Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

CITYCONOMY Service for your City (*.lxo.model)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
sahawx2
n00b

CITYCONOMY Service for your City (*.lxo.model)

Post by sahawx2 »

i've been trying to retrieve models from the game using archive-based methods( ripping seems to be futile). i found the game uses dpk5 .dpk format to pack all its contents up and managed to unpack all of it. Textures are of dds format(having "*png.texture" or "*.tga.texture" suffixes which should all be simply replaced by .dds). The final step which i still can't figure out is the model files. i thought they were simply just some modo lxo files but none of the softwares can recognise it as an lxo file. Sample is available here and can someone please give me a helping hand? thanks.

sample:http://www.mediafire.com/download/j4rcr ... .lxo.model
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: CITYCONOMY Service for your City (*.lxo.model)

Post by Acewell »

first submesh :D
man_tgl_lxo_model.png
go backward 8 bytes from each start address to see the face/UV/vertex count :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sahawx2
n00b

Post by sahawx2 »

AceWell wrote:first submesh :D
man_tgl_lxo_model.png
go backward 8 bytes from each start address to see the face/UV/vertex count :D
I got lost trying to figure out what progress can be made with this hex2obj. It's too complex for rookies like me. I need months to master this but I'm in urgent need for the model(s). As you said this is a file containing multiple submeshes, can you do me a favor to locate all of them? many thanks.

Or are there any scripts of Neosis or 3ds max for this format?
sahawx2
n00b

Post by sahawx2 »

Can someone please help?
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

sahawx2 wrote:I got lost trying to figure out what progress can be made with this hex2obj. It's too complex for rookies like me. I need months to master this but I'm in urgent need for the model(s).
I've heard that "song" many times and I can't take it for serious, sry. (As you may know this is a research forum, not for leechers.)

Search for ".lxo" to find the vertex blocks of the submeshes -
then search for 000000000000000100000002 to get the start addresses of the face indices blocks.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
sahawx2
n00b

Post by sahawx2 »

On reading your posts of extracting models of other formats i have learnt your excellence on programming and hexadecimals while trying to find clues of correct usage of this expert execution. I understand you seem to be sick of hearing people excusing themselves for begging straightforward solutions because of the lack of knowledge. But it is indeed the truth that experts who can look into this extensively like you are scarce. different format of models needs differnt hexadecimal paths and formulae to be analysed which is too hardcore for wannabe-beginners like me and those who are still on thier way.
Yes, I know i just dumped speeches of illogical nonsense here. I'm sorry for acting like such a leecher. But i should say i'm actually trying to learn about this. But it still consumes considerable amount of time.

Anyway, I'm grateful that you have given a much more clear answer.

Edit:By some trials and failures, I finally managed to extract submeshes with proper UVs.
Thank you again, sincerely
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

sahawx2 wrote:Edit:By some trials and failures, I finally managed to extract submeshes with proper UVs
t-h-a-t i-s g-r-e-a-t! :)
I'm really impressed. (I'll keep an eye on your progress. :D )
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
sahawx2
n00b

Post by sahawx2 »

Nice to hear there are actually someone who are keeping their notice to this topic.
I extacted the complete drivable chassis of the man tgl truck yesterday, with all 12 submeshes.
Below are the pictures
Then I started extracting another model, man tgm, with 20 submeshes located in total, still in progress.