Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
roket minecrafter
ultra-n00b

Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files

Post by roket minecrafter »

Hello, I need a lot of help opening these archive files from Hot Wheels Velocity X that are .xpc on the PC version, .xgc on the Gamecube version and .xps on the Playstation version
I was able to rip the raw midi files that control the music, but that's all so far

ANY help is greatly appreciated

.xpc's available on request
VirtualTurtle
ultra-n00b

Re: Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files

Post by VirtualTurtle »

Well it isn't the way you probably think I obtained it, but I got something working today:
roket minecrafter
ultra-n00b

Post by roket minecrafter »

VirtualTurtle wrote:Well it isn't the way you probably think I obtained it, but I got something working today:
holy shit, how did you do that? please tell me, i've been trying to get these models and textures for months
VirtualTurtle
ultra-n00b

Post by VirtualTurtle »

roket minecrafter wrote:
VirtualTurtle wrote:Well it isn't the way you probably think I obtained it, but I got something working today:
holy shit, how did you do that? please tell me, i've been trying to get these models and textures for months
So what I did is I found a version of the dolphin emulator that uses directx9, and booted it through the program 3D ripper DX (a geometry ripper for directx9 programs), booted into the GameCube version of velocity X that I had ripped, and ripped it all to obj and their respective dds textures. Went into blender and took everything but the car out, and it scales weirdly, but I figured out the exact values on how to fix the scaling issue, and that's the result! I'm in the process of doing that whole thing for each car, I've got 5 already
EddieONeil
ultra-n00b

Post by EddieONeil »

VirtualTurtle wrote:
roket minecrafter wrote:
So what I did is I found a version of the dolphin emulator that uses directx9, and booted it through the program 3D ripper DX (a geometry ripper for directx9 programs), booted into the GameCube version of velocity X that I had ripped, and ripped it all to obj and their respective dds textures. Went into blender and took everything but the car out, and it scales weirdly, but I figured out the exact values on how to fix the scaling issue, and that's the result! I'm in the process of doing that whole thing for each car, I've got 5 already
YES! Thank you! If it's possible, do you think you could do the same thing but with the audio files?
MoonDreamofA
ultra-n00b

Post by MoonDreamofA »

Can you post how you fix it so it's not slanted? I recently ripped some stuff form Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and am having a eral hard time with trying to fix that. I've downloaded plug ins for blender but can't find it. I'm not good with blender at all. But I can follow tutorials to a 'T'. So if you can provide a tutorial on how to correct the geometry of the ripped .OBJ models, that'd be great.
Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Puterboy1 »

These files also apply to Pac Man World Rally and Snoopy vs. the Red Baron, any idea how to open those?
SaraFoxy15
ultra-n00b

Post by SaraFoxy15 »

VirtualTurtle wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:12 pm
roket minecrafter wrote:
can you do this with the pc version of the game?
ReVolt
veteran

Post by ReVolt »

Is there a way to get the 3D data and textures directly from file? I don't like using 3D scene rippers since the model can be distorted.
VirtualTurtle
ultra-n00b

Post by VirtualTurtle »

Ninjaripper's 2.0 version (https://www.ninjaripper.com/) has the ability to import both Tposed and posed models, undistorted. I've tried it on games that were horribly broken before and I was able to get perfect rips. I started ripping HWWR track models, but their culling system is super jank. Only downside is you have to be a patron to get access to the newest tool.