Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

*.PSP files

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Simpson55
ultra-n00b

*.PSP files

Post by Simpson55 »

Hi there :)
I'm here because I have issues with *.PSP files, hence the name of the topic, I'm trying to rip graphics from the game 'From Russia with Love" on PSP, I found this topic about the same file format : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12081
So I tried to open the files with Asura Engine Extractor, and it worked, but the problem is, they're full of *.PNG, *.BMP and *.TGA files that can't be opened while they seem to be common image files.
Now if someone could tell what's wrong in what I've done, it would be nice, thanks in advance! :wink:
mr rocket
n00b

Re: *.PSP files

Post by mr rocket »

I had the same problem with the PSP Star Wars Battlefront games. TGA/PNG files can't be opened for some reason. However, you can still extract the textures by running PPSSPP with Texmod. They usually come out in BGR format (IIRC), but it's easy to convert it back to RGB.
Simpson55
ultra-n00b

Re: *.PSP files

Post by Simpson55 »

Unfortunately this emulator doesn't run on my PC, that's why I'm trying to rip this game's graphics in the iso itself :(