Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

watch dogs 2 .dat .fat archive?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: watch dogs 2 .dat .fat archive?

Post by volfin »

Must be something wrong with your setup, or your file is corrupted somehow. because A) DTX1 is one of the earliest and most standard formats, literally every app that supports DDS can open it.
And B): I tried it with every app I have, and all had no problem:

Photoshop with Nvida Plugin:

Photoshop with Intel texturworks plugin:

XnView:

IrfanView/Visual studio/ and so on and so on. nothing had any problem with it.
TigraPolosatiy
n00b

Post by TigraPolosatiy »

volfin wrote:Must be something wrong with your setup, or your file is corrupted somehow. because A) DTX1 is one of the earliest and most standard formats, literally every app that supports DDS can open it.
And B): I tried it with every app I have, and all had no problem:
IrfanView/Visual studio/ and so on and so on. nothing had any problem with it.
Look closely.
The problem not in
"fill_m_tor_jacketgoose01_iraq_c_high(med).xbt" but in
"fill_m_tor_jacketgoose01_iraq_mhd_high(med).xbt" textures group :)
Try to convert and open them.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

these ZOLA files are not DTX1, in fact I'd say they are not any graphics format. I scanned the source code to Nvidia's Texture Tools, and there's no ZOLA FOUR_CC code anywhere in their code.

The name ZOLA however brings up interesting pages.
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=28146 ... N=56218111

Jaroslaw Zola co-wrote a paper on Dimensionality reduction using GPUs.

So one can theorize a few things:
A) it's some format Nvida hasn't release publically.
B) it's a format Ubisoft developed internally.

and
A) it's probably something used for CUDA Compute to do who knows what.

But it's likely not image data.
TigraPolosatiy
n00b

Post by TigraPolosatiy »

volfin wrote:these ZOLA files are not DTX1, in fact I'd say they are not any graphics format. I scanned the source code to Nvidia's Texture Tools, and there's no ZOLA FOUR_CC code anywhere in their code.

The name ZOLA however brings up interesting pages.
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=28146 ... N=56218111

Jaroslaw Zola co-wrote a paper on Dimensionality reduction using GPUs.

So one can theorize a few things:
A) it's some format Nvida hasn't release publically.
B) it's a format Ubisoft developed internally.

and
A) it's probably something used for CUDA Compute to do who knows what.

But it's likely not image data.
Hmm. But it has to be. Because the group has the the prefixes "c" (color), "high" (1024x1024), "med" (512x512) like other textures.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

If they are using them as source data for a GPU computation, then of course they have multiple sizes to match texture resolution. Doesn't mean it is a texture. If you have diffuse/normal/and specular, then this texture is unnecessary.

I mean what exactly is missing from this shirt that you dont' see on the texture I posted above? nothing. that's all there is to it.

Anyway you're welcome to spend the rest of your life looking for the Loch Ness monster in the files. No skin off my nose. :)
TigraPolosatiy
n00b

Post by TigraPolosatiy »

volfin wrote:If they are using them as source data for a GPU computation, then of course they have multiple sizes to match texture resolution. Doesn't mean it is a texture. If you have diffuse/normal/and specular, then this texture is unnecessary.

I mean what exactly is missing from this shirt that you dont' see on the texture I posted above? nothing. that's all there is to it.

Anyway you're welcome to spend the rest of your life looking for the Loch Ness monster in the files. No skin off my nose. :)
Hahahah :D
How about orange waistcoat itself? There should be texture for this part :scaredy:
TigraPolosatiy
n00b

Post by TigraPolosatiy »

CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

Does someone want to help me with making the spider drone available in free roam?
It's possible to order the spider drone via Car on Demand but it's completely broken.
Atm I don't know if the game handles it as a vehicle or as a character...
Maybe the solution is to make the game load the spider's model instead of Marcus - or maybe we have to change the object properties (the files that define if a vehicle is enterable or hackable, etc.) cause in the mission it's a hackable object, but I don't know where this is located or maybe it's hardcoded?

This would be the biggest mod if we manage to figure it out!

Maybe the mission scripts help us with this, if someone here has lua coding knowledge cause they're lua files (decompilable with unluac). The first game could read decompiled lua scripts without compiling again (which is impossible).
redcomet
advanced

Post by redcomet »

CobraGamer wrote:Does someone want to help me with making the spider drone available in free roam?
It's possible to order the spider drone via Car on Demand but it's completely broken.
Atm I don't know if the game handles it as a vehicle or as a character...
Maybe the solution is to make the game load the spider's model instead of Marcus - or maybe we have to change the object properties (the files that define if a vehicle is enterable or hackable, etc.) cause in the mission it's a hackable object, but I don't know where this is located or maybe it's hardcoded?

This would be the biggest mod if we manage to figure it out!

Maybe the mission scripts help us with this, if someone here has lua coding knowledge cause they're lua files (decompilable with unluac). The first game could read decompiled lua scripts without compiling again (which is impossible).
you can change wrench's robot to mini spider drone without any problem,but if you change any vehicle to it,it will be broken.
dracconus
ultra-n00b

Post by dracconus »

So since the WD2 game already has Patch.dat/fat what would I do if I wanted to change things that were in the engine settings of the common.dat/fat files without recompressing the entire thing into an "on the fly patch?"
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

@redcomet: Thanks for the tip! Maybe through editing of the mission xml in missionlist.lib we can change the spawn point - that's what I'm after now.

But it's important that we find the settings of the archetypes, they got to be somewhere!
del721rx
ultra-n00b

Post by del721rx »

Hi :) I unpacked patch.fat, and there are many files, what to do with these files? Sorry, I'm a noob, just need Wrench model files

(Sorry for my bad english)
Lizzierawr
ultra-n00b

Post by Lizzierawr »

Is it possible to add clothes in the game to a store or directly to the wardrobe ? Missed out on some leaderboard rewards and would love to add them to the wardrobe in the game.
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

Yes, it's possible to unlock the dlc outfits. You just have to edit the availability rules in the clothing xml in items.lib (set 0F43A933 54D14F92 and 4CAAD60F values to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Is there any progress on the spider tank or the archetype settings?
machine4578
ultra-n00b

Post by machine4578 »

CobraGamer wrote:Yes, it's possible to unlock the dlc outfits. You just have to edit the availability rules in the clothing xml in items.lib (set 0F43A933 54D14F92 and 4CAAD60F values to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Is there any progress on the spider tank or the archetype settings?
thanks for the info, but in the Clothing_Bundles.Leaderboard.Leaderboard_Bundle.xml, those 3 rules you mentioned are already set to all F's. am i missing something else here?

these are the default values already in xml
<field hash="0F43A933" type="BinHex">FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF</field>
<field hash="54D14F92" type="BinHex">FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF</field>
<field hash="4CAAD60F" type="BinHex">FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF</field>

thanks to all who made this possible to unpack the files! and further help unlocks these outfits is appreciated!

-edit-

nevermind, thanks to a friend i found the correct files and all 12 leaderboard unlocks work :)
Last edited by machine4578 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.