Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
snowboundmage
advanced

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by snowboundmage »

Robo911 wrote:I've been digging around using these tools but havent been able to find what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'm looking for the furniture in Adam Jensen's apartment because I love that neo-baroque style and I wanted to mess around with it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, i'd be very happy.
The furniture is in there, you just have to manually search every single dat file for it.

Also, erik945, your mass import/export script doesnt work on all .dat files for some reason, here's an example EDIT: NVM, apparently Volfin updating his script fixed it

Code: Select all

https://www.mediafire.com/?w76ac4e2902h6hn
A pair of arms that imports/exports no problem when done by file>import, but not recognized by your script. Any clue why?

And while the attachment is there, how about a looksie Volfin? When exported to fbx and opened in max, the legs/feet/arms/eyes/eyelashes are fine, but the head and jacket don't seem to have any UVs. Any reason for that?
Last edited by snowboundmage on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

Well, I've already converted all .dat and .vap files what I have so there small pack for Jensen/Alex fans :wink:
But there are some problems: missing/wrong UV's, missing textures(Adam's glasses and some other because BC7 and BC4 formats of textures not converts correctly).
Hope that volfin will fix it :)

P.S. All models in .obj format here (without textures and sources .dat files! Pay attention that it's not all files - QuickBMS script give me an error on 9% of game archive.)
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

aspadm wrote:Well, I've already converted all .dat and .vap files what I have so there small pack for Jensen/Alex fans :wink:
But there are some problems: missing/wrong UV's, missing textures(Adam's glasses and some other because BC7 and BC4 formats of textures not converts correctly).

P.S. All models in .obj format here (without textures and sources .dat files! Pay attention that it's not all files - QuickBMS script give me an error on 9% of game archive.)
Well I would try to fix, if I had examples. Without examples, I can do nothing.
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

volfin wrote: Well I would try to fix, if I had examples. Without examples, I can do nothing.
Check my post above, i got an example for ya(for missing uv's anyway)

aspadm wrote:missing textures(Adam's glasses and some other because BC7 and BC4 formats of textures not converts correctly).
Are you sure the textures are glitched or can you just not open them. If you can't open them, get this https://software.intel.com/en-us/articl ... rks-plugin
aspadm wrote: QuickBMS script give me an error on 9% of game archive.
Was this the error? Cause if so, then I also got what you got.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

snowboundmage wrote:Check my post above, i got an example for ya(for missing uv's anyway)
Ah I missed that note to me at the end. Here's a version that fixes that. Was a new block size on UVs the script didn't handle. It may fix all the missing UVs you've been seeing, but if not, send me another example.

And as for the textures, yes, you need something that handles DX10 formats. The tool only converts when it's 100% sure about the format, if it doesn't know for sure the format, it prints an error message "Unknown Format %d\n" (which I hope would get people to submit the file for identification). So chances of it being converted incorrectly are low. But anything could happen within the realm of possibility.
Last edited by volfin on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

volfin wrote:
snowboundmage wrote:Check my post above, i got an example for ya(for missing uv's anyway)
Ah I missed that note to me at the end. Here's a version that fixes that. Was a new block size on UVs the script didn't handle. It may fix all the missing UVs you've been seeing, but if not, send me another example.
io_scene_DeusEx-MD.zip
Thanks! Will let you know if I find any more problems.

EDIT:
Well, the missing uv's now seem to work, if a little misplaced.

EDITAGAIN:
They aren't in the wrong position, there just not exactly scaled right
see here: http://imgur.com/a/RRX4C
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

yes, unfortunately some games have this problem. (Watchdogs 1 and 2 for instance). I know with that game there's so far no solution but to adjust the UV's manually. It's because they do UV manipulation in the shader.

I'll see if there's anything that can be done in this case. But no promises.
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

Here's another UV problem.

https://www.mediafire.com/?b5o07zzxgm715of
volfin wrote:yes, unfortunately some games have this problem. (Watchdogs 1 and 2 for instance). I know with that game there's so far no solution but to adjust the UV's manually. It's because they do UV manipulation in the shader.

I'll see if there's anything that can be done in this case. But no promises.
Don't stress too much about it, it is a pretty simple fix for most models(but that simple fix does seem to not work right with textures like hair, where the rezised UV's can go anywhere, making it difficult to pick exactly what type of hair texture a certain hair model has)
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

I think I got very lucky and figured it out. I thought it was a good test case that the jacket itself lined up nearly perfectly, and the sleeves were so incredibly small. I was right. I was able to identify 4 floats in the model definition that seem to correspond to U_Scale, V_Scale, and U_Offset, V_Offset

After a test run in my debugger I got this:

Looks spot on. So let me implement this in my code, and take a look at that file you just posted and i'll be back in a bit with a new, improved version. (and then later I'll have to go see if this applies to Hitman too)

Edit: Newer version below.
Last edited by volfin on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

Another busted UV for you, if you would so kindly take a look at it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?k145eljyqk31bn1
And from what I have tested so far, all working uvs seem to be the right size, so congrats on that :)

EDIT:
Here's one with some inconsistant UV scaling, different from straight up broken like above

https://www.mediafire.com/?39yjb70a69bkwxn
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

Anybody found inventory models (weapons,implants,e.t.c.)?
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

volfin wrote: Edit: Newest version. Fixes everything, Whoot! 8)
Yeah, it's work :)
Because I don't found normal maps in game archives, I use Ninja ripper so here archieve with all textures and some models of Adam Jensen. Enjoy!

P.S. His hairs and beard - another textures that using nvidia hairworks, but it aren't here.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

snowboundmage wrote:Another busted UV for you, if you would so kindly take a look at it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?k145eljyqk31bn1
And from what I have tested so far, all working uvs seem to be the right size, so congrats on that :)

EDIT:
Here's one with some inconsistant UV scaling, different from straight up broken like above

https://www.mediafire.com/?39yjb70a69bkwxn
yep whoops. I forgot to factor in a block of skipped data when calculating the UV block size. only a very few models have this skipped block.

Fixed.

As for the askew UVs, they are actually fine. there's some models that actually have two sets of UVs. one is for effects, the other is for the texture.

Effect UVs:

Texture UVs:

So just be sure to use the right UVs. you can delete the other if not wanted.
Last edited by volfin on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

I think something bad happened.
I uninstalled the old version, now it's gone. I installed the new version, now it's not showing up, in the plugins menu and the File>import>dat option doesn't exist anymore. Never had this problem with updating your script before.
EDIT: Well, manually copying the addon folder into the blender appdata folder seems to have done the trick, did something change with the folder layout in the zip? Cause apparently ctrl+alt+u>"install from file" didn't seem to work like the last few updates.
EDITAGAIN: Didn't work as well as I thought. Shows up in menus now, but don't seem to import anything. Now I'm getting this:Image
regardless of what .dat I import
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

snowboundmage wrote:I think something bad happened.
I uninstalled the old version, now it's gone. I installed the new version, now it's not showing up, in the plugins menu and the File>import>dat option doesn't exist anymore. Never had this problem with updating your script before.
EDIT: Well, manually copying the addon folder into the blender appdata folder seems to have done the trick, did something change with the folder layout in the zip? Cause apparently ctrl+alt+u>"install from file" didn't seem to work like the last few updates.
EDITAGAIN: Didn't work as well as I thought. Shows up in menus now, but don't seem to import anything. Now I'm getting this:Image
regardless of what .dat I import
Derp. I packaged it wrong. sorry.

Edit: new file in subsequent post.
Last edited by volfin on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.