Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Want to beat the game a cheater? Figure out Savegame file formats here.
Rhaes
n00b

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by Rhaes »

thethiny wrote:
Rhaes wrote:
thethiny wrote:20** note 2P, autocorrect.

Anyways I'm glad to help ^_^ you can always ask me!
Oh! I hate autocorrect sometimes.

I'll try it again tonight. When I make the corrections to the file though, what is next? I extract them after the changes with khuxdecrypt, right?
What do you mean by corrections?
Oh, I meant the whole "replacing 20**" thing. :)
thethiny
beginner

Post by thethiny »

Rhaes wrote:
thethiny wrote:
Windows will be able to display the images.
Rhaes
n00b

Post by Rhaes »

thethiny wrote:
Rhaes wrote:
thethiny wrote:
Windows will be able to display the images.
It might be because I'm new tot his kind of thing, but to be able to open an image, change a few numbers and then be able to open it after is just incredibly weird and cool. I'm gonna have to try it tonight, as I accidentally deleted my decrypted data trying to organize things. :ninja:

Ah, before I get off for the night, I do have one more question and it doesn't exactly relate to your tools/location of files, but the .bmp files themselves after conversation with the tool. Do you have a suggestion for a program to mass convert the bmps to pngs (there is about 1000 files)? The bmps don't seem to want to open correctly for me in GIMP (no longer transparent and tiny + pixelized look) and ImageBatch refuses the files altogether.
thethiny
beginner

Post by thethiny »

Well, I personally use an Action script for photoshop. It is indeed not transparent but there's an alpha channel. I tried studying the PNG files but unfortunately they are completely different.

An alpha channel is a channel where Black means Hidden, White means visible, and the variations of grayscale indicate transparency.
Rhaes
n00b

Post by Rhaes »

thethiny wrote:Well, I personally use an Action script for photoshop. It is indeed not transparent but there's an alpha channel. I tried studying the PNG files but unfortunately they are completely different.

An alpha channel is a channel where Black means Hidden, White means visible, and the variations of grayscale indicate transparency.
That info was incredibly useful, thank you! By googling some of that (alpha channels), it led me to a program called "Advanced Batch Image Converter" (via a Ubuntu ask thread) that did the trick (except a very small few it couldn't convert) perfectly! It is strange that Paint.net can open the images as they should be, but not GIMP. Silly, even. :lol:
thethiny
beginner

Post by thethiny »

They can open them, but because I wanted the tool to be very fast I removed part of the header. You can fix it easily by fixing the header. Go to Wikipedia, it's windows BMP header.

Edit: open it in windows ms paint and save it again and it will fix the header.