Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Battleborn

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
pewposterous
advanced

Battleborn

Post by pewposterous »

Was wondering if anyone could decrpyt the .exe?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d2onqyn3apua ... rn.7z?dl=0

Gildor the creator of umodel, cant make any progress cause he needs the decrypted exe.

http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?topic=2987.0
Last edited by pewposterous on Tue May 10, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Battleborn

Post by daemon1 »

You don't actually need the EXE to export stuff from UE. Though it can be done faster with it.
pewposterous
advanced

Post by pewposterous »

daemon1 wrote:You don't actually need the EXE to export stuff from UE. Though it can be done faster with it.
Im not sure the struggles Gildor is facing, but he said he cant do anything without the decrypted .exe
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Battleborn decrpyt .exe

Post by daemon1 »

I checked the files. Its decompressed with old tools without problems. There are models, textures, everything may be extracted without the EXE. What exactly do you need from this game?
amzerof6
advanced

Post by amzerof6 »

daemon1 wrote:I checked the files. Its decompressed with old tools without problems. There are models, textures, everything may be extracted without the EXE. What exactly do you need from this game?
how older?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I mean existing "extract" and "decompress" tools are working with this game, and you can get all game files.

And then you can convert textures and models manually, without the game .EXE
michalss

Post by michalss »

pls mods not reason to lock topic in this case..... unlocked..
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Here's a quick extract & render of that mage provided in the files. There were 2 textures for body and head, but I didn't bother to split them, because maybe nobody is even interested. Skeleton with all bones & weights is also there, fully extractable. Usual UE3 stuff.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I'm not going to make a new Umodel. But since gildor is not going to support this game, I will just make a set of simple tools to extract all models and textures.

First set of tools here.

Drag .TFC file onto battleborn_tfc.exe and it will extract all textures (in game internal format)

Put Battleborn_dds.exe into that folder and run. This will convert all textures to DDS. BC7 textures (normal maps mostly) will be converted to DX10 DDS files which are only supported by newest viewers. Like Visual studio 2015 or texconv covertor.

You can already start labelling textures for characters you need. They are all organized simply.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I've heard that umodel can export animations for this game. This is prob. because they are in some standard format. Can anyone check that, while I'm making a model tool?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

This is how they do it. Every character has a default skin, and a grey-colored skin with a mask to make the clothes any color you choose:

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

And here we go, model convertor is working. Render with all maps, except wind map, I don't know how to apply it.

I don't see much effect from normal map, yet I'm not a modeller, maybe I do something wrong.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Some formats were a little different between characters. But now it looks like the tool works for them all. Bones are not exported yet, just OBJ files, but I can already publish the tool.

Allanoon
veteran

Post by Allanoon »

Yes Umodel seems to be able to export the animation by using the "-border" switch, dunno if it's all of them but it's still 3.55 gb of .psa files :V