Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars

Old posts about game archives and other formats.
himfan
ultra-n00b

Post by himfan »

I think I got it. But I still dont have a way to extract the files.
wzydhek
ultra-n00b

Post by wzydhek »

I am now also working with Maxitron to incorporate my TOC File/TRE File v6 additions into his SWGExplorer.

I have successfully completed the mods to read TOC files, and thus all tre files within them, and of course be able to view/save the files within.

I will next be adding a feature to auto-detect which format the TRE file is in, and pull the necessary index data from all TOC files related to that TRE file.

Lastly, I think Maxitron should incorporate a feature to batch extract an entire node of the treeview (or the entire treeview itself).

I'll help where I can.
himfan
ultra-n00b

Post by himfan »

:up:

Thanks for helping out the community on this one! I wish I could do the stuff you guys can do.
MsNiL
ultra-n00b

Post by MsNiL »

wzydhek wrote:I am now also working with Maxitron to incorporate my TOC File/TRE File v6 additions into his SWGExplorer.

I have successfully completed the mods to read TOC files, and thus all tre files within them, and of course be able to view/save the files within.

I will next be adding a feature to auto-detect which format the TRE file is in, and pull the necessary index data from all TOC files related to that TRE file.

Lastly, I think Maxitron should incorporate a feature to batch extract an entire node of the treeview (or the entire treeview itself).

I'll help where I can.
Woot! I really look forward to this!!! :D
Maxitron
ultra-n00b

Post by Maxitron »

Here is a preliminary update of SWGExplorer that lets you open TOC's, thanks to all the code additions from wzydhek. Plan on doing a few UI upgrades later on, plus the stuff mentioned above, with a suprise or two thrown in.

You can monitor and download the project here, and even subscribe to a mailing list that will notify you of updates.

The first download is necessarily large to include the Managed DX9c runtimes needed for real-time texture viewing, though future updates will not include this download.

Go crazy! :twisted:
MsNiL
ultra-n00b

Post by MsNiL »

Maxitron wrote:Here is a preliminary update of SWGExplorer that lets you open TOC's, thanks to all the code additions from wzydhek. Plan on doing a few UI upgrades later on, plus the stuff mentioned above, with a suprise or two thrown in.

You can monitor and download the project here, and even subscribe to a mailing list that will notify you of updates.

The first download is necessarily large to include the Managed DX9c runtimes needed for real-time texture viewing, though future updates will not include this download.

Go crazy! :twisted:
Just commenting. I have been testing it and I am able to get it to work.
It takes some time to open the SOC files, but it's better than nothing. I have been able to clear up some questionmarks already.

Thanks for your help.
baki
ultra-n00b

Post by baki »

Cheers, this is some good work. I hope we'll find a way to play snd files.
Karyfars
ultra-n00b

Post by Karyfars »

snd files just contain the path to the mp3 or wav file.
just open it with a normal editor and search for the right path and file.
theonlyfox
ultra-n00b

Post by theonlyfox »

Is anyone working on the new .tre compression technique? The archivers arent able to look at any tre file post patch 17... that was about a year ago.
wuschel
ultra-n00b

swg explorer

Post by wuschel »

hi all
Is there also a way to view the msh `s?
Or can someone guide me to an explanation of the format??
Thanks for the help
wuschel
Niteshift
ultra-n00b

Re: swg explorer

Post by Niteshift »

wuschel wrote:hi all
Is there also a way to view the msh `s?
Or can someone guide me to an explanation of the format??
Thanks for the help
wuschel
I use Ultimate Unwrap 3d with the plug in they have on there site, but it is a pay program.

Also, i was wondering if anyone has made an extractor yet for V6 TREs

Thx

Post by Guest »

Looking forward to this. So i can complete my HUD mod.
Niteshift
ultra-n00b

Post by Niteshift »

Wow, this forum is not very active,
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Hehe, well I guess people lost interest in this thread some time after it got posted. Most of the time it means that progress was difficult and then halted.

If you wish, you could attach some TRE file (new version) and we'll see what it's about.

Post by Guest »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.