Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Higus wrote:In case it can be any help, here are some MGS4 MTAR + MTSQ sample files:
https://yadi.sk/d/iFCQjSzmyVVvv
Thanks! I'll take a look through them when I get a chance.
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

It seems that direct port of mgo cosmetics using only fv2 is impossible without model adjustments. Things got even more complicated. Looks like fv2 has no control over positioning, or people in charge of modeling/attachments decided that it would be too bothersome.

Player's model consist of 2 parts - body and head. There are different kinds of bodies - battledress, regular camo, sneaking suit etc. They have visual differences, but the only one that bothers us is the skeleton inside them. Body is considered as the main part and has attachment bones for head, eyes, mouth etc. Head gets attached to the body, so it's position depends on bones the body provided.

Let's move on to cosmetics. I add cosmetics by using a fv2 file. All you need is to add a filename, magic command and a pointer to the filename. Magic command positions new model to the center of the main model, without it new model moves to your feet. I wouldn't go into the details right now, it will be a huge wall of text explaining things (will be posted later on github). It worked almost flawlessly on tpp cosmetics that are used by npc.

On the pic above you can see 3 models - ocelot unit beret, ocelot's glasses and mgo cap. As you can see, beret and glasses are pushed back so they would attach to the head nicely. But mgo hats have different center point and don't fit at all. That means that mgo uses different mechanism based on bone connections rather than simple model spawning. Unfortunately I haven't seen anything related to bone connections in fv2 files, which leads to the conclusion that it is impossible to make a nice mgo hat attachment without editing the model beforehand. I guess mgo adds cosmetics the same way it attaches head to the body (it can be related to '.parts' files).

Some pics of badly attached croc hat - https://imgur.com/a/emYKQ, same behaviour with baseball cap.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

unknown123 wrote:*cosmetics details*
Do many of these MGO cosmetics have the same distance from Snake's face? Because if the offset is common for all the attached models, refitting all of them should be no problem after the first one, we'd only need to apply the same XYZ position adjustment once to every MGO model with a vertex editor before adding them in. Which should be no problem at all.
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

Higus wrote:Do many of these MGO cosmetics have the same distance from Snake's face?
I am pretty sure that they have the same distance. You can use beret model (chunk3\...\s10240_d03_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\dds\Scenes\dds3_eqhd3_cov.fmdl) as a reference.

Oh yea, it is not over yet - I still have body cosmetics to play with. However fv2 files for bodies are more complicated, but I'll see what can I do.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

Seems the game was updated but only the TPP exe changed?

I had a 330MB download but that was due to the modded 00.dat as well
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

nasanhak wrote:Seems the game was updated but only the TPP exe changed?

Same here, 00.dat is unchanged. Exe's size was reduced by 2 megabytes for english version and 16 megabytes for japan.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

unknown123 wrote:
nasanhak wrote:Seems the game was updated but only the TPP exe changed?

Same here, 00.dat is unchanged. Exe's size was reduced by 2 megabytes for english version and 16 megabytes for japan.
Thanks! Your tracking the JAP version as well? Does switching languages through Steam change the exe too?
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

nasanhak wrote: Thanks! Your tracking the JAP version as well? Does switching languages through Steam change the exe too?
https://steamdb.info/app/287700/history/
287702/maxsize: 30610043742 (28.51 GB) › 30593090911 (28.49 GB) (diff = -16.17 MB)
287701/maxsize: 30628958110 (28.53 GB) › 30626312607 (28.52 GB) (diff = -2.52 MB)
287702 is jap, 287701 is eng
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Took me a little bit, but I present:
MtarTool v0.1

Currently supports unpacking and repacking Mtar Type 1 files. It technically works on GZ .mtars as well, but the file names will be wrong; so repacking a GZ .mtar will break it. I tried to make it work similarly to GzsTool. It exports an XML file that can be dragged onto the tool and it will repack the file.

I'm still working on the Mtar Type 2 format. I'll update it to support that when it's ready.

Unfortunately, all of the .gani file names are hashed. The names need to be found and added to a dictionary for it to produce the real file names.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:Took me a little bit, but I present:
MtarTool v0.1

Currently supports unpacking and repacking Mtar Type 1 files. It technically works on GZ .mtars as well, but the file names will be wrong; so repacking a GZ .mtar will break it. I tried to make it work similarly to GzsTool. It exports an XML file that can be dragged onto the tool and it will repack the file.

I'm still working on the Mtar Type 2 format. I'll update it to support that when it's ready.

Unfortunately, all of the .gani file names are hashed. The names need to be found and added to a dictionary for it to produce the real file names.
That's what I'm talking about! :D
I'm eagerly awaiting the Type 2 update, awesome work. Do you have any desire to also look into the .mog/FOXMOTIONGRAPH format?
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:Took me a little bit, but I present:
MtarTool v0.1
Nice work dude.

I've added a few more links to http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/MGSV ... references, let me know/or add yourself anything I've missed.

On my end I've successfully added some new sideops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5VjKC2f9w
Focusing on stuff that doesn't require AI routes.

You can puzzle your way through my InfQuest . RegisterQuests if you want to figure out the various data required (like most of my over engineering, I'm built a function to patch the various scattered tables the game uses to define quests).
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Higus wrote:That's what I'm talking about! :D
I'm eagerly awaiting the Type 2 update, awesome work. Do you have any desire to also look into the .mog/FOXMOTIONGRAPH format?
Thanks!

I might take a look into .mog format after I finish researching the Type 2 format. Is there any information on what it's used for? I'm assuming it's used for switching between animations.
Tex wrote:Nice work dude.

I've added a few more links to http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/MGSV ... references, let me know/or add yourself anything I've missed.

On my end I've successfully added some new sideops:

You can puzzle your way through my InfQuest . RegisterQuests if you want to figure out the various data required (like most of my over engineering, I'm built a function to patch the various scattered tables the game uses to define quests).
Thanks!

The custom sideops look great! I'm looking forward to seeing what else can be accomplished through those.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I hope you all here know that its now possible to convert MGSV animations. Converting it back into game format will also be possible, but it will require some additional work.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

BobDoleOwndU wrote: Thanks!

I might take a look into .mog format after I finish researching the Type 2 format. Is there any information on what it's used for? I'm assuming it's used for switching between animations.
I assume MOG to be something similar also. As for daemon1's animation conversion, I'm equally still interested in you completing your Mtar Tool with this GzsTool-like organized format. I've more interest in animation swapping and such than trying to meddle with the messy business of custom animation import. In-fact I hope daemon's tool can open individual .gani's so that even if I try animation modding, I can continue to use your Mtar tool for everything MTAR-container related.
Tex wrote:On my end I've successfully added some new sideops:

That's amazing. Do you possibly plan on making mods like this not attached to IH, to go for a more external officially-integrated-kinda-feeling mod outside of IH's increasingly expanding trainer-like layout?
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

Tex wrote: On my end I've successfully added some new sideops:

Awesome Tex! I had thought about adding animals to MB but didn't go down that road yet. Seems you used the dynamic loading of Side Ops to accomplish this instead of the type of loading the Zoo uses.

I'll try the Zoo route instead and see how that goes

Also, since your building custom fpkds now - how likely do you think it is that custom fpkds for armored vehicles can be successfully created now allowing for their usage in free roam? Again something I'm gonna take up but would like your inputs before I hit a brick wall. M3 and M35 seem like enough to get all the parts because of the vehicle reinforcements in these missions.

The only exception would be the missile launcher which can be got through M8

----------------- OPEN QUESTION -------------------

MGO uses a lot of different skins for suits - are they simple pftxs files or is more complicated than that? Anybody have any idea??