Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (PC)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
ssringo
veteran

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (PC)

Post by ssringo »

So with Senran Kagura coming to PC, I'm hoping someone will be so kind as to create some tools/scripts/etc for the lovely ladies. Fortunately the files are organized fairly nicely so it's easy to get the model/texture package. Here is a .rar of several models (I believe I grabbed body, head, hair and a few accessories as well as the associated textures). The files are *.cat format. If more are needed I'm happy to share.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kddlc ... 9x3/SK.rar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (PC)

Post by shakotay2 »

ssringo wrote:So with Senran Kagura coming to PC, I'm hoping someone will be so kind as to create some tools/scripts/etc for the lovely ladies.
Are you a lovely lady? :D
Fortunately the files are organized fairly nicely so it's easy to get the model/texture package.
yep they are. And it would be rather easy imho to create some maxscript (or Noesis python script) for yourself if you'd take up some spare minutes of your free time to learn how to do it.

Problem, of course, will be to find the starting addresses of face indices and vertex block programmatically.
(For face indices block a search for 0000 0100 0200 should do the trick,
vertex blocks start 16 bytes after 01000000 00000000 01.)
acc_body_00-mdl.jpg
face indices count = face count * 3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shakotay2 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

shakotay2 wrote:Are you a lovely lady? :D
Not exactly (: Edit: Didn't realize colon+x was a "mad" emoticon
yep they are. And it would be rather easy imho to create some maxscript (or Noesis python script) for yourself if you'd take up some spare minutes of your free time to learn how to do it.
While I'm not opposed to learning how, I would be starting from scratch as I have zero knowledge or experience with doing so. I've see some of the scripts folks have posted on xentax (some of which were yours IIRC) and they could be in a long lost language and it'd make as much sense :P Hell, I'm currently scratching my head trying to figure out Gedosato so I can knock out those nasty jaggies in the game.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

ssringo wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:Are you a lovely lady? :D
Not exactly (:
too bad - I'm pretty sure some coder in this forum would like to create a script for a lovely lady.
Hell, I'm currently scratching my head trying to figure out Gedosato so I can knock out those nasty jaggies in the game.
understand - you're more an artist than a coder. But that's okay, imho.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

The model format's pretty much the exact same as the one from Neptunia U (or is it the other way around?), just without a couple of vertex values. So basically, the work's already done since I already made a MaxScript for the former.
https://mega.nz/#!DtBGVCoI!bSttjzKNf2Vg ... PjdCUvcJTY
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
mikulover39
advanced

Post by mikulover39 »

A extractor for the CAT archives. There doesn't seem to be any file type identifiers in this version so I could only auto detect extensions for the tmd files not the gxt so they will come out as .dat but they are usually the larger files in the _tex archives. The old GXT extractor for NeptuniaU should work on them fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mikulover39 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Thank you for the script mikulover39. Spent an hour or so extracting and organizing the characters and everything seems to be working fine. :D

Thank you Random for your continued efforts with the format. I didn't have time to test on much other than some Asuka model parts but it did work for me on Max10. Unfortunately I don't have 3DS Max on my work laptop so I can't do much else for now. I am glad to see actual face bones on the models though. Facial texture swapping can stay in the Neptunia series. :mrgreen:

Edit: Messed about with a few models. Found one issue so far. File name is pl13_hair_mdl_hi and upon importing to max the mesh is messed up although the skeleton is intact. Here is a copy of the file if needed.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3m3u0gsrpca446f
b59943201
ultra-n00b

Post by b59943201 »

del
Last edited by b59943201 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

ssringo wrote:Edit: Messed about with a few models. Found one issue so far. File name is pl13_hair_mdl_hi and upon importing to max the mesh is messed up although the skeleton is intact. Here is a copy of the file if needed.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3m3u0gsrpca446f
Ah, excellent! That'll help me with figuring out the vertex setups! While I work on updating the script, if you wanna get it to import that particular model correctly, temporarily add

Code: Select all

fseek f 0x04 #seek_cur
directly underneath

Code: Select all

tv = ((readshort f as float / 1024) * -1)
at line 190, for whatever reason that model has two UV mapping layers compared to everything else, but they're both the exact same. Hrm.

