Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
snowboundmage
advanced

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by snowboundmage »

Is this model broken or the way it's supposed to be?

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/file/129gymmfkzyp0f3/000000000002ad2b.dat
EDIT: Wrong link, fixed
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

snowboundmage wrote:Is this model broken or the way it's supposed to be?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/129gymmfkzyp0f3/000000000002ad2b.dat
EDIT: Wrong link, fixed
Congrats, you found a completely new vertex/UV format. :lol:

Added support.

Edit: newer version below.
Last edited by volfin on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

In archive that I already post were some mistakes in models - see picture above. I'm completely forgot about it...
Here link to archive (again), filenames Adam_hand and Adam_suit (overlapping/incorrect scaled UV's, missed geometry(?) and "separate mesh layer" not import some parts of model)

P.S. Now it's crush with enabled "separate mesh layer" (model AlexV.dat from this archieve)

AlexV
model count:10
Table:274720
Table:296912
Table:379856
Table:387504
Table:420768
Table:430048
Table:734976
Table:1079696
Table:1691696
Table:1936336
FormatFlag =2
SkipFlag =4099
UV Flag:31
ID1:0 ID2:0
Vert count:2845
Face count:15330
mat_offset:0
wght_offset:144496
Vertice offset:30688
Mesh #0 Alt_format:False ID1:0
UV Block Size is:28
UVs offset:64828 Mat offset:0
using alt UV format 2
vertex array length:2845
normal array length:0
weights array length:0
index array length:0
UV1 array length:2845
UV2 array length:0
UV3 array length:0
Colors array length:0
Faces offset:16
count / 3:5110
faces array length:5110
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_DeusEx-MD\__init__.py", line 83, in execute
    result=import_DeusExMD.import_DeusExMD(self.filepath, bpy.context,self.randomize_colors,self.import_vertcolors,self.skip_blank,self.use_layers,self.mesh_scale)
  File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_DeusEx-MD\import_DeusExMD.py", line 828, in import_DeusExMD
    result=import_mesh(context,randomize_colors,import_vertcolors,use_layers,mesh_scale,i,block_offsets[i])
  File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_DeusEx-MD\import_DeusExMD.py", line 315, in import_mesh
    bpy.ops.object.shade_smooth()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 189, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.object.shade_smooth.poll() failed, context is incorrect
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look and see what I can do.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Ok, as for Adam_suit. there's nothing wrong. That's simply all that's in the file. I suspect either the Trenchoat is in another file (since you can change trenchcoats from settings), or because it's flexible cloth, is generated on the GPU. But there's nothing wrong with the file import.

As for Alex_V, the error "Context is Incorrect" indicates you weren't in Object mode when importing the model. Maybe Edit mode, or Weighting mode, or Posing mode. My script is dumb on that, and expects Object Mode. Next version i'll add code to Force Object mode for cases like this where people forget. :) Model imports fine when in object mode.

Lastly the hand UVs. I see the same you see. I'll investigate it further, but I suspect this is how it's supposed to be.

If you look ingame:

Those parts are a high shine metal only, no real texture. They use varying sizes of UV to vary the scale of a scratch-map and that type of thing. It's a common technique. However, I want to be double sure, so I'll verify this model is coming out right. It's also possible this model uses multi-material (which would be the first I've seen for Deus Ex:MD, I've seen it in Hitman 2016 a lot.) if there is a texture for this part of the hand, it would be helpful it you can point me to it.

Edit: yes I've verified, the UVs are correct. There's only one scaling factor and one block of UVs for that whole object. That's how the Devs made it. (for better or worse :keke: )
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Minor update to importer.
- Ensure Object mode is active before attempting import
- Validated functionality back to Blender version 2.70 (oldest supported)

Edit: newer version below.
Last edited by volfin on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U2LN
ultra-n00b

Post by U2LN »

Found Alex. Anyone know where her hair is?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chiff
ultra-n00b

Post by Chiff »

Hi folks, noob here, anyone know where the audio, or more specifically music files are?
hhchunter
beginner

Post by hhchunter »

Chiff wrote:Hi folks, noob here, anyone know where the audio, or more specifically music files are?
Seems like music is contained within the .pc_fsb files within the runtime directory, not sure if they're encrypted.

Dawn engine is built on the Absolution version of G² engine, and seems to be using FMOD.
[assembly:/sound/localization/dialogue/french/barks/ai/uniques/slaw/slaw_civalert.wavebank].pc_fsb

On that note, has anyone seen the Helle / Eliza Cassan's model? Apparently it's in the game.
SmiffinWeffin
ultra-n00b

Post by SmiffinWeffin »

Hey, another noob here. So, maybe I'm missing something obvious and/or am just stupid, but... could somebody tell me the step-by-step process of extracting all models and textures from the game? I'm still fairly new to all this, but I'm eager to get my hands on (and make use of) some of the models.

(On that note, I don't suppose anyone's thrown together a pack with all the weapon models and textures yet? Because that's my #1 priority.)
hhchunter
beginner

Post by hhchunter »

SmiffinWeffin wrote:Hey, another noob here. So, maybe I'm missing something obvious and/or am just stupid, but... could somebody tell me the step-by-step process of extracting all models and textures from the game? I'm still fairly new to all this, but I'm eager to get my hands on (and make use of) some of the models.

(On that note, I don't suppose anyone's thrown together a pack with all the weapon models and textures yet? Because that's my #1 priority.)
Here's a super quick breakdown.

Step 1. Extract the Game_Layer Archive using QuickBMS & the QuickBMS script, it should be the biggest file.

Step 2.
* Find all models using the model finder tool posted in this thread. They're normally .dat files.
* Convert all the .vap files extracted to .dds files using the texture tool posted in this thread.

Step 3. Open the models in blender using the blender addon.
Sir Kane
veteran

Post by Sir Kane »

https://sktest.aruarose.com/DXMDExtract_v002.7z

Due to the nature of the asset names, it produces filenames like "00BB10BBA81D424A.bin".
The actual names and their matching hashes go into NameMap.txt.
Last edited by Sir Kane on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SmiffinWeffin
ultra-n00b

Post by SmiffinWeffin »

hhchunter wrote:
SmiffinWeffin wrote:Hey, another noob here. So, maybe I'm missing something obvious and/or am just stupid, but... could somebody tell me the step-by-step process of extracting all models and textures from the game? I'm still fairly new to all this, but I'm eager to get my hands on (and make use of) some of the models.

Here's a super quick breakdown.

Step 1. Extract the Game_Layer Archive using QuickBMS & the QuickBMS script, it should be the biggest file.

Step 2.
* Find all models using the model finder tool posted in this thread. They're normally .dat files.
* Convert all the .vap files extracted to .dds files using the texture tool posted in this thread.

Step 3. Open the models in blender using the blender addon.
Exactly what I needed, thanks!
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Sir Kane wrote:http://sktest.aruarose.com/DXMDExtract.7z

Due to the nature of the asset names, it produces filenames like "00BB10BBA81D424A.bin".
The actual names and their matching hashes go into NameMap.txt.
Where was this 6 months ago? :P
But seriously, how is it determining the original filenames?
Sir Kane
veteran

Post by Sir Kane »

If you mean the asset names in NameMap.txt, those come from the pc_headerlib files.

I also figured most of it out a while ago, but never got around to make a fully functional tool.