Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

nasanhak wrote:----------------- OPEN QUESTION -------------------

MGO uses a lot of different skins for suits - are they simple pftxs files or is more complicated than that? Anybody have any idea??
The MGO outfits use a diffuse texture for the outfit and skin where the outfit is white. To apply camos, they use a separate .ftex which is either just a flat colour or a pattern that can be repeated. They then take this colour or pattern and apply it over the white part of the outfit. This way they didn't need to create a separate diffuse texture for every camo the outfit uses.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:
nasanhak wrote:----------------- OPEN QUESTION -------------------

MGO uses a lot of different skins for suits - are they simple pftxs files or is more complicated than that? Anybody have any idea??
The MGO outfits use a diffuse texture for the outfit and skin where the outfit is white. To apply camos, they use a separate .ftex which is either just a flat colour or a pattern that can be repeated. They then take this colour or pattern and apply it over the white part of the outfit. This way they didn't need to create a separate diffuse texture for every camo the outfit uses.
Yeah figured it would be something automatic like that. Thanks!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:Took me a little bit, but I present:
MtarTool v0.1

Currently supports unpacking and repacking Mtar Type 1 files.
I see you're the same person who tried contacting me on youtube. I'm not visiting it lately and I'm not currently working on MGS. But I'll be back here soon.

Do you have all your questions solved?
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

daemon1 wrote:I see you're the same person who tried contacting me on youtube. I'm not visiting it lately and I'm not currently working on MGS. But I'll be back here soon.

Do you have all your questions solved?
I'm still working on the second Mtar format. I have a few questions about it that you might be able to help me with.

So, from what I've figured out, the structure seems to follow this:

Code: Select all

0x0 - 0x3 (32): Signature? 72 2B 01 0C = Tpp
0x4 - 0x7 (32): Number of files. Each 2 lines starting at 0x20 to indicates a file
0x8 - 0xB (32): Unknown. TppGzPlayerLayers and player2_resident share bytes 12 00 38 00. TppGzPlayerFacial (26 00 44 00) and TppPlayer2Facial (23 00 44 00) slightly differ.
0xC - 0xF (32): Unknown. TppGzPlayerLayers and player2_resident share bytes 00 00 00 00. TppGzPlayerFacial and TppPlayer2Facial share bytes 06 00 01 00.
0x10 - 0x13: Unknown.
0x14 - 0x17 (32): Offset for some kind of signature (EF AA BD 4F).
0x18 - 0x1F (80): Padding.

EF AA BD 4F seems to be a file header of some sort. On the line that contains this header, 0x8 - 0xB declares file length. Another file header appears after this file. The
following header can either be 4B 53 E4 91 or 84 77 9A 3B. More possibilities for this header may exist.

File declaring/listing begins at 0x20. All files in the list follow this format:
0x20 - 0x27 (64): Hashed name of file. I.e. 63 0C 20 DA FA AF 53 FC = 3affada200c63.gani
0x28 - 0x2B (32): File location offset.
0x2C - 0x2F (32): File length. A repeated pattern in this area seems to mean multiply by 0x10 to get the length. It also indicates that the file is extended(?).
0x30 - 0x31 (16): If the previous file was extended, there will be a value here. Multiply the value by 0x10 to get the extension length. The extension immediately follows the
		  end of the extended file.
0x32 - 0x37 (48): Padding.
0x38 - 0x3B (32): Offset for some kind of signature (F6 2C FE 0B).
0x3C - 0x3F (32): Padding.
The parts I'm still trying to figure out are: the file marked by the offset at 0x14, the file that follows the file at that offset (signature: 4B 53 E4 91 or 84 77 9A 3B), and the file marked by the offset 0x38 (for each file, 0x58, 0x78, etc...). Also, the .gani files in this format don't seem to have a header. Do they share one listed earlier in the file?

Thanks in advance!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

0x8 - bone groups and bones. you dont need them

0x14 - this is not a header. Animation files here dont have headers, like .gani files did in GZ, because they are not actually needed. I don't see any useful info in them.

This data segment at 0x14 is actually a description of main animation tracks. They animate models' bones. Since all animations in MTAR file are sharing the same skeleton, this description is common for all animations in MTAR.

0x30 - what you call an extension, is a chunk with some additional animation tracks, usually 4 or 5. I didn't yet check what they animate.

0x38 - offset to a chunk of animation, which were also present in GZ MTARs, but there it was after each animation, and here they are all gathered in the end of MTAR, and their offsets are given in this table. I think this may be notifications of some kind.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Higus wrote:Do you possibly plan on making mods like this not attached to IH, to go for a more external officially-integrated-kinda-feeling mod outside of IH's increasingly expanding trainer-like layout?
I want to add some kind of external "sub mod" like support for sideops (there's too much stuff involved in adding them to have anything completely separate from IH that wont conflict), but there's a couple of challenges.

