Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Wangan Midnight [Need Help Reversing]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Takukun
advanced

Re: Wangan Midnight [Need Help Reversing]

Post by Takukun »

WOW i completely forgot about ZModeler 1. Thanks :D
Though I can't import anything because it says "Your computer is low on memory" when I have enough. But it does indeed work with reimporting in zmod2.

Yep we now only need to be able to import those maps. There are other files beside the main 3d file but all are plain text config settings for the game and a small .txd file containing only some banners.

Also, another game could have japanese expressway maps, but all I found were some screenshots of a 240Z posing in front of the Rainbow bridge, too little info. And, it's only for iOS. Name's 2K Drive.
http://www.lucidgames.co.uk/product/2kdrive/

RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak »

If you look carefully into my post, I didn't say importing directly with Zmod1. Import in Zmod2 and re-save as old z3d. What's the chance that there could be other japanese arcade games which use RenderWare? Even if they don't feature japanese expressway maps.

2KDrive looks great. It deserves attention by the guys who are able to hack file formats here.
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

Ah yes i cofused things, thanks :)

I don't know about those, this is the first one I've seen with such a game engine, but there could be more. Try looking up the games by the system on which they run, like Sega Chihiro or Naomi.

I've looked a little bit in 2K Drive game files and discovered the model files are stored in .lbc format and textures in a .pvr format.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Takukun wrote:Here are the .... car's .txd file.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fvzbpdetx ... egear4.rar
i made a Noesis python script for fun to open your txd sample :D
tex_BattleGear4_txd.zip
supports dxt1, dxt3, dxt5 and rgba32

theres a chance a may not work with other txd files from your game,
but if you can upload more samples of this type i will update the script. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Acewell on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

WOW this is awesome, thank you for your effort :D It works like a charm for car, cockpit and wheel textures.
Here are more examples that give errors if you want to optimize the code :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l55l8iu79 ... amples.rar
Last edited by Takukun on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

okay i updated the script in my previous post to support your new samples :D

it turns out to also work with the txd sample for "S.C.A.R.: Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo" from this thread :D
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14302&p=118368
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

This is great, thanks for all the help :) If you don't mind I updated my previous post with some more examples which I believe are the last ones.

Programming skills really are useful nowadays :P
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

okay i updated that post again with updated script :D
viewtopic.php?p=123473#p123473
RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak »

Great job!! It works with some TXD's that TXDWorkshop corrupted. :wink:
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

As far as I know this script is perfect :) Me and (I'm sure) others are very thankful to you!

Another thing, I found a tool for viewing RenderWare models. As it's only source code and I'm pretty rusty with compiling I can't check if this would work with Battle Gear map files.
blackracer
advanced

Post by blackracer »

Hi guys, this is a very good topic for the Japanese track and cars models, very close to getting tracks from BattleGear4 may be able to help RWAnalizer Tool?

We also have experience of Initial D Extreme Stage for PS3 viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14024
I managed to unzip resources game with some help QuickBMS and get the texture of the game using the X-Ripper but get a 3d model I do not know how, maybe someone of you will be able to heal the geometry of the tracks from this game?

It would be a list of cool to convert to Assetto Corsa.
AMG
advanced

Post by AMG »

Yep, BG4 has a very cool pile of tracks, from Wangans to Touges, it even has Montecarlo.
Here's the list: :)

http://battlegear.net/bg4tuned/course.html
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

Thanks for reminding me of RW Analyze :D It opens the map files perfectly well but from there on, i don't know what to do anymore.

Initial D Extreme Stage also has some nice tracks and car models, I hope you succeed :D

Yes you're right. BG4 is not highpoly but this doesn't matter to me as long as those cool tracks can be ported.
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

Hello again, as nobody can get around Genki's strange compression method, I decided to rip Minato Mirai from Shutokou Battle Zone Of Control PSP (Street Supremacy). From what I know the mesh quality is exactly the same as in Shutokou Battle 0 (Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3) with the exception of lower res textures, which can be replaced at a later time.

Firstly, I tried with an older version of Ninjaripper (because newer ones won't even inject) with the combination of PPSSPP and the result was course segments had proper scaling and orientation, the only thing I had to do is move them together in 3DS Max with vertex snapping on. The only downside was that not all meshes were ripped, only about 80-90%. I can extract meshes and textures (with inverted blue and red channel) 100% the 3D Ripper DX way though:

The problem comes in when attaching different segments together, as 3D Ripper DX extracts data corresponding to the angle you take the ingame capture at. You have to rotate to match the other segment properly.

My question is, how can I rotate 2 objects so that they snap to each other perfectly? I'm a total noob at 3DS Max btw, I use it mainly for import-export purposes. I really like the way SketchUp does it, it's possible to snap vertex to vertex while rotating so the outcome is 100% accurate, but it messes the whole material library up. Is there such a way in 3DS Max?

I can take the boring, it'll take a while but when I finish I'll post the model somewhere, that's why i want it to be perfect.

edit: grammar
AMG
advanced

Post by AMG »

Sadly, with such ripping "strategies" the map will never be perfect. I did the same with some Gran Turismo PSP tracks, and had the same problem because of the different angle and position of the pieces.