Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by CantStoptheBipBop »

Tex wrote:What's you're reasoning behind your variable declaration stye?
I think that's mostly habit from writing batch files far too much. Honestly it might just be that I hate typing local before each declaration, which is why I prefer doing it as part of a "list". You kinda just get used to reading it to the point it's easy to read, though I'm sure it's painful for other people that try to interpret what your script is doing. So the huge amount of single line variable declarations I'll probably bring down to small lists in a grouped format like what you're saying. For the rest of the script the reason is actually to assist in readability. As counter-intuitive as that sounds. Basically my thinking is that it's easier to read a function with many variable changes when they aren't making your code blocks longer than they would be with many multi-line variable declarations.

So I've got my reasons but they probably aren't very convincing lol.
Tex wrote:I'm thinking you could write out matching keys and hashes two matching files
Well I'm open to different methods. That might be faster/easier than reading/reassigning a bunch of tables on each loop.
Tex wrote:Also do you have your initial hash grab from lng files > hashList.txt function?
Current lua script and all used files

dictList backups are copies of the english dictionary and lng word lists. Lng word list is a lowercase scrape of all words used in LangIds and Values.

lang_dictionary - Backup.txt is a copy of the last collection entries, even though there is a current backup text file because I'm paranoid about experimenting with my script and it blanking both dictList.txt and its backup copy.

edit: lol damn it Tex, you had a completely legitimate point about it being better to write it in a way that's easy to read and understand. I fixed the count bug while adding in a bunch of comments and multi-line variable declarations for readability. I don't even know what I changed to fix it. It just works now :? .

edit2: updated link again. Exe is in it now. Working version of script with bruteForce function put back in. New entries will appear at the bottom of newDict.txt.
Last edited by CantStoptheBipBop on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

In case somebody is wondering, the DE update makes zero changes to any of the luas. Some fpk/fpkds have been changed but mostly missing textures and models for the console DLC have been added.

Mods don't need updates in most cases.

Konami didn't even bother changing one single thing in the Lua scripts this time. Can't help but feel that there are no future updates to the single player
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

nasanhak wrote:In case somebody is wondering, the DE update makes zero changes to any of the luas. Some fpk/fpkds have been changed but mostly missing textures and models for the console DLC have been added.

Konami didn't even bother changing one single thing in the Lua scripts this time. Can't help but feel that there are no future updates to the single player
Can confirm - https://github.com/unknown321/mgsv_lua_ ... f4660c0006. All lua changes are leftovers from modding, sorry for letting them into the commit - totally forgot about these. Just models and textures were added.
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

nasanhak wrote:In case somebody is wondering, the DE update makes zero changes to any of the luas. Some fpk/fpkds have been changed but mostly missing textures and models for the console DLC have been added.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Have they said anything about releasing the console DLC onto the Steam marketplace since they're already porting it? I'm having a hard time believing that they wouldn't, unless they've added whale exploitation to their repertoire.

Btw, I edited my previous post with a bug-free copy of the langForce lua for anyone that's interested in using it.

edit: The string code exe is here. I forgot to put it in the folder. And now it's in it.

edit2: Alright these edits are getting ridiculous. I grabbed a different script in the link update. NOW it has all of the right files. Quick note that you should manually run Fox.StrCode32.exe once (drag a text file on it) and choose to disable the warning about running it each time. Anti-viruses seem to think it's suspicious for an exe to turn a word into a hash. When running it from the script it seems to only pause the script once so it can scan it but just figured I'd mention it. I'm going back to bed since my IQ seems to have dropped several points from a little sleep deprivation >.>.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

