Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Crew fat/dat archives

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
viruscn
n00b

Re: The Crew fat/dat archives

Post by viruscn »

the topic is not died./
SoniKalien
beginner

Post by SoniKalien »

Faalagorn wrote:... the newest FileNames.list is outdated now, I have a question:
where do the filenames come from and is there a possibility to update them by yourself easily? The file itself is plain text, but I honestly have no idea where the file names come from.
Ekey wrote:You can get new names from game memory and add in FileNames.list
Can somebody please expand on this? I wish to update the file list because there are still a lot of things missing and the game has been updated significantly since.
ilufir
ultra-n00b

Post by ilufir »

Okaaaaay... It's been too silent here
The Crew is temporarily free on Uplay, so... I got it and you know... Why is this topic so silent? No one has imported the map, which is strange, because the map is AMAZING!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Ekey wrote:You can get new names from game memory and add in FileNames.list
Indeed, if wed know how to perform that "game memory" to extract full list and updated would be great, anyone knows how?
So many of us can help, just give us clue as to how to perform it, tools/utilities, etc etc etc

cheers
Last edited by mono24 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wakka387
beginner

Post by Wakka387 »

[bruce]

would be good to see some more progress on this, as I have the game files sitting here after installing the game this morning.

would look beautiful in GTA :lol:
Just a Modder of GTA SA and Resident Evil 4
Justdragos
advanced

Post by Justdragos »

Just found something that mihgt help you guys
http://gamemodels.ru/tutorials/article/ ... ew-models/
headrushmayor
beginner

Post by headrushmayor »

Hi all i work out how edit audio sound files took bit time i edit wav but not ogg so far, I just tryed same setting with ogg files and works so u all start edit engine sounds now thank to you all for hard work and doing dat unpacker biggest thx's to Chipicao for making program.
General
Complete name : C:\Users\andrew\Documents\The Crew\mods\vehicles_sounds\IL6_BMW_Z4_OFF_01_RACING\IL6_BMW_Z4_Idle_RACING.wav
Format : Wave
File size : 57.2 KiB
Duration : 2 s 168 ms
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 216 kb/s

Audio
Format : ADPCM
Codec ID : 11
Codec ID/Hint : Intel
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 216 kb/s
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth : 4 bits
Stream size : 57.2 KiB (100%)
ok just playing around file in Audacity got it work have do import raw data
encoding. unsingned 8 bit pcm
byte order. no endianness
channels. 1 channel [mono]
start offset. 0
amount to import. 100%
sample rate 48000
now edit them but were or what do after that get them work in game.
u need export audio go options set to quality 0 save it to ogg. u play them in vlc player.
headrushmayor
beginner

Post by headrushmayor »

headrushmayor wrote:Hi all i work out how edit audio sound files took bit time i edit wav but not ogg so far, I just tryed same setting with ogg files and works so u all start edit engine sounds now thank to you all for hard work and doing dat unpacker biggest thx's to Chipicao for making program.
General
Complete name : C:\Users\andrew\Documents\The Crew\mods\vehicles_sounds\IL6_BMW_Z4_OFF_01_RACING\IL6_BMW_Z4_Idle_RACING.wav
Format : Wave
File size : 57.2 KiB
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 216 kb/s

Audio
Format : ADPCM
Codec ID : 11
Codec ID/Hint : Intel
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 216 kb/s
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth : 4 bits
Stream size : 57.2 KiB (100%)
ok just playing around file in Audacity got it work have do import raw data
encoding. unsingned 8 bit pcm
byte order. no endianness
channels. 1 channel [mono]
start offset. 0
amount to import. 100%
sample rate 48000
now edit them but were or what do after that get them work in game.
u need export audio go options set to quality 0 save it to ogg. u play them in vlc player.
for audio info get this program. https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
headrushmayor
beginner

Post by headrushmayor »

ok so trying work out ogg files i try lot programs edit them but not much luck here screen shot of format so anyone help me edit them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
headrushmayor
beginner

