Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Marvel Heroes texture tool

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
AstroStormz
advanced

Re: Marvel Heroes texture tool

Post by AstroStormz »

daemon1 wrote:
AstroStormz wrote:0xa0000357
Another flag unused before. Test the new version.
some of the textures are 512 x 512 not sure if thats supp to happen but its cool and the uv's for the model is messed up...............even when i flip it its messed up........when i import it to 3ds max it says there are no texture coordinates
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

what do you mean messed up? Looks ok to me. Is it the first time you extracting something from infinite crisis?

AstroStormz
advanced

Post by AstroStormz »

daemon1 wrote:what do you mean messed up? Looks ok to me. Is it the first time you extracting something from infinite crisis?

sigh i hv no words to respond with that comment but as far as the textures are concerned..............the cape is just fine while the actual body looks like this

AGAIN...........WHEN I IMPORT IT.............THE TEXTURE CO-ORDINATES BAR IS RED.......WHILE FOR THE CAPE MODEL AND OTHER MODELS FROM INFINITE CRISIS IT IS GREEN MEANING THAT THE MODEL WAS EXPORTED SUCCESSFULLY WITH CORRECT TEXTURE CO-ORDINATES WHILE THE BODY HAD INCORRECT CO-ORDINATES.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Ok, I'm not a modeller, but I've seen this in many games, and this is not unusual to have texture coordinates be over 1. Meaning the texture is wrapped many times on a model. This is probably why "BAR IS RED".

Also in Infinite crisis at least half of models have texture coordinates scaled to 0.5 and this is probably you have it looking wrong. Hope it helps.
AstroStormz
advanced

Post by AstroStormz »

daemon1 wrote:Ok, I'm not a modeller, but I've seen this in many games, and this is not unusual to have texture coordinates be over 1. Meaning the texture is wrapped many times on a model. This is probably why "BAR IS RED".

Also in Infinite crisis at least half of models have texture coordinates scaled to 0.5 and this is probably you have it looking wrong. Hope it helps.
i tried scaling but it didnt work...........what program do you use to view the models?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

blender
AstroStormz
advanced

Post by AstroStormz »

daemon1 wrote:blender
sigh i suck at using blender............by chance did you upload the wrong unpacking stream file? lol
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I checked and if I don't scale UVs it looks exactly like yours. So you have to scale them. Find someone who can explain how to do that in Max. This will be helpful to you anyway.
AstroStormz
advanced

Post by AstroStormz »

daemon1 wrote:I checked and if I don't scale UVs it looks exactly like yours. So you have to scale them. Find someone who can explain how to do that in Max. This will be helpful to you anyway.
sigh i give up xD
CoolGuy69
ultra-n00b

Post by CoolGuy69 »

daemon1 wrote:It works for me with steam version, but I think it must work with non-steam version too. Are you running it on a 32-bit version of windows?

this is 32-bit version of that dll.
What would be the texture file extension? And how would u know who's texture is who's?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

CoolGuy69 wrote:What would be the texture file extension? And how would u know who's texture is who's?
.DDS

You'll know by the name.
CoolGuy69
ultra-n00b

Post by CoolGuy69 »

daemon1 wrote:
CoolGuy69 wrote:What would be the texture file extension? And how would u know who's texture is who's?
.DDS

You'll know by the name.

I'm getting ".tex" files and they all say Tex and then a number next to it. :(
AstroStormz
advanced

Post by AstroStormz »

CoolGuy69 wrote:
daemon1 wrote:
.DDS

You'll know by the name.

I'm getting ".tex" files and they all say Tex and then a number next to it. :(
again.....................do not drag and drop the tfc file..............drag and drop the .bin file instead
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

i need to remove that... that was a debug feature for me to research their texture format...
Andelx
beginner

Post by Andelx »

Sorry to ask again, but how do I fix some of the textures, such as some of the cape textures, and stuff like Angel_Logo.

I have been searching for a answer for a while so I don't bother you. Thanks in advance.