Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil 7 demo PAK file

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Resident Evil 7 demo PAK file

Post by Ekey »

List is updated. Removed unused names and duplicates (only unique names). Added ~800 names > Update 8.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

michalss wrote:Anyone found the font files pls ? I have try to extract all dds and i did but i was not able to identify the font file except this oft files in IU folder, but data from that files does not mean anything for me. Can anyone pls have a look, at least tell me what format is that? We figured out the new message format, it also mess and a complete a new structure.. :( Im working on the tool to mod the game but without possibility to do localization i will leave it, coz we need only loc the game at this moment. Only obstacle is damn stupid fonts.. I dont think that font is in tex file...

Code: Select all

http://dropmefiles.com/l8VDN

Thx
Fonts are encrypted (In Open Type Format). I wrote small tool for decrypt and encrypt it. Simpe usage:

RE7.Fonts.CryptTool <mScrFile> <mDstFile>
Note: If you want to view font > after decrypt you need open in hex editor output file and remove first 4 bytes (FBFO) + you need also change extension to .OTF. Example on fot-newcinemaastd-d.oft.1

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
35234917DOTmp4
n00b

Post by 35234917DOTmp4 »

michalss wrote:Anyone found the font files pls ? I have try to extract all dds and i did but i

Thx
Why you ignoring my question?!
How did you extract the dds from a tex file?!
michalss

Post by michalss »

Ekey wrote:
michalss wrote:Anyone found the font files pls ? I have try to extract all dds and i did but i was not able to identify the font file except this oft files in IU folder, but data from that files does not mean anything for me. Can anyone pls have a look, at least tell me what format is that? We figured out the new message format, it also mess and a complete a new structure.. :( Im working on the tool to mod the game but without possibility to do localization i will leave it, coz we need only loc the game at this moment. Only obstacle is damn stupid fonts.. I dont think that font is in tex file...

Thx
Fonts are encrypted (In Open Type Format). I wrote small tool for decrypt and encrypt it. Simpe usage:

Note: If you want to view font > after decrypt you need open in hex editor output file and remove first 4 bytes (FBFO) + you need also change extension to .OTF. Example on fot-newcinemaastd-d.oft.1

Thx a lot ekey, i had no idea :D thx again You are rly good mate... Ekey can you please tell me how this files been encrypted ?
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
michalss

Post by michalss »

35234917DOTmp4 wrote:
michalss wrote:Anyone found the font files pls ? I have try to extract all dds and i did but i

Thx
Why you ignoring my question?!
How did you extract the dds from a tex file?!
simple answer coz i have not sort out the all headers and i dont rly need it anymore since good man ekey sort out the fonts :D. So will write archive repacker and text repacker i guess.. Not sure when but i guess i will :D

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

michalss wrote: Thx a lot ekey, i had no idea :D thx again You are rly good mate... Ekey can you please tell me how this files been encrypted ?
In fact is the simple xor, key must be generated from simple seed and file size.

PS: Has anyone figured out with unknown value(s) after dwFlag in Entries? I tried different variants hashing (32/64), like: Compressed Data, Uncompressed Data, Directory Path, File Extension, also check File Date & Time and etc, but no luck. :constipated:
michalss

Post by michalss »

Ekey wrote:
michalss wrote: Thx a lot ekey, i had no idea :D thx again You are rly good mate... Ekey can you please tell me how this files been encrypted ?
In fact is the simple xor, key must be generated from simple seed and file size.

PS: Has anyone figured out with unknown value(s) after dwFlag in Entries? I tried different variants hashing (32/64), like: Compressed Data, Uncompressed Data, Directory Path, File Extension, also check File Date & Time and etc, but no luck. :constipated:
Looks like crc kind of, but im not sure about it. I just hope it does not affect the repacking.

tice17
ultra-n00b

Post by tice17 »

I have a localization project for this game, can somebody make interface based editing program for text files? :) would realy appreciate it.

and for fonts and bms script, really thx ekey, you are da man :)
MuratG
advanced

Post by MuratG »

Ekey wrote:

Thx

Is not a font file

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

MuratG wrote:Is not a font file
What? Output file in your screenshot is fot-newcinemaastd-d.oft.1.dec, you need change extension .oft.1.dec to .otf => fot-newcinemaastd-d.otf
MuratG
advanced

Post by MuratG »

Ekey wrote:
MuratG wrote:Is not a font file
What? Output file in your screenshot is fot-newcinemaastd-d.oft.1.dec, you need change extension .oft.1.dec to .otf => fot-newcinemaastd-d.otf

Thanks
urao
ultra-n00b

Post by urao »

Thanks
Last edited by urao on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michalss

Post by michalss »

Ekey wrote:Small list update. Added ~400 names > Update 8

PS: Thanks to Haoose & DimJones.

Can you please reupload it ekey ? Thx

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

35234917DOTmp4
n00b

Post by 35234917DOTmp4 »

No updates?
Any idea how i can help finding all files?