And don't worry about sending me the files to test, I have 'em all downloaded already.

(EDIT: Think I might've found the byte, but I'm gonna do some more experimentation first.)
(EDIT 2: Script has been updated, in the same link above. Delete the previous ones you may have downloaded too since I renamed the file (now TamsoftPC_TMD). Now works with both Neptunia U and Senran Kagura models in the same script, and fixes two-UV layer SK models. Still gotta unpack and look through the rest of the models, so expect another update.)
b59943201 wrote:sorry my eng is so poor..

someone can tell me how to extractor the _tex archives plz?

use TamsoftSKPC_CAT.zip to extractor will become .dat

and

use Tamsoft_CAT.bms or Tamsoft_GXT.bms (ttp://forum.xentax.com/download/file.php?id=10666) will become .dds but can't use..

someone help plz.. :cry:
I'll look into fixing the GXT script to extract the textures (and their filenames) properly soon.
b59943201
ultra-n00b

Post by b59943201 »

del
Last edited by b59943201 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Thanks for the updates Random. Will be making a bigger effort to check model parts tonight/through the weekend and will update if I find anything else.

As an aside, Onechanbara Z2 Chaos came out last night. The game is also from Tamsoft and the file structure looks just like Senran Kagura and uses *.cat format as well. Current tools start extracting into .dat files but crashes so maybe it's similar in format. Any plans to look at that game after Senran Kagura?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

ssringo wrote:Thanks for the updates Random. Will be making a bigger effort to check model parts tonight/through the weekend and will update if I find anything else.

As an aside, Onechanbara Z2 Chaos came out last night. The game is also from Tamsoft and the file structure looks just like Senran Kagura and uses *.cat format as well. Current tools start extracting into .dat files but crashes so maybe it's similar in format. Any plans to look at that game after Senran Kagura?
It'll probably be something like stage models that my script will crash on, since I haven't looked into those yet.

Anyway, since Onechanbara uses a completely different model format (a variation on the Phyre format), I think it's safe to say that I won't be looking into researching it, sorry.
Singe
ultra-n00b

Post by Singe »

Would it be possible to get model rips from the game that can be opened in something like Open 3D Model Viewer?
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Ah, the dreaded phyre format. That's the format FFX/X-2 uses and why nobody wants to create scripts for that one either. Sad to hear but oh well, can't always get what you want :mrgreen:

Back on topic with SK though. Even though I can't do anything with meshes until I get home, I have continued extracting and sorting with the current bms scripts. I'm not sure what issues the other guy was having with the dds textures. Everything regarding textures seemed to extract correctly and was viewable/usable on meshes. Maybe the person doesn't have a program or plugin able to view dds files? Noesis can certainly view them (is how I was sorting characters without being able to see the mesh).

Edit: Forgot to mention, there does seem to be some issues extracting textures from some of the files in the /dlc000/nnj/ folder with the GTX script. quickbms hangs for a minute then errors out with

"error in src\xalloc.c line 617: xdbg_malloc<>

Error: memory allocation problem
No error"

Haven't had time to go through everything but files in the /std/ folder seem to work fine.
mikulover39
advanced

Post by mikulover39 »

@ssringo
Strangely enough the textures in that folder are using the vita version of GXT which I looked into a couple of weeks back and made a noesis script to extract them. Re-download the CAT bms script above and it should extract the vita version of the files with the extension .gxt and then use this noesis script to open them, .dat textures still require the neptuniaGXT script. I also added detection for the vita version of the tmd files since I found some still left in the pc version.

It seems as if the /dlc0/nnj/ folder has them and some in the /enemy/ folder but I haven't found any in /patch/ or /npc/ yet

@b59943201
By "will become .dds but can't use.." do you mean you don't have a program to open the dds files? noesis supports them or there's even plugins for Photoshop and gimp and a windows photo viewer plugin that comes with microsoft xna framework.

It's a shame about onechanbara but I think they have been using the phyre format since the ps3 games. You can still extract the models using hex2obj like I did before but it's tedious and no bones or rigging. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8193&p=91327#p91327