Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dark Souls 3 *.bdt and *.bhd Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
BloatheadSorcerer
n00b

Re: Dark Souls 3 *.bdt and *.bhd Files

Post by BloatheadSorcerer »

Okay so I have tried using Noesis to access some of the models but just as HunterAP said, some of them aren't accessible and the models are super bugged...But how did you get all of the /chr files all together?
Also Zaramot i have noticed that you were able to access them from 3DSmax. Are you using a script?
HunterAP
advanced

Post by HunterAP »

BloatheadSorcerer wrote:Okay so I have tried using Noesis to access some of the models but just as HunterAP said, some of them aren't accessible and the models are super bugged...But how did you get all of the /chr files all together?
Also Zaramot i have noticed that you were able to access them from 3DSmax. Are you using a script?
As I explained, the Noesis plugins for DSI and DSII do not owkr on DSIII FLVER. I sent Zaramot many, many DSIII files o that he can write an importer/converter for those files.

As for how I got all the files, I made a batch script that used BinderTool to go through all the folders, first unpacking the BHD/BDT files, then the DCX files, then the BND files. From there I used a program (and another batch script) I made to convert all TPF files to DDS.
BloatheadSorcerer
n00b

HunterAP wrote:
BloatheadSorcerer wrote:Okay so I have tried using Noesis to access some of the models but just as HunterAP said, some of them aren't accessible and the models are super bugged...But how did you get all of the /chr files all together?
As I explained, the Noesis plugins for DSI and DSII do not owkr on DSIII FLVER. I sent Zaramot many, many DSIII files o that he can write an importer/converter for those files.

As for how I got all the files, I made a batch script that used BinderTool to go through all the folders, first unpacking the BHD/BDT files, then the DCX files, then the BND files. From there I used a program (and another batch script) I made to convert all TPF files to DDS.

Oh this is a great improvement on what we had before! If you can implement the batch script you mentioned with the release of BinderTool itself and the dictionary, everything would work flawlessly!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

dibe91 wrote:sorry, but you can also get the original skeletons with skin models?
Well, yes I have bones and weights now. Though, there are some issues I'm trying to solve. I can provide "alpha" script for geometry right now. Maybe even with weights, but better I'll take a look more closer

Making model-import scripts, PM
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

zaramot wrote:
dibe91 wrote:sorry, but you can also get the original skeletons with skin models?
Well, yes I have bones and weights now. Though, there are some issues I'm trying to solve. I can provide "alpha" script for geometry right now. Maybe even with weights, but better I'll take a look more closer

good. I hope we can sort it out as soon as possible!

P.S .: if you can even arrange demon souls do me a great favor ...
BloatheadSorcerer
n00b

zaramot wrote:

If you can provide an alpha script it would be amazing. Also HunterAP, can you provide the batch script which you used to do the thing you said?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

dibe91 wrote: P.S .: if you can even arrange demon souls do me a great favor ...
Don't think I'm going to return to Demon's Souls, or Dark Souls I, model there are too outdated and in low quality, my most focus on DS 3 right now, and DS2 PC version but a bit less
Making model-import scripts, PM
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

BinderTool v0.4 is now available.
It now supports all the general DS III archive types, the regulation file and savegames.

Are there any scripts/tools that support splitting DS III tpf files?
HunterAP
advanced

Post by HunterAP »

-Never mind-

Got the release done early, here's a link to the Github page.
Please let me know if you run into any difficulties.
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

HunterAP wrote:-Never mind-

This doesn't handle tpf archives with multiple dds correctly and it doesn't even read the proper dds file names.

I've added tpf support to BinderTool since the format was pretty straightforward:
https://github.com/Atvaark/BinderTool/c ... 9132fbe303
pewposterous
advanced

Post by pewposterous »

HunterAP wrote:-Never mind-

I get a few errors when running this tool

ucrtbased.dll is missing
MSVCP140D.dll is missing
VCRUNTIME140D.dll is missing

Using windows 10
HunterAP
advanced

Post by HunterAP »

Use Atvaark's BinderTool, it works better than my tool and even renames the files appropriately.
michalss

Post by michalss »

atvaark wrote:BinderTool v0.4 is now available.
It now supports all the general DS III archive types, the regulation file and savegames.

Are there any scripts/tools that support splitting DS III tpf files?
Mate, gonna also do rebuilder/repacker/packer please ? As far as i know it is not needed to encrypted files back, game should take also non-encrypted files, so it should be relatively easy to do it, of course if it is true..
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
rumpo
ultra-n00b

Post by rumpo »

Anyone had success converting sounds? I'm getting no headers with FSB extractor.
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

here are the models that you asked me Zaramot: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88h32 ... 5w/chr.rar