Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

NFS 16

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
JONATHANTKB
beginner

Re: NFS 16

Post by JONATHANTKB »

sorry but need one tutorial :(
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

JONATHANTKB wrote:sorry but need one tutorial :(
Here's first mistake I've noticed straight from the image you posted.
Make the change and let me know how it works.
errors.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JONATHANTKB
beginner

Post by JONATHANTKB »

mono24 wrote:
JONATHANTKB wrote:sorry but need one tutorial :(
Here's first mistake I've noticed straight from the image you posted.
Make the change and let me know how it works.
errors.jpg
:wv: :rock: :rock: :drunken: thanks bro
JONATHANTKB
beginner

Post by JONATHANTKB »

no have end?

mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

JONATHANTKB wrote:no have end?
I have no clue as to what is your showing regarding those chunks, or asking, you'll have to do better than that and explain your issue.
And also, again, just by looking at your image I can see the extraction is incomplete, or maybe you do NOT have the legit fully updated game, because the number of chunks is way higher than what you have there, or maybe your using the wrong extraction script.
JONATHANTKB
beginner

Post by JONATHANTKB »

mono24 wrote:
JONATHANTKB wrote:no have end?
I have no clue as to what is your showing regarding those chunks, or asking, you'll have to do better than that and explain your issue.
And also, again, just by looking at your image I can see the extraction is incomplete, or maybe you do NOT have the legit fully updated game, because the number of chunks is way higher than what you have there, or maybe your using the wrong extraction script.
have full game and update
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zimex25
veteran

Post by zimex25 »

any progress? LOD B it's possible import?
ElyZium
ultra-n00b

Post by ElyZium »

Any progress for the nfs import script for 3ds max?
shawn0317
ultra-n00b

Post by shawn0317 »

anything new for importing mesh with no smooth errors? nfs script works for me on all cars in max but all have smoothing issues
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

shawn0317 wrote:anything new for importing mesh with no smooth errors? nfs script works for me on all cars in max but all have smoothing issues
Just errors or complete recalculation of smoothing?

I digging this problem two days for NFS Rivals cars, because only good result for smoothing you can get with Ninja Ripper + custom import script (reads normals and UV1+UV2 from rips):
(realistic materials without maps)

Standard BF4 Import Script looses normals data:

UUW3D importer do the same:

And just a hour ago, I accidentally find this promising post, download scripts and put them in already running 3dsmax 2013, import a car... and got exactly the same result as with "standard" importer...
With small hope I close 3dsmax 2013 and run 2016, then tried to import with separating parts (as I always do) and 3dsmax crashed in the middle of import process...
Ok, I run it again and do import again, but without parts separation... bingo!:

PS: Do a little more testing - separation of meshes does not always crash 3dsmax 2016, but always broke normals to autocalculated (just like as with Forza models), so we have good smooth or animated parts.
Smoothing does not works for me if I try to import in 3dsmax 2013 without parts splitting (but model saved from 3dsmax 2016 into 2013 format looks ok).
shawn0317
ultra-n00b

Post by shawn0317 »

Andrakann wrote:
shawn0317 wrote:anything new for importing mesh with no smooth errors? nfs script works for me on all cars in max but all have smoothing issues
Just errors or complete recalculation of smoothing?

I digging this problem two days for NFS Rivals cars, because only good result for smoothing you can get with Ninja Ripper + custom import script (reads normals and UV1+UV2 from rips):
(realistic materials without maps)

Standard BF4 Import Script looses normals data:

UUW3D importer do the same:

And just a hour ago, I accidentally find this promising post, download scripts and put them in already running 3dsmax 2013, import a car... and got exactly the same result as with "standard" importer...
With small hope I close 3dsmax 2013 and run 2016, then tried to import with separating parts (as I always do) and 3dsmax crashed in the middle of import process...
Ok, I run it again and do import again, but without parts separation... bingo!:

PS: Do a little more testing - separation of meshes does not always crash 3dsmax 2016, but always broke normals to autocalculated (just like as with Forza models), so we have good smooth or animated parts.
Smoothing does not works for me if I try to import in 3dsmax 2013 without parts splitting (but model saved from 3dsmax 2016 into 2013 format looks ok).
Non of this scripts seem to work for me, they do nothing when i select .mesh file, i have some other script called nfsinporter2016 and it works but gives the smooth error

EDIT: i moved chunk to new folder and now the select chunk option comes up, i select correct chunk then nothing happens, am i doing something wrong?
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

shawn0317 wrote:Non of this scripts seem to work for me, they do nothing when i select .mesh file, i have some other script called nfsinporter2016 and it works but gives the smooth error

EDIT: i moved chunk to new folder and now the select chunk option comes up, i select correct chunk then nothing happens, am i doing something wrong?
Maybe you used another script for dumping?
I used from this tuto, dump game, then used "Bf3_MeshFile_Type_Reader.exe" from the same tools pack for sorting out chunks for meshes, at the end I got this directory structure:
Meshes and chunks with same name placed in subfolders.
shawn0317
ultra-n00b

Post by shawn0317 »

Andrakann wrote:
shawn0317 wrote:Non of this scripts seem to work for me, they do nothing when i select .mesh file, i have some other script called nfsinporter2016 and it works but gives the smooth error

Maybe you used another script for dumping?
I used from this tuto, dump game, then used "Bf3_MeshFile_Type_Reader.exe" from the same tools pack for sorting out chunks for meshes, at the end I got this directory structure:
Meshes and chunks with same name placed in subfolders.
My dump looks the same also
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

I got all files extracted. Now i'm trying to import car models. But there's a problem.
I can't get the importer for the meshes. Also the Ultimate Unwrap 3D page loads extremely slow (server issues?).
This is what i selected at the download page:
And after clicking on "Download", the next webpage loads, only to show this:

Can someone send me the plugin for UU3D instead?
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

here ya go :D
nfs.zip