Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil animations

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Resident Evil animations

Post by PredatorCZ »

Type 6 looks promising so far. What a horror it was to get it to work.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

New version that will probably export ALL biped animations, including some biped things I've seen today. Never played this game btw. Its now hardcoded to make IK toe bones from tracks number 13 and 17. Which seems to be same for all bi-peds. The tool failed before because of some bones not remapped to the model. Strange.

It still lacks support for many unknown bone types.
rubening wrote:im gona try to find someone who can help me to do that attaching those bones. with chain length 3.
Any luck with that?
Last edited by daemon1 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bastien
advanced

Post by Bastien »

Brilliant work. It's amazing to see so much progress in a few days after years.
Thanks also PredatorCZ for posting some structures, animations are new to me and I find them fascinating to research.

Could you share your new findings? Probably I can't contribute much new research, but I certainly want to understand the format and be able to export animations back to the game.
Gistix
n00b

Post by Gistix »

I second the motion! I would also like to know your new findings since I got stuck while trying to import this format myself, I'm still puzzled.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Ok today I plan to add root rotation and static positions/rotations, this should fix the remaining problems and then I can explain you the "new findings".
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Making some final tests. This pack is now fully working. Some animations include only upper or lower body half, or only fingers (like in the end). I had to include the initial pose before each motion to make it all export correctly.

https://youtu.be/X4tXTpJacXk

Sheba action pack:

https://youtu.be/J9VyHnQ0crw
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Ok, except some rare problems that sometimes happen with high heels, looks like everything's exporting fine. These are some examples of package em84. Probably cutscenes:
https://youtu.be/te2Vvbex_hw
Some movements:
https://youtu.be/YZio9sT7CTc
And some more actions:
https://youtu.be/WcU4mTFugKM

I'm going to publish the new version soon. Need to make some final checks. I found that some anims have hands IK, these will NOT work correctly, but I've only seen this is static poses, so I hope this is not needed, at least for now.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Tool published at first post. Now its REALLY exports most animations properly.
Gistix
n00b

Post by Gistix »

Thanks a lot! I would just like to mention that em84 is a boss and that the animations inside em84evt are animations that actually play on the player when you interact with the boss.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Gistix wrote:Thanks a lot! I would just like to mention that em84 is a boss and that the animations inside em84evt are animations that actually play on the player when you interact with the boss.
Oh, you never know. They look good on that girl.

So since I don't exactly know about "old findings" I'm not sure what "new findings" you'd like to know. As I said, rotations are saved as quats, 4 x 14 bits, signed integers. Divide each number by 4096, you get quat components.

From all bones, only toes are not normal bones, but actually IK targets for toes.

Bone -1 is root bone.
Bone -2 I'm not sure, maybe related to weapon or something, has many tracks, up to 8 or 9. I didn't try exporting it.
Modman69
veteran

Post by Modman69 »

Awesome Work!

Animations are the cherry on the cake:)

I wonder if this will work on other RE titles
Gistix
n00b

Post by Gistix »

daemon1 wrote:
Gistix wrote:Thanks a lot! I would just like to mention that em84 is a boss and that the animations inside em84evt are animations that actually play on the player when you interact with the boss.
Oh, you never know. They look good on that girl.

So since I don't exactly know about "old findings" I'm not sure what "new findings" you'd like to know. As I said, rotations are saved as quats, 4 x 14 bits, signed integers. Divide each number by 4096, you get quat components.

From all bones, only toes are not normal bones, but actually IK targets for toes.

Bone -1 is root bone.
Bone -2 I'm not sure, maybe related to weapon or something, has many tracks, up to 8 or 9. I didn't try exporting it.
Can't speak for Bastien but that is all I wanted to know really, I was thinking that rotations were stored in some weird half-float format...
rubening
beginner

Post by rubening »

thank you soooooooooooo much DAEMON!
thank you for your time and effor! thank you really!!!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

rubening wrote:thank you soooooooooooo much DAEMON!
I hope you will enjoy the animations. Also check it in RE6. Did you manage to get IK chains working?
rubening
beginner

Post by rubening »

daemon1 wrote:
rubening wrote:thank you soooooooooooo much DAEMON!
I hope you will enjoy the animations. Also check it in RE6. Did you manage to get IK chains working?
i managed to open in maya but now the problem i have is,... i even created the ik of the toe to the calv bones, but i still need the locator and constrain ik target to it.

https://youtu.be/ut9zwbYYAVE

and i dont know why it has 2 knee bones for example.. bone 114 and 117 are in the same place. but 117 doesnt have children, same with the other leg..