IH system being able to figure out what sub mods are 'installed', I can either:
Handle it the way I've been handling the other stuff, have the user manually edit a list of them, but that can be a hassle.
Use os.execute to use dir to get a file list, but that pops up a command prompt for a second which can be annoying.

I kinda want to be able to include my defaults stuff without the user having to get/install it separately, but that kinda goes against my default-by-default policy.

It's the same issues that some of my other features (that I have no idea if anyone is using) fova for model swaps, new head mods, and profiles has, ideally I should come up with a pattern that handles them all.

Sideops have a couple of further restrictions that make things tricky:
Their open/active/cleared states are saved to an integer indexed array, while the game doesn't seem to care what goes in/out, so stuff could be added in any order, or removed, it does mean I'll have to figure out a way to handle that. Actually, head mods have a similar issue, which I haven't done anything about, but currently the user can just manually change the head setting and it will fix.

There's also possibly some kinks in the completion system, or something else, that I haven't discovered.

Another issue is the quest system uses a specific format for its questName - <something_>q<quest id number>
ie cliffTown_q11040 or quest_q52080
I see a couple of functions where it parses the questName by grabbing the last 6 characters (ex q20103) or 5 (ex 20103)
I don't think the <something_> has to be anything specific, the game does have them either named after their quest area, or just as "quest_". Again, it's possible that I've missed something though.

This means sideops mods would have to choose an id number that doesn't conflict with any existing ids (easy enough), or any other sideops mods.
Though for just testing/unreleased sidops you can use whatever you want and handle any collisions yourself.

Ultimately it could possibly be worked around, but would require an outside install step writing a given id to lng.xml files, running lang tool on those, packing it and who knows what else.

The simplest solution is 'hey tex, I want to release a sideops mod, what id should i use?', even though in general I don't like the 'relying on a guy' method, more so when I'm the guy lol.
nasanhak wrote: Also, since your building custom fpkds now - how likely do you think it is that custom fpkds for armored vehicles can be successfully created now allowing for their usage in free roam?
Do you mean allowing the player to use them, or the reinforcement system to, or just in general?

At the moment the patched player/relief vehicle packs veh_rl achieves the the last two.

For the player being able to use vehicles, I'm not sure what actually flags them as usable, I had a brief look (a million years ago) at M30 since it has empty usable tanks, but didn't find anything noticeable back then.

For the reinforcement system in free is already complete as far as I can tell and it's something in the engine that's stopping the reinforcement vehicle call.

I think reinforcement vehicle should be able to be extended to other missions if the reinforcement block is included, was actually looking into that before I got side tracked by sideops.

Should also probably shift the patched player/relief vehicle packs to their own, but that would essentially be recreating them. I'm also still not sure what take priority in terms of data definitions of the same gameobject.
ibrakul
ultra-n00b

Post by ibrakul »

Guys I need help to find the hospital prosthetic arm and the silver arm. I made new version of proper Venom inspired by the new images from the upcoming official artbook http://i.imgur.com/96bRRO3.jpg .
Now I want retexture the silver arm in medical arm and the hospital prosthetic arm more like the concept art in grey/blueish.
Back in september Shigu on this forum has written that Snake's prosthetic arm - currently unnamed "3b872a19bdc48.fpk" is in chunk0, I can't find'em but in texture0 I found 19cc4a9ce16dc, so I start retexturing and now I need to test and see how the game read the color.
The silver arm I don't know where is it, can someone help me?
caplagrobin
ultra-n00b

Post by caplagrobin »

ibrakul wrote:Guys I need help to find the hospital prosthetic arm and the silver arm. I made new version of proper Venom inspired by the new images from the upcoming official artbook http://i.imgur.com/96bRRO3.jpg .
Now I want retexture the silver arm in medical arm and the hospital prosthetic arm more like the concept art in grey/blueish.
Back in september Shigu on this forum has written that Snake's prosthetic arm - currently unnamed "3b872a19bdc48.fpk" is in chunk0, I can't find'em but in texture0 I found 19cc4a9ce16dc, so I start retexturing and now I need to test and see how the game read the color.

By "prosthetic arm" you mean the hook hand from the hospital level, right? Because you can use this for your mod
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBNFl ... sp=sharing
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

ibrakul wrote:Back in september Shigu on this forum has written that Snake's prosthetic arm - currently unnamed "3b872a19bdc48.fpk" is in chunk0, I can't find'em
chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\fova\plfova_sna0_arm0_v00.fpk(d) - 3b872a19bdc48.fpk
Silver arm should be there as well, but I believe it is just a fv2 file that changes textures on the model.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

daemon1 wrote:0x8 - bone groups and bones. you dont need them

0x14 - this is not a header. Animation files here dont have headers, like .gani files did in GZ, because they are not actually needed. I don't see any useful info in them.

