Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Watch Dogs XBG models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Watch Dogs XBG models

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Vaako
advanced

Post by Lord Vaako »

SE/32bit plugins are updated - file dates 20-12-2016, but 64bit isn't - file date 01-01-2015.
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Wakka387
beginner

Post by Wakka387 »

Wobble wrote:
Lord Vaako wrote:final example.
Yep, it changed. :)

It follows the old format, but there was a version bump, so there are some new bits here and there.
The old scripts won't load the new models.

A character model would probably show where all the changes are, but this is just a flat minimap of San Francisco:
minimap.JPG
a step in the right direction in terms of the map. despite it being just a minimap, progress is still progress

:D keep up the good work
volfin wrote:
Lord Vaako wrote:is Watch Dogs 2 XBG format the same? does blender script work? I can't check it myself yet.
I guess you missed this thread, they are way past worrying about model format, and working on replacing models.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15567
if only I had the money to buy this :[ then I could replace the shitty "generic mexican gang" with actual San Francisco/Oakland Norteno Gang models that I got from someone a long while ago.

because fuck Ubisoft for messing up the mexican gangs of the Bay Area [bruce]
Just a Modder of GTA SA and Resident Evil 4
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

ss4gogeta0 wrote:if only I had the money to buy this :[ then I could replace the shitty "generic mexican gang" with actual San Francisco/Oakland Norteno Gang models that I got from someone a long while ago.
Don't worry, today I start on the free importer. I'm already off to a good start:

Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Ok, here's the first release of Watchdogs 2 importer for blender.

I have to say this format is probably the worst model format I've ever seen. I did my best with what I had to work with.

As stated by Wobble, the UV coordinates are arbitrarily scaled, so while models will have UV maps, they will likely not be the right scale or position for their matching texture. You may have to do your own adjustment.

I ran the importer through all the samples posted to this thread, it correctly loads all except for 2, these two supply face data outside the assigned face parameters. As models have multiple materials, it's unclear what material these should be assigned to. (it's a really bad format heh). So for now I skip them. Thankfully that type of model seems pretty rare. If I figure out a way to reliably determine their material assignment, I'll fix that problem.
if you see a model with a material named "Base" or "Base.00x", it's a sign some faces were skipped.

The importer will try to import a texture, if the proper files are in the proper places (model, material, and textures are in folders as extracted). but often the necessary material files are missing, so don't count on it.

As well there's always the possibility there's a format or crazy configuration of the bloated model format I've not run across, if you find a model that doesn't load at all, let me know.

The importer is for Blender 2.70 and above, and if you need to know how to install, see my previous tutorial here:
viewtopic.php?p=103131#p103131

Enjoy.

P.S. I also want to thank and credit Szkaradek123 for his Watchdogs 1 Blender importer, which I borrowed a couple functions out of (the "Skip a big mess" and "xbt 2 DDS" functions.

Edit: newer version below.
Last edited by volfin on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haytham
n00b

Post by Haytham »

Please! Created new watch dogs 1 and watch dogs 2 blender import/export script for blender versions 2.7x!
lolwatt
veteran

Post by lolwatt »

Haytham wrote:Please! Created new watch dogs 1 and watch dogs 2 blender import/export script for blender versions 2.7x!
Or you can download the older Blender version and use it. lol
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Haytham wrote:Please! Created new watch dogs 1 and watch dogs 2 blender import/export script for blender versions 2.7x!
I just released a Watchdogs 2 blender Import for 2.7x above... Sure no export. as I said, format is a nightmare. there's just too much unknown to ever reliably recreate a valid xbg.

I could go back and do one for Watchdogs 1, I may do that one day. but not a high priority atm.
Haytham
n00b

Post by Haytham »

volfin wrote:
I just released a Watchdogs 2 blender Import for 2.7x above... Sure no export. as I said, format is a nightmare. there's just too much unknown to ever reliably recreate a valid xbg.

I could go back and do one for Watchdogs 1, I may do that one day. but not a high priority atm.
Thank's! :)
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Minor Update:
- Ensure Object mode is active before attempting import
- Validated functionality back to Blender version 2.70 (oldest supported)

Edit: newer version below.
Last edited by volfin on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExQualityZ
ultra-n00b

Post by ExQualityZ »

When i import someone eg: Wrench i only get his hands and pants (Only lower part of the character)
is it normal?
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

ExQualityZ wrote:When i import someone eg: Wrench i only get his hands and pants (Only lower part of the character)
is it normal?
Might be, a lot of models are split up into multiple sections. but I'd have to see the file in question to say for sure.
jooped
n00b

Post by jooped »

It seems like none of the main characters load fully.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0x2u25us6 ... terest.zip