@unknown123
Here is the updated info on SP weapons. All SP guns now are NPC usable but SHIELDS are not! This is weird as I clearly remember the Olive Drab shield could be equipped on NPCs even if it had missing icon textures. Brackets hold (p00) id
TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_hg_020, --WEAPON_ADAM_SKA_SP DLC Grade 3 (1090)
TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_hg_010, --WEAPON_WU_S333_CB_SP DLC Grade 3 (1091)
TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_sm_010, --WEAPON_MACHT_P5_WEISS DLC Grade 3 (2030)
TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_sg_010, --WEAPON_RASP_SB_SG_GOLD DLC Grade 3 (4060) --broken firing with Shield and alone there is no data for two shot mechanism for NPCs - treated as a pump action shotgun, don't use
TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_030, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_SIL DLC Grade 2 (9010) --no load :/
TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_010, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_OD DLC Grade 2 (9011) --no load :/
TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_020, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_WHT DLC Grade 2 (9012) --no load :/
TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_040, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_GLD DLC Grade 2 (9013) --no load :/
CantStoptheBipBop wrote:Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Have they said anything about releasing the console DLC onto the Steam marketplace since they're already porting it? I'm having a hard time believing that they wouldn't, unless they've added whale exploitation to their repertoire.
Somebody posted a twitter grab on reddit sub from someone at Konami mentioning the console DLC will be available in the DE for Steam. I think it's officially launching on the 13th now

EDIT:
October 11, 2016
* The PC (Steam®) version will be released on October 12th (Thu.)
Source: https://www.konami.com/mg/mgsv/na/#

Oct 12th is Wednesday lol

Also:
* The 2000 MB Coins are not included with the PC (Steam®) version

BURN Konami!
Last edited by nasanhak on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

nasanhak wrote: TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_030, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_SIL DLC Grade 2 (9010) --no load :/
TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_010, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_OD DLC Grade 2 (9011) --no load :/
TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_020, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_WHT DLC Grade 2 (9012) --no load :/
TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_040, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_GLD DLC Grade 2 (9013) --no load :/
:? Everything works fine, it's just you copypasting blindly. TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_030 is the way to go.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

unknown123 wrote:
nasanhak wrote: TppEquip.TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_030, --WEAPON_PB_SHIELD_SIL DLC Grade 2 (9010) --no load :/
:? Everything works fine, it's just you copypasting blindly. TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_030 is the way to go.
ROFL Am I an idiot or am I an idiot. Thanks!
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

Some progress on fv2 files for npc, player files are more complicated. Looks like you just need to provide path to the model in fv2 and apply the fova.
http://imgur.com/a/kzK3a - Ocelot with /Assets/tpp/item/ewr/Scenes/gog1_main0_def and /Assets/tpp/item/ewr/Scenes/gog0_main0_def respectively.

Observations:
  • * Generally attachment is right - eye connect point, but the exact placement is somewhat wrong.
    * Textures loaded by their own which is great - no need to specify them in fv2?
    * Works for both cutscenes and gameplay: goggles were added to the model in demo, goggles replaced glasses during gameplay
Some notes on fv2 itself:
Tex wrote:YourePrettyGood did a relatively complete breakdown of the fv2 format:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12407&p=121318#p121318
Generally it works, but there are some issues with sections and names of fields. One of the "texture hash" entries was actually a path to glasses fmdl, needs some research.

I'll be looking into existing fv2s, pretty sure that fast hat change is near.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

@Tex
It took me what 9 months to get completely comfortable with everything happening in the game's lua scripts. You were already pretty good when I started with my mod 9 months ago and over time your code has gotten much, much more complex than the game's! I realized this when I started looking into how you are calling your Updates and Inits. Dear God I feel exactly like I did looking at the game's code 9 months ago.

When I started it was easy to use your code base as a reference point but if someone were to do the same today, they'd just give up.

You sir are legendary o7
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

Is the mgsv nexus community dead or something?
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

Ashtails wrote:Is the mgsv nexus community dead or something?
If you're talking about their forum then yes. But it has been pretty dead since several months ago. 90% of the threads there are just requests and 5% are people asking why their totally legit copy doesn't have a 00.dat so I can see why people don't really use it. I noticed that there are usually quite a few lurkers on there regularly though. /r/moddergearsolid is a little better but it's still pretty slow.
nasanhak wrote:The 2000 MB Coins are not included with the PC (Steam®) version
I'm not even buying the re-release and am a little bent out of shape about it.

edit:
nasanhak wrote:@Tex
Dear God I feel exactly like I did looking at the game's code 9 months ago.
It's a well known fact that he's actually Hideo Kojima. It's the only explanation that fits.

