Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

watch dogs 2 .dat .fat archive?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Xecutioner
beginner

Re: watch dogs 2 .dat .fat archive?

Post by Xecutioner »

Please help us
DigitalZky
ultra-n00b

Post by DigitalZky »

@Xecutioner @JimmyJ You can find both billboards textures and pers05.xbg on sanfrancisco.fat
Paul44
advanced

Scantool for game filename collection

Post by Paul44 »

As promised, find hereby my tool to collect filenames (as found/residing within particular filetypes). This (batch)tool makes use of 'Swiss File Knife', which is not included in the attachment. (you'll need to download the latest vs, and edit the batchfile accordingly)

Since filesize_limit is ridiculously low for this forum, one can download it here: (feel free to upload it to other filehost services)
- scan tool: [ https://www.4shared.com/archive/0aPfpgw ... n_v28.html ] ~ 1.5 MB
- updated filelist: [ https://www.4shared.com/archive/R8PLycU ... elist.html ] ~ 1.6 MB

Some remarks:
1. this tool is based on my experience with MGS5 (and has been posted as such on nexus). a few references can be found in it, but functionality remains the same.
2. the readme includes instructions on how to use it but - as said - it primarily explains how to use it for a mgs5 environment.
that said: you only need to concentrate on [Preparation: step 1. ] (since I've done most preparation work already)
also, the current scans should get you going as well...
3. the scans - i've done - are primarily performed on the '0x*' files; as I noticed that quite a few of them contained filename references. but the tool can scan any file (data, exe, memdump, etc)...
4. embedded files which are (have been) compiled, compressed, encrypted, etc will hardly return any results. if you know how to "undo" such action, obviously do so first...
5. I had no plans to actually scan this game; but thought it would be nice to make someone aware of it (based on some earlier posts). Iow I leave it for others to perform any 'full' scans. But you can always pm me if you need info/assistance.
Last edited by Paul44 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

After some research, I found out that the 3rd intro 'movie' is actually a flash file: [patch\ui\fire\bin\wd2bootsequence.feu]. At least, you'll find references to 'epilepsy' in there (but it probably grabs its full text from the appropriate language file).

@Ekey (or anyone with active flash dev experience): could you look into this, and shorten the delay to 1-2 secs ?
thx in advance,

UPDATE: I was able to pull the script info from that flash file (see attached). anyone with active Flash action script?
p

ps: to convert the file, check #Ekey's post on pg 7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Paul44 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xecutioner
beginner

Post by Xecutioner »

DigitalZky wrote:@Xecutioner @JimmyJ You can find both billboards textures and pers05.xbg on sanfrancisco.fat
Hi thanks for your response but i look all folder and i can't find any billboards, this is no like watch dogs 1 where billboards was located in "signs" folder
DigitalZky
ultra-n00b

Post by DigitalZky »

Xecutioner wrote:
DigitalZky wrote:@Xecutioner @JimmyJ You can find both billboards textures and pers05.xbg on sanfrancisco.fat
Hi thanks for your response but i look all folder and i can't find any billboards, this is no like watch dogs 1 where billboards was located in "signs" folder
Hmm, I've seen some files named billboard in that folder, but I'd recommend just searching for 'billboard' in the graphics folder and you'll get all the matching results
Xecutioner
beginner

Post by Xecutioner »

DigitalZky wrote:
Xecutioner wrote:
Hmm, I've seen some files named billboard in that folder, but I'd recommend just searching for 'billboard' in the graphics folder and you'll get all the matching results
Hi Thanks you! i finally found all things i wanted to find :)
PatrickJr
ultra-n00b

Post by PatrickJr »

Man, the talent here. Amazing.
I can't wait to see more cool stuff!

Edit: How would I add clothing for Marcus, for shits and giggles I'd love to have the police uniform, how would I go about doing this?
Xecutioner
beginner

Post by Xecutioner »

Please after 1 week i still dnt understand how to use WD2Pack.exe, nothing happens when i dragg the file into it and when i try to pack with "Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack" after i launch the game in the menu the game won't starte!

