Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Quantum Break .RMDP

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: [PC] Quantum Break .RMDP

Post by volfin »

trexjones wrote:Thanks Volfin! And thanks for doing the hard yards on this! I'm forever grateful for your work on getting the Alien: Isolation models bones, and looking forward to poking around with these!

Out of curiosity, could this same tool be applied to Alan Wake models? Or are they already available with their rigging?

I think there should be some tools out for Alan Wake already, the game has been out for so many years now. I doubt this tool would work with it.
dante h3
n00b

Post by dante h3 »

hi everyone.
I want to translate this game.
I know font is in binfnt format and I can search for dds,
But that is not enough.
I need to change other things too.
things like x, y, height, width and...
Does anyone know how I can change this sort of things?

sorry for my bad English and thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/snkno ... _Fonts.zip
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

how come there is an "invalid header file" error when trying to load the normal maps to 3dmaxs unreal engine or anyother photo app or even attempting to convert it fails. the only thing that can open it is the nvidia dds viewer which is kinda pointless.
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

is it possible to rip the animation file (the AAA file i believe)?
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

i made an application that automatically attaches every model with their texture files. but i need help with the animation file. please someone help.

paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

is this game moddable yet?
markem
ultra-n00b

Post by markem »

Hey guys,

I'm looking for that Alan Wake chalk board from the beginning of the game.

I'm running into issues because I've gone through a ton of the textures and couldn't find it - could it possibly be a different file that's not actually a texture?

Any info on it would help greatly!

Thanks
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

markem wrote:Hey guys,

I'm running into issues because I've gone through a ton of the textures and couldn't find it - could it possibly be a different file that's not actually a texture?

Thanks
The furthest I can trace it is, the lecture hall meshes are in the folder "batch16"
the "blackboard_blackboard.binfbx.meta" points to a texture in "sourcedata\\textures\\ringtail\\batch16\\blackboard.tga"

However, there's no "batch16" folder in the "ringtail" folder, so it appears to be missing... perhaps it's packaged in the language-specific packages.
markem
ultra-n00b

Post by markem »

volfin wrote:
markem wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks
The furthest I can trace it is, the lecture hall meshes are in the folder "batch16"
the "blackboard_blackboard.binfbx.meta" points to a texture in "sourcedata\\textures\\ringtail\\batch16\\blackboard.tga"

However, there's no "batch16" folder in the "ringtail" folder, so it appears to be missing... perhaps it's packaged in the language-specific packages.
Smart. I'll keep searching - thank you! :D
markem
ultra-n00b

Post by markem »

Curses. I loaded the game in spanish language and speech and it turns out the board is still in english... hm.

I have a strange feeling that much like the video monitors, there's a good chance it's all sitting in one place to be called from on different monitors or, like this it's reused in two versions of the same room. hmm.

edit: two hours later

I've kept poking around, so there must be more packages that contain the files with the file i'm looking for >_<
markem
ultra-n00b

Post by markem »

I'm a jerk so I put out a request in a new post - and someone had it!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7t6r5gayt ... _a.tex.dds

I'm going to continue to be confused as to where it came from!

...did another search and it's sitting right there in "noises". Case solved...
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

yeah that's crazy because first thing I did was search for 'alan'. Don't know how I missed it.
UberBlack
advanced

Post by UberBlack »

First problem I have, is I'm using Blender 2.66 and using the Quantum Break WedMsh Importerscript version 1.21. When I load QuantumBreak\d_\data\objects\characters\intermediate\malene_striker_publish.wedmsh

It shows the bones below the mesh, and it's not attached to the mesh and their is no weights applied. In the console is the following error:

File "C:\Users\anand\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.66\scripts\addons\io_scene_QuantumBreak\__init__.py", line 80, in execute
result=import_WedMsh.import_WedMsh(self.filepath, bpy.context,self.randomize_colors,self.import_vertcolors,self.skip_blank,self.use_layers,self.mesh_scale)
File "C:\Users\anand\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.66\scripts\addons\io_scene_QuantumBreak\import_WedMsh.py", line 700, in import_WedMsh
poseRig(rig, Pose_Table,use_layers,mesh_scale)
File "C:\Users\anand\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.66\scripts\addons\io_scene_QuantumBreak\import_WedMsh.py", line 473, in poseRig
rig.data.transform(matrix_basis)
AttributeError: 'Armature' object has no attribute 'transform'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

I think your blender is just too old. 2.66 was released in 2013, 4 years ago.

I tried it on the oldest blender I have installed, 2.70 (from 2014), and it worked fine:

So I recommend upgrading your blender. But thanks for letting me know, I didn't realize armatures functionality had changed along the line. I'll have to stop saying it is compatible back to 2.63 (not that I really expected anyone to be using such an old blender lol)
d875j
advanced

Post by d875j »

Bladers wrote:i made an application that automatically attaches every model with their texture files. but i need help with the animation file. please someone help.

Snip
Can you upload the app that be great than manually applying textures and such.