Post by headrushmayor »

Hi all so played with ogg file could not read or play them so look on google for fsb to ogg so found program it unpack them fmod_extractors.rar,
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1901
Required DLL's download them put same folder then just drag over the ogg to fmod_extr.exe it unpack to same folder the files are in start to edit.
i want edit turbo and other trans sound as well and found great audio edit do wav and ogg not Audacity as hate ogg found this one it 10x better
Audiodope it free as well easy use, there just 1000's file to edit,
Can edit program dat unpacker do txt files as trying find engine and game files so edit sounds in file not audio.
Sorry for my spelling i have XXY my words or txt hard read i try my best hope understand.
AA97
ultra-n00b

Post by AA97 »

Has anyone completely sorted all the files?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

I am so ready and so willing to help, in making the new list, fully if possible.
I just would like those with knowledge, to point me in the right direction as to how one can perform proper memory dump of the game and how do you view the list names and analyze the dump.

For instance, if I dump the game memory data using task manager while the game is running, it dumps over 3GB, and then I try to analyze it with WinDbg, but no matter what commands I throw at it, it can not load symbols in order to open the dump data.
Is there another step I am missing?
Is anyone willing to help and point in to the right direction?
Tools utilities software anything, sooooooo many of us can help and contribute, I get that the forum has a bad reputation with begging and annoying users with very bad requests, and get ignored for good reason.
But id really like to genuinely help, I am not a coder programmer etc etc, but if pointed in the right direction, miracles can happen.

If by some reason no one wants to share the info publicly, PM can always be used, please and thank you, lets communicate and make things work.

cheers
havatan10
ultra-n00b

Post by havatan10 »

are we able to export also map/terrain meshes and buildings or does it only work for vehicles? anyone tried with terrain/buildings so far ?
headrushmayor
beginner

Post by headrushmayor »

hi there is list all files in game it in data_win32/Projects/FileNames.list i don't if got this file list in your game, there only 19 car sounds files i have not found bikes or all other car sounds or 4x4 monster truck sounds as so many cars in this game must using same sounds, i edit the engine sound Audiodope they sound better or take sounds out other car games add them u hear on my side but don't if hear on your side.
For life of me i don't if dat unpacker will find txt files as can't find car engine sound txt or other game setting if they in game must be xbt they texture files, when open sound file in Audiodope they sound so sweet but soon back in game they sound crap like game putting dull mute on files or there blocker on how good game sound can be, they so clear but not best record of sounds lot pops and crackles in files i don't if Audiodope doing to sounds but they not best like other games engines sounds. sum of files same as codemasters grid dev.xml is same different company but same file.
I find if use FsbExtractor.exe not as good as using fmod_extr.exe seem do sounds better for fsb files.just wish way repack the fsb files and repack the dat files so work in game better.
I made mod folder in my document/the crew seem make files work in game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
headrushmayor
beginner

Post by headrushmayor »

havatan10 wrote:are we able to export also map/terrain meshes and buildings or does it only work for vehicles? anyone tried with terrain/buildings so far ?
texture file are xbt i don't how open them my try 3DSMax export value. here list one files.
<Profile>
<!-- CrashHandlerConfig -->
<CrashHandlerConfig
IsActive="0"
IsDebug="0"
PCInGameEditorExecNamePrefix="fc2editor"
PCEditorExecNamePrefix="editor"
PCEngineExecNamePrefix="farcry2"

so they using farcry2 editor for game it seems.
programs i use are
fmod_extr.exe/FsbExtractor.exe = fsb
DATUnpacker.exe = dat/fat files
Ravioli explorer get texture out the dat files if big file my take bit time get them. u use on any game as it will unpack other files as well.
Gibbed tool for other games as well.
iripper.exe to edit texture files hard to find this program.
Audiodope.exe do all my sound editing.
hope this help you out. if know other programs u use pop them up help others as well.