My game located in my "D" drive and all modification i do is on my deskpot.
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

@Xecutioner: you can NOT pack/unpack from the windows desktop (at least, I did not try it). You'll need to open a 'windows command prompt' (google!), and type the commands there. (see instruction steps here: [ viewtopic.php?p=127631#p127631 ]).

ps: glad you found 'everything'. care to updates us on what you've found where? (not for myself, but i'm sure others will appreciate your feedback)

-EDIT- 3x
This is "basic" stuff, but anyways: [ https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-way ... indows-10/ ] (most of this applies to Win 7 as well, which I'm using). I always use the [Shift + Right click] trick from within Windows explorer. And yes: you must (should?) un/pack within a temporary/working folder (and no: it is not a good idea to do that within your game folder ~ create one somewhere else, and when finished copy/paste modded files back to your game folder ~ and don't forget to backup...).
The 'commands' are "highlighted" by '=>' (ie pack/unpack & use Win explorer to do the necessary copy/pasting)

- as far as the textures is concerned: can't help there. check some billboards, see what is written on it, and try to search for that in the filelist (I remember finding a billboard in WD1 as it referred to a motel)
UPDATE: you should find all 'signs' under [graphics\_geometries\building_dressing\signs]. eg I saw a 'Brewed Delight' sign in a shopping mall; searched for 'brewed' and bingo... I expected xbt_file, and got one (if you do not know how to convert xbt to dds and back, read this topic)
- traffic density: I recall somebody else already asking for it (or you bumping the question). no idea: just keep googling, and it might pop up one day :D
UPDATE: check out "Variety Pack" for WD1 on Nexus. It contains - among others - a traffic density mod. The file you're looking for is [generated\databases\generic\trafficpatternselector.lib]. You can obviously NOT use this one. You'll need to figure out the difference between the original one (also comes with the pack) and the modded one (see attached). Once you know what needs to be edited, try that on the WD2 vs...
+attached: I made a xdelta comparaison between the original vs modded: you only need to change 4 xml files apparently. You will find the traffic_file in [common.dat] !
(I also added a comparaison of the 'highdensity' xml files - do the same for the other 3 xml files)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Paul44 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Xecutioner
beginner

Post by Xecutioner »

Paul44 wrote:@Xecutioner: you can NOT pack/unpack from the windows desktop (at least, I did not try it). You'll need to open a 'windows command prompt' (google!), and type the commands there. (see instruction steps here: [ viewtopic.php?p=127631#p127631 ]).

ps: glad you found 'everything'. care to updates us on what you've found where? (not for myself, but i'm sure others will appreciate your feedback)
Hi thanks to reply me but what du you say about "type the commands" ? can you give me a exemple ? (im big nooby)
(BTW, usually, i extract all files in my desktop and its working fin. Its just to repack is not clear for me)

So i need to make a folder into my game installation, and working in this folder ? unpack/repack ?

And about what i found, i found many textures in the _geometries, "building_dressing" folder located into graphics folder. but its no exactly the textures i wanted to find, because me i'm looking billboards accross the city, freeway etc and some shop signs but nothing at all :[

P.S What about increase cars density ?
zlksmlnu
n00b

Post by zlksmlnu »

Hello guys! Does anybody know where the radio songs is stored? I've found an album arts only. I want to add my own songs.

Code: Select all

Common.fat\ui\fire\sources\textures\ingame\apps\mediaplayer\albumart
Thanks in advance and good luck with modding mates!
zlksmlnu
n00b

Post by zlksmlnu »

Hello
Can somebody suggest how to extract gif(or videos) used as mission background in mission manager (like https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/watchd ... e_Game.jpg but animated) ? Or maybe usual filetype for such data.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

they are in video.fat/dat. They are in Bink video format. http://www.radgametools.com/bnkmain.htm
You can play them with the free bink player, but as far as converting to a GIF, I've never seen that anyone has made a Bink to [different format] converter. (hopefully someone will prove me wrong) :mrgreen:
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

The Radvideo tools come with a 'convert a file' option which allows you to convert the bink (vs 1 & 2) file to several formats (among others gif). In a worst scenario, one can convert it to avi; and proceed from there...