I've been thinking and I should be able to modify my current script to generate QAR tool file paths as well. That should be another fun project to start.
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

YourePrettyGood wrote: breakdown of the fv2 format:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12407&p=121318#p121318
Any ideas what names could be hashed in section 1? It says "name hash found in FMDL". How can I find these hashes in FMDL? Is there any idea what do they reference? I feel like they stand for connecting points (ie CNP_EYE), but hashed connecting points have different hashes. FMDL masters are welcome.

Section 4 is for filenames (models/textures), I can easily find referenced files.
https://dotnetfiddle.net/3RBp5V - hashing strings suitable for section 4. /Assets/tpp/item/ewr/Scenes/gog1_main0_def gives out a working hash which works - tested on a fova.

-------------------

nevermind, found it - viewtopic.php?p=121100#p121100. 92 pages of scattered info is not good.
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

Just wanted to share that I removed the fugly entries in lang_dictionary as well as non-LangIds. It's now sitting at 154 kb of 100% pure LangIds. Now that the massive clean-up is over I can confidently remove 42% of lines in hashList.txt and the smaller dictionary size should help a little with LangId generation speed as well, not that it would matter as much.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

CantStoptheBipBop wrote:...Honestly it might just be that I hate typing local before each declaration
Basically my thinking is that it's easier to read a function with many variable changes when they aren't making your code blocks longer than they would be with many multi-line variable declarations.
edit: lol damn it Tex, you had a completely legitimate point about it being better to write it in a way that's easy to read and understand. I fixed the count bug while adding in a bunch of comments and multi-line variable declarations for readability. I don't even know what I changed to fix it. It just works now :? .
My own constant war with myself is trying not to write code to generate something when I should just man up and write it out plain lol.
Sometimes it's useful, but more often it just makes it harder to figure out when coming back to it, and will be rewritten long before I get to the scale of data I'd push through it anyway.

Apart from that, I think the fight between brevity and verbosity is a common thing. For my part I tend to err toward verbosity as my I get more exposure to having to figure out other peoples stuff, or more often just coming back to my own stuff as project size or time increases (and I have a goldfish memory).

So while too-short variable/function names give me angst, I do notice that stuff that's too long also has a detrimental cognitive load (breaking out the $5 words today lol).

Haven't got to looking at anything you've posted after my last post yet, but thanks for your efforts still.
CantStoptheBipBop wrote:I've been thinking and I should be able to modify my current script to generate QAR tool file paths as well. That should be another fun project to start.
I was going to say in my last post (or maybe I already said it before, to someone at least lol) that it felt like we were chasing emoose with the approach, it would have been nice if he had posted whatever tools he had build along side the qar dict project, but anyways.
Also should probably see what Paul44 has done
http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/324/
search.php?author_id=46464&sr=posts

nasanhak wrote:.. when I started looking into how you are calling your Updates and Inits. Dear God I feel exactly like I did looking at the game's code 9 months ago.

When I started it was easy to use your code base as a reference point but if someone were to do the same today, they'd just give up.
Part of that is my overengineering again.
The original goals for that were:
'easily' add update functions without having to add them to TppMain.SetUpdateFunction
Filter execution for performance since updates are per frame.
The updateRate stuff was built for the enemy phase change feature, but now I think that using repeating timer messages might be better.
Putting the update state info in the Ivars was a so-so idea, it broke down a bit as some updates are either not really associated with any option, or actually associated with multiple options.
My last versions shift from an explicit list of update vars to just pulling them from ivar definitions was a mis-step.

Working through an overhaul of the system anyway which should make things hopefully more manageable.

Should probably document/analyze TPPs script execution flow at some point.
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

Tex wrote:I was going to say in my last post (or maybe I already said it before, to someone at least lol) that it felt like we were chasing emoose with the approach, it would have been nice if he had posted whatever tools he had build along side the qar dict project, but anyways.
Also should probably see what Paul44 has done
I believe you did. I also remember him mentioning on GitHub something about brute-force methods being used, but he didn't go into detail or anything. But yes, it would have been nice if he made a mention of or shared the tools he used.

I've used Paul's batch before but I didn't have any luck with generating new file paths. That and batch/sfk is really slow/inaccurate at pulling file paths from the lua files.

Btw I don't know if you saw it yet but I posted a bug fix for your inf batch file on Nexus. I made some more edits to it (patched a few errors and removed some unnecessary code). You can see what I changed here.