This data segment at 0x14 is actually a description of main animation tracks. They animate models' bones. Since all animations in MTAR file are sharing the same skeleton, this description is common for all animations in MTAR.

0x30 - what you call an extension, is a chunk with some additional animation tracks, usually 4 or 5. I didn't yet check what they animate.

0x38 - offset to a chunk of animation, which were also present in GZ MTARs, but there it was after each animation, and here they are all gathered in the end of MTAR, and their offsets are given in this table. I think this may be notifications of some kind.
Thanks! This information will save me a lot of time.
iamuser12
ultra-n00b

Post by iamuser12 »

Does anyone know the location of the tux texture is? I cannot for the love of god find it. I looked in sna folder in texture0.dat and cannot find it. Please if anyone.

Thanks!
caplagrobin
ultra-n00b

Post by caplagrobin »

iamuser12 wrote:Does anyone know the location of the tux texture is? I cannot for the love of god find it. I looked in sna folder in texture0.dat and cannot find it. Please if anyone.

Thanks!
Try master\0\00 or 01. The tuxedo ftex and 1.ftexs textures are in a391321f9b70.pftxs and 14c0b6baf6f7b.pftxs
iamuser12
ultra-n00b

Post by iamuser12 »

caplagrobin wrote:
iamuser12 wrote:Does anyone know the location of the tux texture is? I cannot for the love of god find it. I looked in sna folder in texture0.dat and cannot find it. Please if anyone.

Thanks!
Try master\0\00 or 01. The tuxedo ftex and 1.ftexs textures are in a391321f9b70.pftxs and 14c0b6baf6f7b.pftxs
It doesn't exist in my master\0\00 or 01. I searched for both of those files. I do have the legit copy too and have DLC for it.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

iamuser12 wrote:
caplagrobin wrote:

Thanks!
It doesn't exist in my master\0\00 or 01. I searched for both of those files. I do have the legit copy too and have DLC for it.
If you are using this dictionary
https://github.com/emoose/MGSV-QAR-Dictionary-Project

it may have been updated with the correct name for the file and hence you can't find it by the hashed name.

Use this older dictionary:
https://mega.nz/#!Sw4BSRAJ!KFe43fTayNH7 ... V2tmJuIJnk

Unpack both 00.dat and 01.dat as you'd need the 2,3 ftxes from 01.dat as well to form the DDS

Tex wrote: Do you mean allowing the player to use them, or the reinforcement system to, or just in general?

At the moment the patched player/relief vehicle packs veh_rl achieves the the last two.
I meant allowing players to use them.
Tex wrote: For the player being able to use vehicles, I'm not sure what actually flags them as usable, I had a brief look (a million years ago) at M30 since it has empty usable tanks, but didn't find anything noticeable back then.
No specific flags in M30. I had already mentioned this on nexus but from my testing which involved stunning all soldiers via Cheat Engine, armored reinforcement vehicles as well as any armored vehicles in missions can be used by the player. Only relief vehicles cannot be used by the player. Relief vehicles are also used for side ops and thus cannot be used by the player after stunning the driver.

This lead me to believe that relief vehicle fpkds are missing some kind of data to make them usable.

Missions with vehicles in them ALL use the reinforcement vehicle fpk/fpkds as a base and then go on to add additional parts for the vehicles through the mission fpk/fpkd. Evident form the packaging for M3, M8, M9, M10, M16, M30, M31, M41 and M45 (don't know if I missed any missions with armored vehicles in them). Didn't include hard ones cause they use the base mission fpk/fpkds.

I tried creating custom fpk/fpkds a while back using the reinforce ones and then adding parts from the mission packages but since had no idea on the custom fpkd ordering, it did not work.

Will look at this again.
Tex wrote: Should also probably shift the patched player/relief vehicle packs to their own, but that would essentially be recreating them. I'm also still not sure what take priority in terms of data definitions of the same gameobject.
No need to do this really unless you want to figure out the priority thing. Not sure how side ops would be affected with a custom fpk/fpkd with the same contents.

---------- OPEN QUESTION ----------
Does anyone who how to manipulate the call menu - soldier instructions like "Get Down" and buddy commands when in-game like DD's bark, Get Him, etc etc?

I tried TppBuddyService.SetDisableCallBuddyType(BuddyCommand.DOG_BARK) but no idea what it does or even if am calling it right.
Sergeanur
advanced

Post by Sergeanur »

'kay folks, I was notified that QAR Tool doesn't work with MGO files and fixed that. Here's an update
MGSV QAR Tool v1.3.3
Last edited by Sergeanur on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.