR\CAR.carbin seems to have information for linking of bones inside, but it's not explored atm.

CAR\scene\CAR_skeleton.modelbin looks pretty useless for any case, it's just a copy of skeleton available in every other modelbin for that car.

There are many other tools that extract models with UV's and skeletons and correctly scaled, but are all private, I hope this will not be another one of them
zerozone
n00b

Post by zerozone »

Andrakann wrote: It's sounds very good, except that you do it silently "in underground", because you can save hours of work for us...

Of course the idea is to share the tool, would be really selfish to take what the people is sharing here and make something for myself out of it
Andrakann I'm trying to download the tools to export the skeletons, but they are no longer available, maybe you can give me a working link? (PM)
I don't have much time to work on this tool, only on weekends, right now I'm focus on the basic outside car parts, as long as the parts names are the same on all models it will work perfectly, if the names are too diferent it will take way more time
I'll try to put a video of how it works so far this weekend

Thank you again! :)
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

zerozone wrote:
Andrakann wrote: It's sounds very good, except that you do it silently "in underground", because you can save hours of work for us...

Of course the idea is to share the tool, would be really selfish to take what the people is sharing here and make something for myself out of it
Andrakann I'm trying to download the tools to export the skeletons, but they are no longer available, maybe you can give me a working link? (PM)
I don't have much time to work on this tool, only on weekends, right now I'm focus on the basic outside car parts, as long as the parts names are the same on all models it will work perfectly, if the names are too diferent it will take way more time
I'll try to put a video of how it works so far this weekend

Thank you again! :)
Glad to hear the news, good luck!
nick22savino
beginner

Post by nick22savino »

i copy the data frommy xbox one forza 6 to my laptop
and figured out that it used the format msft - xvd uses
im
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

fixed a bug with the material names in lower lods
(FH3, view link in my sig)

(thanks, as always, go to Andrakann and minime891)

You may have experienced that it's a little bit hard to get the different uv sets (1 to 5) via manual selection.
Since I'm too busy with real life concerns and other private projects I can't care for the texturing.
So I don't really know to which degree a proper texturing is possible so far.

(I'm using automatic detection via VLay(ering) with an unreleased version but I can't release it as long as it produces so many wrong uv maps.)

Some textured (LodS0 or Lod1) model parts (body_a.modelbin, for example) which show what is missing could be helpful.
(It would also be great if someone could make some kind of table which shows what parts of a model are usually using the different uv sets.)
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
TheAdmiester
beginner

Post by TheAdmiester »

SIDfixed wrote:
Andrakann wrote:
SIDfixed wrote:This was the first thing to pop up, then it comes up with impactmask.swatchbin and so on.
It says compression wrong, are you sure you using the same zip compression as in game?
And what about using extracted folder instead of zip?
Using an extracted folder I was met with this:

Also I have no idea about zip compression settings. I've just been dragging the modified files into the existing zip. I'll have a poke around though.
Can you send over your modified files/zip?
zerozone
n00b

Post by zerozone »

I'm getting crazy... the name of the bones doesn't match with the name of the objects :/ for sample some objects are called FR Door when is supposed to be RR Door and so on...
is that an exporter problem or there is maybe a relationship list?