Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

morbidslinky wrote:Unfortunately the external tape 02_03 is a remnant of Ground Zeroes and external tape 11_31 is the cassette tape file, which is different from the sortie prep file (really frustrating).
I'll keep looking in the bgm's. In any case, thanks for the input.

Update: I've listened through every single file with a file size greater than a few kilobytes, I still can't find it. Can it be stored in the .exe or something?
Highly doubt it'd be stored in the exe. The exe pretty much only contains what I assume is the C++ side of the code.

The only other place to check would be the fsm files, but those are probably pretty hit and miss for converting.
Paul44
advanced

Foxtool ~ Atvaark

Post by Paul44 »

Anyone interested/able to add PS3 support for this tool (in analogy with the gzstool)? Need it to "port" DLC PS3 weapons to pc...
I can handle most other files, but the XML files - if these can be decompiled - would save a lot of hex-editing time.
(see attached example)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

Ah nice to see more stuff is being added to the topic and a vertex/placement script is up. With that being avaliable. Has anyone tried to morph BB's GZ sneaking suit to a more female look body type? Would be an interesting swap for the black MGS1 styled sneaking suit.
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

Last edited by morbidslinky on Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

BobDoleOwndU wrote: The only other place to check would be the fsm files, but those are probably pretty hit and miss for converting.
It's worth a try, I guess. Gotta be around here somewhere.
Solidcal wrote:Has anyone tried to morph BB's GZ sneaking suit to a more female look body type? Would be an interesting swap for the black MGS1 styled sneaking suit.
That sounds like an interesting proposition, but can it be done properly with model swapping? I thought that the eyeballs would be missing if you swapped an outfit out for the GZ suit.
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

So, Can we swap Quiet's model in MGO with Raiden's model in TPP?
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Ashtails wrote:So, Can we swap Quiet's model in MGO with Raiden's model in TPP?
Yes.
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

morbidslinky wrote:
BobDoleOwndU wrote: The only other place to check would be the fsm files, but those are probably pretty hit and miss for converting.
Solidcal wrote:Has anyone tried to morph BB's GZ sneaking suit to a more female look body type? Would be an interesting swap for the black MGS1 styled sneaking suit.
That sounds like an interesting proposition, but can it be done properly with model swapping? I thought that the eyeballs would be missing if you swapped an outfit out for the GZ suit.
I'd assume with the vertex editor script it might be possible, since that script allowed the posibily of moving the vertex of the banada to be moved whn the horn was removed for the TMWSTW mod on the nexus I believe. Not sure how many vertexs/vertices can be morphed though.
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

I gave the .fsm files a listen. From what I can hear of the sounds, they're the beginning of cutscenes. You can hear almost entire cutscenes in some instances, but only from very short cutscenes.
I didn't hear the Sortie Prep music like I had hoped, but I did hear the opening to Sins of the Father and The Man Who Sold The World. Those two were used in intros and outros in parts of the game. It's possible that the Sortie Prep music is in the .fsm, but I'd need to hear more of the sound file in order to be sure. In any case, I think I'm done trying to dig up that Peace Walker theme. Thanks for the pointers, mates.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

Solidcal wrote:
morbidslinky wrote:
I'd assume with the vertex editor script it might be possible, since that script allowed the posibily of moving the vertex of the banada to be moved whn the horn was removed for the TMWSTW mod on the nexus I believe. Not sure how many vertexs/vertices can be morphed though.
That was done before the vertex script, did that by hand (bragging rights intensify)

Nah but in all seriousness, you can't do that simply because it'd distort the face. You would most likely have to re-rig the model. Also, one eye remains since Big Boss had one eye on his model so you could just keep that there but you'd probably have to use his eyepatch too to hide the missing eye.
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:
Ashtails wrote:So, Can we swap Quiet's model in MGO with Raiden's model in TPP?
Yes.
But when I swapped Raiden's model with Snake the model got messed up
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Ashtails wrote:But when I swapped Raiden's model with Snake the model got messed up
Did you replace the frdv as well? It won't look right if you don't.
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:
Ashtails wrote:But when I swapped Raiden's model with Snake the model got messed up
No I only replaced the fmdl, ill try again
Ashtails wrote:
BobDoleOwndU wrote:
No I only replaced the fmdl, ill try again
The model is fine but how do I fix the textures?
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Ashtails wrote:The model is fine but how do I fix the textures?
You need to inject the textures into the relative pftxs of the model you swapped.

Use GzsTool to unpack the pftxs. In the unpacked pftxs, add the textures. In the xml file GzsTool generated add the entries for the textures you added. After that, repack the pftxs.
Paul44
advanced

Some info to share...

Post by Paul44 »

Find attached a number of files to download. This info has been built up since the game came out; and the release of the modding tools. With the experience on DLC PS3 "porting", I figured this would be very helpfull to others as well...

The PS3 stuff in particular is very interesting, but I'd like to wait & see if I can finalize the weapons part. If nothing comes out of that, I will probably post that part end of this month too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.